Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Repo! the genetic opera
1 2
I just watched it, god this movie sucks but it's so so good
I just watched it, god this movie sucks but it's so so good
No need to ping, I'm subbed to all my own threads!
i know absolutely nothing about this movie, but i've listened to the "let the monster rise" song ever since i was in middle school and have seen plenty of animatics and stuff for it lol. pretty good song ngl

i also found out a week or so ago that it was a movie. i thought it was a musical for the longest time. lol
i know absolutely nothing about this movie, but i've listened to the "let the monster rise" song ever since i was in middle school and have seen plenty of animatics and stuff for it lol. pretty good song ngl

i also found out a week or so ago that it was a movie. i thought it was a musical for the longest time. lol
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Its a movie musical. You should totally watch it! its very very bad and that is part of it's charm (i am not kidding this movie actually sucks but its so fun)

its the same guys who did the first saw movie and has a lot of the same gritty, goth aesthetics
Its a movie musical. You should totally watch it! its very very bad and that is part of it's charm (i am not kidding this movie actually sucks but its so fun)

its the same guys who did the first saw movie and has a lot of the same gritty, goth aesthetics
No need to ping, I'm subbed to all my own threads!
repo is like candy corn. it's objectively bad but that's kind of why it's good

repo is like candy corn. it's objectively bad but that's kind of why it's good

hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
It can be lewd and crude in spots, but the music is awesome, and it has some pretty on the nose social commentary.

- A.
It can be lewd and crude in spots, but the music is awesome, and it has some pretty on the nose social commentary.

- A.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
So a funny bit about this movie that my dad noticed after seeing it...

It's basically Star Wars.

It's got young heroic lead whose father is a towering man in black robes and helmet. Said towering man in black is the chief henchman for an elderly "final boss" who's responsible for turning him to evil. Elderly final boss tries to bring the heroic lead onto his side, but the heroic lead rejects his deal and eventually the hero's father dies in their arms after reconciling.

Fun fact; you can tell who's seen the movie if you walk into a thread/server and say "Zydrate comes in a little glass vial..."
So a funny bit about this movie that my dad noticed after seeing it...

It's basically Star Wars.

It's got young heroic lead whose father is a towering man in black robes and helmet. Said towering man in black is the chief henchman for an elderly "final boss" who's responsible for turning him to evil. Elderly final boss tries to bring the heroic lead onto his side, but the heroic lead rejects his deal and eventually the hero's father dies in their arms after reconciling.

Fun fact; you can tell who's seen the movie if you walk into a thread/server and say "Zydrate comes in a little glass vial..."
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
I unironically loved it when I was younger and I have “Zydrate Anatomy” on my main playlist on Apple Music
I unironically loved it when I was younger and I have “Zydrate Anatomy” on my main playlist on Apple Music
Sd8tfDo.png Arcane-Network.png
This movie is so good in the sort of junk food way, I love it!

Their other productions are also on point too (visual and soundtrack wise). Devil's Carnival and its sequel as well as American Murder Song. The music is definitely my favorite part though.
This movie is so good in the sort of junk food way, I love it!

Their other productions are also on point too (visual and soundtrack wise). Devil's Carnival and its sequel as well as American Murder Song. The music is definitely my favorite part though.
AnDjjTc.pngwTBPG5s.pngFRbWiYH.pngupJLoFN.pngSjV5FiU.pngqKZAaLK.pngmPQFox6.pngmgdSuQM.png
bQRqVp4.png
BOM8DOB.png
iDdef0R.png
q9EEy5M.png
QarGXsT.png
fkWjutW.png
dEo6ta2.png
dude I've never seen the movie but I have listened to the whole soundtrack bc it's the same kind of music I enjoy. I love it. I don't understand the plot and I don't want to. It's a strange and unknowable piece of fever dream media to me and I will not ruin that with a story that might actually make sense
dude I've never seen the movie but I have listened to the whole soundtrack bc it's the same kind of music I enjoy. I love it. I don't understand the plot and I don't want to. It's a strange and unknowable piece of fever dream media to me and I will not ruin that with a story that might actually make sense
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif Nba8ElM.png
uVEyOnT.png
tyEuRXe.png
WXBzxw1.gif
Nkk0jLq.png
mlHpBMC.png

Need Hib Den Items? :)
Oh boy we talkin' about- > "It sucks" "Objectively bad" [img]https://media.tenor.com/pXe-GokoyA0AAAAC/the-s-impsons-bush.gif[/img] But man that soundtrack absolutely worms its way into your head. Every time I'm doing chores that are kind of disgusting (usually pulling hair of the drain) I play "Thankless Job" in my head.
Oh boy we talkin' about-
> "It sucks" "Objectively bad"
the-s-impsons-bush.gif

But man that soundtrack absolutely worms its way into your head. Every time I'm doing chores that are kind of disgusting (usually pulling hair of the drain) I play "Thankless Job" in my head.
1 2