Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video essay enthusiasts?
1 2 3
hell yeah, video essays! hbomberguy's are great, i was hesitant to watch his latest one because of how *long* it is but i ended up hooked. as for my recommendations, jacob geller and folding ideas make very good videos discussing and analyzing media, primarily from a leftist perspective, though recently folding idea has also made videos about grifters, cryptocurrency, etc.
hell yeah, video essays! hbomberguy's are great, i was hesitant to watch his latest one because of how *long* it is but i ended up hooked. as for my recommendations, jacob geller and folding ideas make very good videos discussing and analyzing media, primarily from a leftist perspective, though recently folding idea has also made videos about grifters, cryptocurrency, etc.
they/he, fr+15
forum game frequenter
Seconding Jacob Geller, he’s very insightful
Seconding Jacob Geller, he’s very insightful
zdkBiZa.png
I'd like to watch the hbomberguy video buuuut apparently he tried starting up some drama with Internet Historian (which I will not stand for because A: he is a fellow Aussie, and B: the thing hbomberguy tried to use to start drama was already dealt with) so.... I will not be watching it.

Anyways, kinda surprised I didn't see any mentions of Flaw Peacock in my quick skim through the replies in this. I've been watching the video on Who's Lila? he made and it's really good! He doesn't have many videos out right now but from the looks of it he seems to mainly focus on horror and generally unsettling stuff (also he's just fun to listen to lol)

Wendigoon's another good one! He's doing a cryptid iceberg/also kind of a ranking video series right now and I'm very happy about his placement of mothman on the tierlist.
I'd like to watch the hbomberguy video buuuut apparently he tried starting up some drama with Internet Historian (which I will not stand for because A: he is a fellow Aussie, and B: the thing hbomberguy tried to use to start drama was already dealt with) so.... I will not be watching it.

Anyways, kinda surprised I didn't see any mentions of Flaw Peacock in my quick skim through the replies in this. I've been watching the video on Who's Lila? he made and it's really good! He doesn't have many videos out right now but from the looks of it he seems to mainly focus on horror and generally unsettling stuff (also he's just fun to listen to lol)

Wendigoon's another good one! He's doing a cryptid iceberg/also kind of a ranking video series right now and I'm very happy about his placement of mothman on the tierlist.
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L27 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
@Amieg

you don't have to defend him. if you'd watched hbomberguy's video, you'd find that Internet Historian's segment is only 20 minutes long and calling out his egregious plagiarism on his "Man in Cave" video. He's also a run of the mill right-wing "anti-sjw", which Harris also points out in his video.

Anyway. I have a long list of video essays in my Watch Later playlist and it looks like it's about to get a lot longer with all these recommendations. If you haven't yet, check out Todd in the Shadows video on James Somerton as well!
@Amieg

you don't have to defend him. if you'd watched hbomberguy's video, you'd find that Internet Historian's segment is only 20 minutes long and calling out his egregious plagiarism on his "Man in Cave" video. He's also a run of the mill right-wing "anti-sjw", which Harris also points out in his video.

Anyway. I have a long list of video essays in my Watch Later playlist and it looks like it's about to get a lot longer with all these recommendations. If you haven't yet, check out Todd in the Shadows video on James Somerton as well!
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
1 2 3