Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favourite books & genres?
1 2 3
I also loved the Hunger Games! Have you read Fourth Wing? Dragon riders, so feels relevant to FR haha. Several people in my book club loved it so I picked it up over the summer and really enjoyed it. And there's a sequel coming out in November I think, which is exciting.

KarateOdysseyman, what kinds of stories do you write?
I also loved the Hunger Games! Have you read Fourth Wing? Dragon riders, so feels relevant to FR haha. Several people in my book club loved it so I picked it up over the summer and really enjoyed it. And there's a sequel coming out in November I think, which is exciting.

KarateOdysseyman, what kinds of stories do you write?
(just for your information, you have to ping the person so they see your message when you reply! So you would ping them by adding a @ in front of their name, just thought id let you know!)

I personally love a lot of books, but i find myself coming back to Cassandra Claires "Shadowhunter" series! i actually own all the books minus the newest one that's coming out soon, and have read them multiple times over :) They've inspired me in the past for my own OC lore!

I also love Warriors by Erin Hunter, and it has a special place in my heart :) i don't own all the books for Warriors but i do own over 20 books and have been slowly building my collection up, as i adore the books and read them throughout elementary to high school! i found them in my 4th grade classroom, then i was hooked :)

I also adore the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead, i haven't finished reading those books yet but im almost done with book 3 and its definitely a hook! Im also looking into reading ACOTAR (A Court of Thorns and Roses), my mother bought me the box set but she lives in another state so i plan to snag them off of her soon :)

As for any other books, ive read some other standalones like Carnival and Lore, they're really good! I find myself liking the Graphic Novel on Webtoons called Lore Olympus as well! Im sad its on a temp hiatus for another few months but im looking forward to the comeback! :D
(just for your information, you have to ping the person so they see your message when you reply! So you would ping them by adding a @ in front of their name, just thought id let you know!)

I personally love a lot of books, but i find myself coming back to Cassandra Claires "Shadowhunter" series! i actually own all the books minus the newest one that's coming out soon, and have read them multiple times over :) They've inspired me in the past for my own OC lore!

I also love Warriors by Erin Hunter, and it has a special place in my heart :) i don't own all the books for Warriors but i do own over 20 books and have been slowly building my collection up, as i adore the books and read them throughout elementary to high school! i found them in my 4th grade classroom, then i was hooked :)

I also adore the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead, i haven't finished reading those books yet but im almost done with book 3 and its definitely a hook! Im also looking into reading ACOTAR (A Court of Thorns and Roses), my mother bought me the box set but she lives in another state so i plan to snag them off of her soon :)

As for any other books, ive read some other standalones like Carnival and Lore, they're really good! I find myself liking the Graphic Novel on Webtoons called Lore Olympus as well! Im sad its on a temp hiatus for another few months but im looking forward to the comeback! :D
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
YA fiction is just so so amazing

I've got so many books I love that I reccomend to people :)
YA fiction is just so so amazing

I've got so many books I love that I reccomend to people :)
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Fantasy is my favorite genre, followed by scifi. I also really love books that mix the two genres or mix them with horror.

Favorite books
1. Tolkien- especially the Silmarillion
2. Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere
3. Dune
4. A bunch of the Star Wars EU, but especially Darth Plagieus
5. Abhorsen books
6. Heralds of Valdemar series
7. Shades of Magic series
8. This is How You Lose the Time War
9. The Deed of Paksenarrion Trilog
10. ANything by C.J. Cherryh

Other great books, in no particular order:
Jasmine Throne
Gilded Ones
Grace of Kings
Magician's Nephew (best Narnia book hands down)
Wheel of Time books
Eragon books
Sword of Truth books 1-4
Belgariad books and the Mallorean books
Riftwar Saga
Pern books (especially first three)
Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn
everything by Guy Gavriel Key
Merlin books by Mary Stewart
Poppy War trilogy
Iron Widow
Earthsea books
Fantasy is my favorite genre, followed by scifi. I also really love books that mix the two genres or mix them with horror.

