Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your favorite fictional dragons?
1 2 3
Heya! I'd like to ask that which piece of fictional media (or mythology) has your favorite dragons! Feel free to also talk more about the dragons if you like, or discuss/ask questions about dragon characters :)

I'll not make promises or commitments to reply a lot but I am enthusiastic to read every comment and at least try to answer any possible questions.
As for my favorites, in no particular order:

Video Games and Tabletop

Flight Rising dragons (too many breeds to list), Dungeons&Dragons dragons of all kinds (bronze and black dragons my beloved), Guild Wars 2 (especially Kralkatorrik), Dragon's Dogma (Grigori), Souls games/Elden Ring (Dragon God, Kalameet, Sinh, Midir, Fortissax/Lansseax/Gransax/Placidusax and Adula), Spyro Reignited (I really appreciate many NPCs in especially the first game of reignited, shoutout to Titan), Final Fantasy (Bahamut my beloved), Draconia in which you play as dragons, Skyrim with mods is pretty good too

Books/shows

ASOIAF (Balerion hngng and VERMITHOR), LOTR/Silmarillion (Smaug, Ancalagon, Glaurung), Wings of Fire (I appreciate Winter, Qibli, Sundew and Cricket in particular)

Mythology

Honestly Too Many of them but some worthy mentions:

Ladon, Typhon, Kulshedra, Nidhögg, Jörmungandr, Quetzalcoatl, Tiamat

Probably others I cant think rn!!!
Heya! I'd like to ask that which piece of fictional media (or mythology) has your favorite dragons! Feel free to also talk more about the dragons if you like, or discuss/ask questions about dragon characters :)

I'll not make promises or commitments to reply a lot but I am enthusiastic to read every comment and at least try to answer any possible questions.
As for my favorites, in no particular order:

Video Games and Tabletop

Flight Rising dragons (too many breeds to list), Dungeons&Dragons dragons of all kinds (bronze and black dragons my beloved), Guild Wars 2 (especially Kralkatorrik), Dragon's Dogma (Grigori), Souls games/Elden Ring (Dragon God, Kalameet, Sinh, Midir, Fortissax/Lansseax/Gransax/Placidusax and Adula), Spyro Reignited (I really appreciate many NPCs in especially the first game of reignited, shoutout to Titan), Final Fantasy (Bahamut my beloved), Draconia in which you play as dragons, Skyrim with mods is pretty good too

Books/shows

ASOIAF (Balerion hngng and VERMITHOR), LOTR/Silmarillion (Smaug, Ancalagon, Glaurung), Wings of Fire (I appreciate Winter, Qibli, Sundew and Cricket in particular)

Mythology

Honestly Too Many of them but some worthy mentions:

Ladon, Typhon, Kulshedra, Nidhögg, Jörmungandr, Quetzalcoatl, Tiamat

Probably others I cant think rn!!!
rI2B9a8.png
I'm a pretty big fan of the dragons (and wyverns) in Monster Hunter. I like Nargacuga, Gore Magala, and Namielle!
I'm a pretty big fan of the dragons (and wyverns) in Monster Hunter. I like Nargacuga, Gore Magala, and Namielle!
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
spyro, cynder, and ember from various spyro games. i hope ember could be brought back and get an actual character with depth and stuff, flame too since literally no one cares about him. giratina and zekrom from pokemon are my favorite dragon types, the jangmo-o and goomy lines are really good too. i read a lot of books about dragons when i was younger but i hardly remember anything now. there was a series that all i can recall was a girl was raising dragons in a medevial fantasy setting and the different colors had different abilities and i wish i could remember what it was, though that's not a great description to go off of i know. oh and shout out to that dark souls looking dragon in mario odyssey, there's actually a lot of dragons in the mario series and spinoffs but nobody really talks about say gobbleglut or hooktail or the draglets. yoshi is a turtle/koopa but kept getting refered to as a dragon a lot especially in the original japanese versions of games so honorable mention i guess. oh yeah right this happened too [img]https://mario.wiki.gallery/images/a/a7/P%26DSMBE_Artwork_Mario.png[/img]
spyro, cynder, and ember from various spyro games. i hope ember could be brought back and get an actual character with depth and stuff, flame too since literally no one cares about him.

giratina and zekrom from pokemon are my favorite dragon types, the jangmo-o and goomy lines are really good too.

i read a lot of books about dragons when i was younger but i hardly remember anything now. there was a series that all i can recall was a girl was raising dragons in a medevial fantasy setting and the different colors had different abilities and i wish i could remember what it was, though that's not a great description to go off of i know.

oh and shout out to that dark souls looking dragon in mario odyssey, there's actually a lot of dragons in the mario series and spinoffs but nobody really talks about say gobbleglut or hooktail or the draglets. yoshi is a turtle/koopa but kept getting refered to as a dragon a lot especially in the original japanese versions of games so honorable mention i guess.

oh yeah right this happened too
P%26DSMBE_Artwork_Mario.png
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Gamewise, Naydraa from LOZ (spec BOTW design) and Reshiram.

Bookwise, probably Turtle and Moonwatcher.

Show-wise, I'm counting (spoilers to some people) Belos possessing the titan and the speedstinger from HTTYD as my faves.
Gamewise, Naydraa from LOZ (spec BOTW design) and Reshiram.

