Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Let's talk about Hazbin Hotel!!
[quote name="Flufferb" date="2024-02-03 15:10:13" ] That’s a pretty interesting theory too ngl,, I felt like it was a bit too early to kill him off though? [/quote] In all honesty, the way I interpreted it was that things are getting canceled all the time, even things that have [i]already been produced[/i]. It is vicious out there for creators. I saw it as them trying not to leave too much of a cliffhanger, Just In Case. Because if you really look at it from a narrative lens, it's fairly complete. It introduces an antagonist, it introduces a conflict, and then it "resolves" that conflict. There are some minor hanging threads and there are opportunities for continuation, but the primary throughline is at equilibrium.
Flufferb wrote on 2024-02-03 15:10:13:
That’s a pretty interesting theory too ngl,, I felt like it was a bit too early to kill him off though?

In all honesty, the way I interpreted it was that things are getting canceled all the time, even things that have already been produced. It is vicious out there for creators.

I saw it as them trying not to leave too much of a cliffhanger, Just In Case. Because if you really look at it from a narrative lens, it's fairly complete. It introduces an antagonist, it introduces a conflict, and then it "resolves" that conflict. There are some minor hanging threads and there are opportunities for continuation, but the primary throughline is at equilibrium.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

Why talk when we can [emoji=music note size=1]siiiinnnggg[emoji=music notes size=1]? Alastor for the win. He's basically a wendigo and the people of Cannibal Town are [i]my[/i] type of folks! My husband and I were all sorts of antsy cheering at the end of the finale. I'm glad Pentious got what he deserved. He was a cinnamon roll.
Why talk when we can siiiinnnggg?

Alastor for the win. He's basically a wendigo and the people of Cannibal Town are my type of folks! My husband and I were all sorts of antsy cheering at the end of the finale. I'm glad Pentious got what he deserved. He was a cinnamon roll.
[quote name="Peixes" date="2024-02-03 20:31:08" ] [quote name="Flufferb" date="2024-02-03 15:10:13" ] That’s a pretty interesting theory too ngl,, I felt like it was a bit too early to kill him off though? [/quote] In all honesty, the way I interpreted it was that things are getting canceled all the time, even things that have [i]already been produced[/i]. It is vicious out there for creators. I saw it as them trying not to leave too much of a cliffhanger, Just In Case. Because if you really look at it from a narrative lens, it's fairly complete. It introduces an antagonist, it introduces a conflict, and then it "resolves" that conflict. There are some minor hanging threads and there are opportunities for continuation, but the primary throughline is at equilibrium. [/quote] Ah that makes a lot more sense hhh, I guess since the first season doesn’t have as many episodes as some other shows do I figured that it was too quick, imo the pacing of the show is a bit eh at points but I suppose it’s alright for the amount of episodes it’s got /nm Either way I’m interested to see what the show’s future holds! Even though we might likely have to wait a while for season two
Peixes wrote on 2024-02-03 20:31:08:
Flufferb wrote on 2024-02-03 15:10:13:
That’s a pretty interesting theory too ngl,, I felt like it was a bit too early to kill him off though?

In all honesty, the way I interpreted it was that things are getting canceled all the time, even things that have already been produced. It is vicious out there for creators.

I saw it as them trying not to leave too much of a cliffhanger, Just In Case. Because if you really look at it from a narrative lens, it's fairly complete. It introduces an antagonist, it introduces a conflict, and then it "resolves" that conflict. There are some minor hanging threads and there are opportunities for continuation, but the primary throughline is at equilibrium.

Ah that makes a lot more sense hhh, I guess since the first season doesn’t have as many episodes as some other shows do I figured that it was too quick, imo the pacing of the show is a bit eh at points but I suppose it’s alright for the amount of episodes it’s got /nm

Either way I’m interested to see what the show’s future holds! Even though we might likely have to wait a while for season two
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
AQPJNOh.png
ypcKWM0.png
2VtxnMX.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
HH and HB are those shows that, while I'm not super fond of the creator, I really do enjoy the characters and storyline. I feel like the pacing was a bit too fast and I hope we either get a few more episodes or slightly longer episodes in s2-- I miss the days of 30-45 minute shows with 20+ episodes, haha.

I personally feel like the humor matched the pilot, or improved on it, even. And the recasts were great, you could tell there were a lot of VAs in there with strong musical backgrounds.

Favorite characters would have to be Alastor, Angel Dust, Charlie + Vaggie, and the Vees were delightful in their awful way. Emily was also fun, and Lucifer was very surprising, but in a great way. I also ended up enjoying Lute, but not Adam, LOL.

Excited to see where s2 takes things.

- A.
HH and HB are those shows that, while I'm not super fond of the creator, I really do enjoy the characters and storyline. I feel like the pacing was a bit too fast and I hope we either get a few more episodes or slightly longer episodes in s2-- I miss the days of 30-45 minute shows with 20+ episodes, haha.

I personally feel like the humor matched the pilot, or improved on it, even. And the recasts were great, you could tell there were a lot of VAs in there with strong musical backgrounds.

Favorite characters would have to be Alastor, Angel Dust, Charlie + Vaggie, and the Vees were delightful in their awful way. Emily was also fun, and Lucifer was very surprising, but in a great way. I also ended up enjoying Lute, but not Adam, LOL.

