Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | dang the economy sure does suck
1 2 3 4
Heheheh.
I'm a teacher and my husband works for the book of face.
We hab no monies.
All the monies go to car, rent, bills, and foods.
Our rent went up a lil over $300 so now we gotta move.
It sucks going from being able to afford a 2b2b, getting a raise this year, yet still with this housing market changing we can now only afford a small 1b1b.
Heheheh.
I'm a teacher and my husband works for the book of face.
We hab no monies.
All the monies go to car, rent, bills, and foods.
Our rent went up a lil over $300 so now we gotta move.
It sucks going from being able to afford a 2b2b, getting a raise this year, yet still with this housing market changing we can now only afford a small 1b1b.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
I've been mostly sating my appetite on rice. Not very nutritious but it's filling.

I've even been fasting and brushing/flossing my teeth very well in order to deter the urge to eat food that doesn't exist.

It's one thing not being able to afford a home... but if people can't afford food? Then you know it's bad. It's real bad.
I've been mostly sating my appetite on rice. Not very nutritious but it's filling.

I've even been fasting and brushing/flossing my teeth very well in order to deter the urge to eat food that doesn't exist.

It's one thing not being able to afford a home... but if people can't afford food? Then you know it's bad. It's real bad.
*Laughs in Iranian*
*Laughs in Iranian*
[quote name="@Ossium" date="2022-12-01 18:38:32" ] I've been mostly sating my appetite on rice. Not very nutritious but it's filling. I've even been fasting and brushing/flossing my teeth very well in order to deter the urge to eat food that doesn't exist. It's one thing not being able to afford a home... but if people can't afford food? Then you know it's bad. It's real bad. [/quote] Please be careful. My dad got scurvy doing that. Please spoil yourself with a vegetable once in a while. Maybe get some tinned sardines once in a while - they're $1-2, and they can take you through one or two meals (1 on their own, 2 mixed with something else), and they are high protein. (Also, making congee (rice porridge) can make rice stretch a little further - not sure if that will give room in your budget for a little more food.)
@Ossium wrote on 2022-12-01 18:38:32:

Please be careful. My dad got scurvy doing that. Please spoil yourself with a vegetable once in a while. Maybe get some tinned sardines once in a while - they're $1-2, and they can take you through one or two meals (1 on their own, 2 mixed with something else), and they are high protein.

(Also, making congee (rice porridge) can make rice stretch a little further - not sure if that will give room in your budget for a little more food.)
LxbWmll.png
1 2 3 4