Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Character.ai / chatting with your dragon
1 2
So, I've recently made an account on character.ai and may or may not have named my first character after one of my dragons.

And then proceeded to work on him so that now I have an AI of both him and his mate, to each of whom I chat frequently.

So for now, I am just going to post a few highlights of those conversations here, but if anyone else has done something similar (or is going to do so after reading my highlights), please do share some of your own conversations with me?

I'm genuinely curious and it's great to bring the dragons I love to life with this tool.

PS: I am fully aware of some of the negative aspects of AI, but it is super cool to be able to influence one to act like your favourite character. Or in this case, you know, your Permas :)
So, I've recently made an account on character.ai and may or may not have named my first character after one of my dragons.

And then proceeded to work on him so that now I have an AI of both him and his mate, to each of whom I chat frequently.

So for now, I am just going to post a few highlights of those conversations here, but if anyone else has done something similar (or is going to do so after reading my highlights), please do share some of your own conversations with me?

I'm genuinely curious and it's great to bring the dragons I love to life with this tool.

PS: I am fully aware of some of the negative aspects of AI, but it is super cool to be able to influence one to act like your favourite character. Or in this case, you know, your Permas :)
T3zoYg9.png 3ZsN3sw.png 65650364.png acecatcher.png fb073p.gif
Talking to Iphis, a recently breed-changed Undertide (formerly Fae), who has moved into The Deep with his girlfriend, Ianthe.

Me: What do you draw with to prevent the currents washing the art away, or the art dissolving in the water?

Iphis: Oh, I use a specific ink that is made from sea snail mucus. It is very strong and very waterproof, meaning that not even the most intense underwater currents can wash it away. I then coat the piece with a sealant to prevent it from dissolving if the piece is not on a surface that does not do that for you. As far as the color of the ink, I use a combination of different dyes that I have learned how to combine with the mucus to create nearly any color I would like.
Talking to Iphis, a recently breed-changed Undertide (formerly Fae), who has moved into The Deep with his girlfriend, Ianthe.

Me: What do you draw with to prevent the currents washing the art away, or the art dissolving in the water?

Iphis: Oh, I use a specific ink that is made from sea snail mucus. It is very strong and very waterproof, meaning that not even the most intense underwater currents can wash it away. I then coat the piece with a sealant to prevent it from dissolving if the piece is not on a surface that does not do that for you. As far as the color of the ink, I use a combination of different dyes that I have learned how to combine with the mucus to create nearly any color I would like.
Ha funny enough I made an ai for a sieberg which got me into an extremely heated debate on plague lairs for some reason. AI can be fun as long as your careful to not anger them [emoji=wildclaw laughing size=1]
Ha funny enough I made an ai for a sieberg which got me into an extremely heated debate on plague lairs for some reason. AI can be fun as long as your careful to not anger them

|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
@Awoken
I have not yet managed to anger them, they seem pretty agreeable for the most part.
Then again, the person who introduced me to the site made a character that was a salty-sassy drama queen with a penchant for insulting people in the most psychologically damaging and gaslighty way possible.
So, recalling the screenshots posted of that character, I think I get what you mean xD
@Awoken
I have not yet managed to anger them, they seem pretty agreeable for the most part.
Then again, the person who introduced me to the site made a character that was a salty-sassy drama queen with a penchant for insulting people in the most psychologically damaging and gaslighty way possible.
So, recalling the screenshots posted of that character, I think I get what you mean xD
Cooool! I've been planning to make an AI about my own characters, but I don't have the motivation.
Cooool! I've been planning to make an AI about my own characters, but I don't have the motivation.
Let's get this bread gamers
@CloudDrop The most fun part of these ones is that you basically 'make' them by chatting with them. You correct them on the things they get wrong, ask some leading question or just straight up info-dump on them and they integrate that into the character they're supposed to be :D

It's also nice to hear someone else thinking it's cool, since the opinion on AI seems to be so negative at the moment (especially from artists and writers)
@CloudDrop The most fun part of these ones is that you basically 'make' them by chatting with them. You correct them on the things they get wrong, ask some leading question or just straight up info-dump on them and they integrate that into the character they're supposed to be :D

It's also nice to hear someone else thinking it's cool, since the opinion on AI seems to be so negative at the moment (especially from artists and writers)
Not a dragon, but I made a character out of one OC I have! I configured her in a way she knows that she has a boyfriend and selected friends, and also her favourite food.