Excited to see where s2 takes things.

- A.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
I see a lot of people comparing "pilot [character]" and "show [character]" which doesn't make sense to me? They're the same characters, the pilot is still canon so I don't understand it. I don't see any difference in personality either just the slight design change
I see a lot of people comparing "pilot [character]" and "show [character]" which doesn't make sense to me? They're the same characters, the pilot is still canon so I don't understand it. I don't see any difference in personality either just the slight design change
helluva boss didnt really catch my interest when i tried watching it, so i didnt have high hopes for hazbin hotel going in (didnt think id hate it, just wasnt sure after HB if itd grab me) - but i really genuinely like all the characters - lucifer and adam especially has such an interesting and cool take to them (i love different interpretations of biblical characters). also, angel dust surprised me. i was going into it prepared to not really 'get' him but i think they really handled him great and he became one of my favorites. i think he has the strongest writing of the season, actually. though i imagine they went into it planning for him to be a focus this season.

even if the narrative was rather rushed at times (probably due to the 8 episode limit), the music absolutely CARRIED the show. there were almost no misses in the soundtrack and i still have a lotta them on repeat!!!
helluva boss didnt really catch my interest when i tried watching it, so i didnt have high hopes for hazbin hotel going in (didnt think id hate it, just wasnt sure after HB if itd grab me) - but i really genuinely like all the characters - lucifer and adam especially has such an interesting and cool take to them (i love different interpretations of biblical characters). also, angel dust surprised me. i was going into it prepared to not really 'get' him but i think they really handled him great and he became one of my favorites. i think he has the strongest writing of the season, actually. though i imagine they went into it planning for him to be a focus this season.

even if the narrative was rather rushed at times (probably due to the 8 episode limit), the music absolutely CARRIED the show. there were almost no misses in the soundtrack and i still have a lotta them on repeat!!!
Stuffed Pincushion fr+2 // pisces (mar 18) // returning inexperienced player
z0ukAzB.png7ophKeo.png75JySJB.pngG8AyR6r.png
1mHo60x.pngSrp8D6R.pngUOO8oB4.pngQetF0Qf.png
It was so good... TT_TT I can't even say which character is my fav... The songs were all so good... The animators really knocked it out, and just... MMMM SO GOOD... I found I enjoyed Alastor a lot more too, in the pilot I didn't take him as seriously and thought he was a little too goofy to seem intimidating but got to know him better in the series. And and Husk and Angel... ; o ; my heart... [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
It was so good... TT_TT I can't even say which character is my fav... The songs were all so good... The animators really knocked it out, and just... MMMM SO GOOD... I found I enjoyed Alastor a lot more too, in the pilot I didn't take him as seriously and thought he was a little too goofy to seem intimidating but got to know him better in the series. And and Husk and Angel... ; o ; my heart...
ca4nyRv.png1YB0OjO.pngeIK5iG7.pngtqGkHih.pnghelluva_boss.pngshe_ra.pngrnKnsgE.pngoaolHwW.pngll0CfnD.png11efmKl.pngMesq6uj.pngYMPbu9R.png
OK Lucifer pulled me into Hazbin Hotel, and I ended up binging both Helluva Boss & Hazbin Hotel with my bestie hahaha. Unsurprisingly Lucifer ended up my favorite!!!! But I also really enjoyed Carmine as well, she was such an interesting character to me and her singing voice was so powerful too!!

I don't really have any takeaway ships from Hazbin yet, but I gotta say I love Lucifer & Alastor's divorced dad energy lol.
OK Lucifer pulled me into Hazbin Hotel, and I ended up binging both Helluva Boss & Hazbin Hotel with my bestie hahaha. Unsurprisingly Lucifer ended up my favorite!!!! But I also really enjoyed Carmine as well, she was such an interesting character to me and her singing voice was so powerful too!!

I don't really have any takeaway ships from Hazbin yet, but I gotta say I love Lucifer & Alastor's divorced dad energy lol.
I love Hazbin Hotel! I am literally listening to "Hell's Greatest Dad" right now! My favorite characters are probably Alastor(ik he's evil LOL) and Lucifer!
I love Hazbin Hotel! I am literally listening to "Hell's Greatest Dad" right now! My favorite characters are probably Alastor(ik he's evil LOL) and Lucifer!
i heard it was coming out and remembered watching the pilot all those years ago, so decided to give it a shot and really enjoyed. i didn't expect it to be do sincere and emotional but i liked the direction it was going. it did feel a bit rushed but i mean what can u do with only 8 episodes

though my enjoyment of it is a bit critical as ive heard of the many, many contreversies the creator got into. im not really that interested in looking into them but the few i have seen were unfortunate but yknow separate the art from the artist and all that
i heard it was coming out and remembered watching the pilot all those years ago, so decided to give it a shot and really enjoyed. i didn't expect it to be do sincere and emotional but i liked the direction it was going. it did feel a bit rushed but i mean what can u do with only 8 episodes

though my enjoyment of it is a bit critical as ive heard of the many, many contreversies the creator got into. im not really that interested in looking into them but the few i have seen were unfortunate but yknow separate the art from the artist and all that
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png