Favorite books
1. Tolkien- especially the Silmarillion
2. Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere
3. Dune
4. A bunch of the Star Wars EU, but especially Darth Plagieus
5. Abhorsen books
6. Heralds of Valdemar series
7. Shades of Magic series
8. This is How You Lose the Time War
9. The Deed of Paksenarrion Trilog
10. ANything by C.J. Cherryh

Other great books, in no particular order:
Jasmine Throne
Gilded Ones
Grace of Kings
Magician's Nephew (best Narnia book hands down)
Wheel of Time books
Eragon books
Sword of Truth books 1-4
Belgariad books and the Mallorean books
Riftwar Saga
Pern books (especially first three)
Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn
everything by Guy Gavriel Key
Merlin books by Mary Stewart
Poppy War trilogy
Iron Widow
Earthsea books
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
Popsci. Well, any scientific works written in easily accessible language and not hidden behind thirty paywalls, for that matter. Honestly, even random Wikipedia articles do it for me if I'm extra hungry for more useless info.
Popsci. Well, any scientific works written in easily accessible language and not hidden behind thirty paywalls, for that matter. Honestly, even random Wikipedia articles do it for me if I'm extra hungry for more useless info.
dGVSNyM.png
I've been really into non-fiction lately! I find them easier to get into than novels. Currently reading A World Lit Only By Fire, by William Manchester. Found randomly a book giveaway at a school i'm taking a course at, and I'm really liking it.

Next on my reading list is a science fiction one, tho. The Left Hand of Darkness, by Ursula K. Le Guin. I keep meaning to get into it, but i get distracted by my ADHD brain. It's really hard for me to be constant about hobbies unless i'm like, totally fixated.
I've been really into non-fiction lately! I find them easier to get into than novels. Currently reading A World Lit Only By Fire, by William Manchester. Found randomly a book giveaway at a school i'm taking a course at, and I'm really liking it.

Next on my reading list is a science fiction one, tho. The Left Hand of Darkness, by Ursula K. Le Guin. I keep meaning to get into it, but i get distracted by my ADHD brain. It's really hard for me to be constant about hobbies unless i'm like, totally fixated.
house of leaves,... im so normal about that book. thank you MyHouse.WAD for showing me that masterpeice
house of leaves,... im so normal about that book. thank you MyHouse.WAD for showing me that masterpeice
i think its time to freak out
Cosmic horror! The fear of the unknown is one of the most fascinating things to me
Cosmic horror! The fear of the unknown is one of the most fascinating things to me
Call me Soli!
She/her
I'm always subbed
Fr +0
Minor
1rAc41Y.gif Art Shop
Clan Directory
68031594.png
wqnTQE2.png Tm63Ief.pngezgif-4-4eb770cf62.gif
I'll read anything as long as I find it interesting and enjoyable but I especially lean towards Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Kinda leaning closer to Sci-Fi now but again, that doesn't stop me from liking other things! Brandon Sanderson's SkyWard series is definitely my favorite.
I'll read anything as long as I find it interesting and enjoyable but I especially lean towards Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Kinda leaning closer to Sci-Fi now but again, that doesn't stop me from liking other things! Brandon Sanderson's SkyWard series is definitely my favorite.
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
I'm not a huge book person, so I don't really have a go to genre.
but I do like reading books that are connected to other media such as video games! it's always a joy reading about the current video game I'm playing and learning more of everything, or to just enjoy how the writer tells the story in novel form and the little details they add!
even if the novel that either takes place in the games universe or retells the story is not all that great, I find it's still an intriguing read!
I'm not a huge book person, so I don't really have a go to genre.
but I do like reading books that are connected to other media such as video games! it's always a joy reading about the current video game I'm playing and learning more of everything, or to just enjoy how the writer tells the story in novel form and the little details they add!
even if the novel that either takes place in the games universe or retells the story is not all that great, I find it's still an intriguing read!
dTnuN0I.png
1 2 3