Bookwise, probably Turtle and Moonwatcher.

Show-wise, I'm counting (spoilers to some people) Belos possessing the titan and the speedstinger from HTTYD as my faves.
Prophet's Vision/Wishlist/Exalt tab/Sales
Fr+2
Chaotic neutral Gaymer
Give a biscuit to my opossum son, Hubert
I've loved Spyro and Cynder all my life! as well as Ignitus! and all of Skyrim's dragons but mostly Alduin!
though more recently though I've fallen in love with Angelus from Drakengard!

(oh! and colosssal red dragon from D&D as I had his figure as a child.)
I've loved Spyro and Cynder all my life! as well as Ignitus! and all of Skyrim's dragons but mostly Alduin!
though more recently though I've fallen in love with Angelus from Drakengard!

(oh! and colosssal red dragon from D&D as I had his figure as a child.)
irjPdAT.png
Any dragon from Golden Treasure: The Great Green, I love how Dr5agons are portrayed there.

Toothless/Night Furies from HTTYD are really coold, there are some dragonsfrom that Franchise I like but I admit I forgot most of the names^^°

I confess my only real interaction with DnD is through Baldur's Gate 3, but the Dragons (and Dragonborn) look really cool there!

And as other already said: Spyro, Cynder and some others from various Spyro games.
Any dragon from Golden Treasure: The Great Green, I love how Dr5agons are portrayed there.

Toothless/Night Furies from HTTYD are really coold, there are some dragonsfrom that Franchise I like but I admit I forgot most of the names^^°

I confess my only real interaction with DnD is through Baldur's Gate 3, but the Dragons (and Dragonborn) look really cool there!

And as other already said: Spyro, Cynder and some others from various Spyro games.
OSPKX5l.png
I've always been partial to the Elden Ring and Dragon's Dogma dragons c: Pathfinder ones are pretty neat too!
I've always been partial to the Elden Ring and Dragon's Dogma dragons c: Pathfinder ones are pretty neat too!
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
I honestly don't consume a ton of dragon media, but Paarthurnax from Skyrim is my dragon dad and I love him. And it's an obscure fandom, but the dragons from Dragnarok are awesome
I honestly don't consume a ton of dragon media, but Paarthurnax from Skyrim is my dragon dad and I love him. And it's an obscure fandom, but the dragons from Dragnarok are awesome
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
pokemon: salamence, garchomp, eternatus, koraidon, miraidon, rayquaza, hydreigon, tyrantrum, lugia, paradox beasts, appletun, etc

digimon: gundramon, imperialdramon, machinedramon, raidramon, etc

monster hunter: namielle, chameleos, alatreon, dire miralis, gogmazios, malzeno, gore magala, dalamadur, lagiacrus, nargacuga, agnaktor, etc

dark souls: seath, undead dragon, gargoyles, ancient dragon

fr: my dragons, shadowbinder, tidelord, flamecaller, plaguebringer

smt: seth, seiryu, kohryu, genbu, sameal, fafnir

dragons dogma: grigori

spectrobes: shakoblade

mario: the odyssey dragon forgot name, dragon eel from nsmb u

fire emblem: anankos, the awakening one forgot name, the fish dragon from fates forgot name

metroid: ridley

yugioh: blue eyes, cyber end dragon, rainbow dragon, slifer the sky dragon, winged dragon of ra, tyrant dragon, five god dragon, red eyes

ff bahamut

smaug

etc
pokemon: salamence, garchomp, eternatus, koraidon, miraidon, rayquaza, hydreigon, tyrantrum, lugia, paradox beasts, appletun, etc

digimon: gundramon, imperialdramon, machinedramon, raidramon, etc

monster hunter: namielle, chameleos, alatreon, dire miralis, gogmazios, malzeno, gore magala, dalamadur, lagiacrus, nargacuga, agnaktor, etc

dark souls: seath, undead dragon, gargoyles, ancient dragon

fr: my dragons, shadowbinder, tidelord, flamecaller, plaguebringer

smt: seth, seiryu, kohryu, genbu, sameal, fafnir

dragons dogma: grigori

spectrobes: shakoblade

mario: the odyssey dragon forgot name, dragon eel from nsmb u

fire emblem: anankos, the awakening one forgot name, the fish dragon from fates forgot name

metroid: ridley

yugioh: blue eyes, cyber end dragon, rainbow dragon, slifer the sky dragon, winged dragon of ra, tyrant dragon, five god dragon, red eyes

ff bahamut

smaug

etc
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
She's technically only part dragon (chimera) but I loooooove falin from dungeon meshi so much. I want to try making a fandragon of her on here once I clear some of my other projects [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/5c7b3aba95d0f6dcebacb892cfafb565/641ecb51a07fe0e4-e8/s1280x1920/f69001b8d75f374a7a529ecfa29e75ec3b0937a1.png[/img] I also really love all the dragon-based digimon I can't remember my favorites but whenever I see a digimon with a -dramon suffix I get excited
She's technically only part dragon (chimera) but I loooooove falin from dungeon meshi so much. I want to try making a fandragon of her on here once I clear some of my other projects
f69001b8d75f374a7a529ecfa29e75ec3b0937a1.png
I also really love all the dragon-based digimon I can't remember my favorites but whenever I see a digimon with a -dramon suffix I get excited
1 2 3