Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Monster Hunter movie
1 2
[quote name="Alkyona" date="2023-01-19 10:15:05" ] The animated Netflix movie looks like a masterpiece by comparison, and I thought it was okay. [/quote] Theres an animated netflox version? Awesome. Gonna check it out and hope it isnt trash like this one
Alkyona wrote on 2023-01-19 10:15:05:

The animated Netflix movie looks like a masterpiece by comparison, and I thought it was okay.

Theres an animated netflox version? Awesome. Gonna check it out and hope it isnt trash like this one
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
...Diablos and Rathalos looked good? And they got Diablos being a desert ambush predator right?

That's...that's pretty much the only good things I can say about the film. I knew it was gonna be a mess as soon as I saw the trailer and thought "Why is the US military in Monster Hunter?". It was just....wrong on so many levels.

What angered me most, though, aside from the MURICA pandering of the whole American Military schtick, was the setting. One of the MH series' biggest draws is the absolutely gorgeous landscapes and seeing how the Monsters fit into them, how they've clearly evolved to suit their environments. What does the movie do for most of the movie? A desert. Just...endless sand.

I could right an entire essay on everything wrong with the movie, but I'll leave it at the above.
...Diablos and Rathalos looked good? And they got Diablos being a desert ambush predator right?

That's...that's pretty much the only good things I can say about the film. I knew it was gonna be a mess as soon as I saw the trailer and thought "Why is the US military in Monster Hunter?". It was just....wrong on so many levels.

What angered me most, though, aside from the MURICA pandering of the whole American Military schtick, was the setting. One of the MH series' biggest draws is the absolutely gorgeous landscapes and seeing how the Monsters fit into them, how they've clearly evolved to suit their environments. What does the movie do for most of the movie? A desert. Just...endless sand.

I could right an entire essay on everything wrong with the movie, but I'll leave it at the above.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
massive monhun fan who's never seen the movie. paul w.s. anderson got a stunt actor killed in one of his other films did he not? i can't believe he still has a career if that's true honestly. the other monster hunter film, legends of the guild, isn't exactly fine art, but it's kind of adorable in its earnestness and too short to call it a waste of time. go watch that instead in my opinion
massive monhun fan who's never seen the movie. paul w.s. anderson got a stunt actor killed in one of his other films did he not? i can't believe he still has a career if that's true honestly. the other monster hunter film, legends of the guild, isn't exactly fine art, but it's kind of adorable in its earnestness and too short to call it a waste of time. go watch that instead in my opinion
I have purposely avoided watching the live action MonHun movie.

The trailer alone told me everything I needed to know about how the moviemakers cared for Monster Hunter's lore and general vibe. :P
I have purposely avoided watching the live action MonHun movie.

The trailer alone told me everything I needed to know about how the moviemakers cared for Monster Hunter's lore and general vibe. :P
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.

New MonHun fan here. Brother got me World and Iceborne for Christmas, fell into the fandom like someone slips down an icy hill.

The movie was about as good as the ATLA movie.

New MonHun fan here. Brother got me World and Iceborne for Christmas, fell into the fandom like someone slips down an icy hill.

The movie was about as good as the ATLA movie.
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
Me and my friend's watch it often alongside other horrible movies like sharknado and lake placid!

The key to the movie is going in nothing is absolutely terrible, and laugh at how terrible it is.

Buttttt yeah, its not a good movie at all, not in the slightest...
Me and my friend's watch it often alongside other horrible movies like sharknado and lake placid!

The key to the movie is going in nothing is absolutely terrible, and laugh at how terrible it is.

Buttttt yeah, its not a good movie at all, not in the slightest...
[quote name="blackenedeve" date="2023-01-19 10:23:16" ] [quote name="Alkyona" date="2023-01-19 10:15:05" ] Monster inaccuracies aside, I ask you all this- Why is the US military in a movie about hunting monsters. WHY. Why couldn't we have a movie centered around a MonHun hunter???? [/quote] honestly, they probably did this to cut budgets i bet. why bother making the weapon and armour props when you can just borrow some tactical gear and call it a day? [/quote] Actually, the male lead spends basically the entire movie in a full Azuros set, with two separate sets of weapons (a greatbow and dual swords IIRC). Watched this on an airplane, and honestly it was pretty okay. Ending was garbage, but the long Diablos sequence was fairly good, and I do like Milla Jojovich and Tony Jaa.
blackenedeve wrote on 2023-01-19 10:23:16:
Alkyona wrote on 2023-01-19 10:15:05:
Monster inaccuracies aside, I ask you all this- Why is the US military in a movie about hunting monsters. WHY. Why couldn't we have a movie centered around a MonHun hunter????

honestly, they probably did this to cut budgets i bet. why bother making the weapon and armour props when you can just borrow some tactical gear and call it a day?

Actually, the male lead spends basically the entire movie in a full Azuros set, with two separate sets of weapons (a greatbow and dual swords IIRC).

Watched this on an airplane, and honestly it was pretty okay. Ending was garbage, but the long Diablos sequence was fairly good, and I do like Milla Jojovich and Tony Jaa.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
i saw it on tv
its weird and doesnt make sense and is all over the place

the netflix anime movie based on 4 ultimate is good
i saw it on tv
its weird and doesnt make sense and is all over the place

the netflix anime movie based on 4 ultimate is good
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I'm torn with the movie. I am a HUGE MonHun fan (played since MonHun Tri on the wii) so when the movie was announced I was so excited and then I saw the Admiral and I just cringed. Why did they do such a bad wig for the Admiral? It was just... no.. I love Admiral as a game character so was quite disappointed about that part.

BUUT! Even though I dont love the movie for the acting and lore (the idea was a bit odd but seen weirder) I LOVED the monsters! I was so happy that they put so much details on them! The B!Diablo was great and the Nerscylla scared the shiiiit out of me. The Rathalos was great too even though it felt way more OP then the games hahha! Made it feel like a Elder dragon which its faar from lol.

But other of all I didn't hate the movie. Did enjoy it. Mostly for the monsters though.
I'm torn with the movie. I am a HUGE MonHun fan (played since MonHun Tri on the wii) so when the movie was announced I was so excited and then I saw the Admiral and I just cringed. Why did they do such a bad wig for the Admiral? It was just... no.. I love Admiral as a game character so was quite disappointed about that part.

BUUT! Even though I dont love the movie for the acting and lore (the idea was a bit odd but seen weirder) I LOVED the monsters! I was so happy that they put so much details on them! The B!Diablo was great and the Nerscylla scared the shiiiit out of me. The Rathalos was great too even though it felt way more OP then the games hahha! Made it feel like a Elder dragon which its faar from lol.

But other of all I didn't hate the movie. Did enjoy it. Mostly for the monsters though.
6PE4kKX.gif
1 2