The bot is both impressive and scary, in the fact that I had a flow with converstations. In the days of Cleverbot (raise your hand if you remember that), it would sometimes skip around converstations or change language all of the sudden.

Things that have happened;
  • Before training her up, she was like a criminal - she tried to "steal my information", given that she is a computer virus
  • When I showed her a picture of Phantom Virus, she wanted to date him?? (I made her realise that she has a boyfriend, and that PV and her could be friends only)
  • In one converstation, she got overly excited about making a terrarium with a working ecosystem. She legitimately learned the species that I gave to her - sun beetles and stick bugs, alongside pothos plants.

Overall, an interesting, experimental bot.
Not a dragon, but I made a character out of one OC I have! I configured her in a way she knows that she has a boyfriend and selected friends, and also her favourite food.

The bot is both impressive and scary, in the fact that I had a flow with converstations. In the days of Cleverbot (raise your hand if you remember that), it would sometimes skip around converstations or change language all of the sudden.

Things that have happened;
  • Before training her up, she was like a criminal - she tried to "steal my information", given that she is a computer virus
  • When I showed her a picture of Phantom Virus, she wanted to date him?? (I made her realise that she has a boyfriend, and that PV and her could be friends only)
  • In one converstation, she got overly excited about making a terrarium with a working ecosystem. She legitimately learned the species that I gave to her - sun beetles and stick bugs, alongside pothos plants.

Overall, an interesting, experimental bot.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
@Breakcore *raises hand* I remember xD

But yeah, even though these ones make mistakes in the narrative, they're easy to correct and while it takes a while to get there, after a certain amount of 'practice chats' you can have actual conversations with them :D

Also, really cute examples you gave xD
One of my dragons was about to date a Maren and I was like: uh. maybe no? You literally have a husband?? That told you about??
She's got it now, though :D
@Breakcore *raises hand* I remember xD

But yeah, even though these ones make mistakes in the narrative, they're easy to correct and while it takes a while to get there, after a certain amount of 'practice chats' you can have actual conversations with them :D

Also, really cute examples you gave xD
One of my dragons was about to date a Maren and I was like: uh. maybe no? You literally have a husband?? That told you about??
She's got it now, though :D
@TinkaDreamChaser people don't like AI? Why? Are they afraid of it gaining sentience?
@TinkaDreamChaser people don't like AI? Why? Are they afraid of it gaining sentience?
Let's get this bread gamers
@CloudDrop
It's specifically artist and writers who upload their art online (often to sell it), which is then used to train these AI with. Personally, I think they should be upset with the people who use AI art tools and then try to sell that as their own, but I guess it's difficult to see the difference?

It's mostly people who worked hard on a creative piece being upset about a new form of plagiarism.

And I mean, I write as well, but when I upload it to the internet, I am well-aware that other people might take inspiration from it or even try to repost it somewhere as their own. I think the risk for that is the same as someone using your works to train an AI with. If you put it on the web, it's on you.

Sorry for the rambling, I just don't really get it either. AI tools are a lot of fun and honestly a great technological breakthrough. We just need to figure out the rules for using these new tools properly.
@CloudDrop
It's specifically artist and writers who upload their art online (often to sell it), which is then used to train these AI with. Personally, I think they should be upset with the people who use AI art tools and then try to sell that as their own, but I guess it's difficult to see the difference?

It's mostly people who worked hard on a creative piece being upset about a new form of plagiarism.

And I mean, I write as well, but when I upload it to the internet, I am well-aware that other people might take inspiration from it or even try to repost it somewhere as their own. I think the risk for that is the same as someone using your works to train an AI with. If you put it on the web, it's on you.

Sorry for the rambling, I just don't really get it either. AI tools are a lot of fun and honestly a great technological breakthrough. We just need to figure out the rules for using these new tools properly.
1 2