Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Obscure games & lost media share
1 2 3
[quote name="MMRooster" date="2022-09-19 19:18:44" ] My lost media is very similar to this but I don't think it's the same as what you're talking about. I played MyDinos a long time ago but [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4su1sAqz9j8]this youtube video[/url] and this picture are all that are left [img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EHDi1v4z9eQ/Sy4Y5B-2jII/AAAAAAAAAwI/k6aaE1c60oo/s400/mydinos.png[/img] [/quote] No, I don't think that's what I was looking for. I watched some footage of it, and it was pretty close to what I was thinking of, just not exactly.
MMRooster wrote on 2022-09-19 19:18:44:
My lost media is very similar to this but I don't think it's the same as what you're talking about.

I played MyDinos a long time ago but this youtube video and this picture are all that are left

mydinos.png

No, I don't think that's what I was looking for. I watched some footage of it, and it was pretty close to what I was thinking of, just not exactly.
40d328c43be268b5d074dbc874b8ba24.jpg
Ooh, some of these flash games I'm seeing here sound like they would've been right up my alley as a kid! I was really into that kind of stuff, but I honestly think the most obscure games I remember playing was either Zookazoo or the McDonalds MMO. Only because nobody at school played those, though.

As for lost media, though, I do happen to have a lost episode of Dumbo's Circus on tape that I haven't gotten around to uploading yet! The show itself was live action and had performers wearing full-body costumes with animatronic faces, I understand a lot of people found the characters creepy. The show itself also never got any home releases and stopped airing reruns around the mid 90's, so I was incredibly lucky that my aunt decided to record it all those years ago!

EDIT: I just remembered a game I haven't seen in probably over a decade! I can't remember the name of it, but it was a puzzle game where you filled up a giant, predetermined shape with a bunch of smaller ones, like tangrams. You would get these smaller shapes on a conveyor belt at the bottom of the screen, and if you didn't pick them up fast enough, they would pile up until you ran out of space. The background of the game board was blue and marbled in texture, while the space you had to fill was black and bordered. The smaller shapes could be a variety of colors, but they were a bit more natural and looked more like polished gemstones. The UI was nonexistant unless you paused the game. I believe you had to download this game, I remember it being fullscreened whenever my mom opened it up. It could possibly be related to WildTangent (online arcade), though I remember this being on our family laptop long before WildTangent was even a thought in my mind.
Ooh, some of these flash games I'm seeing here sound like they would've been right up my alley as a kid! I was really into that kind of stuff, but I honestly think the most obscure games I remember playing was either Zookazoo or the McDonalds MMO. Only because nobody at school played those, though.

As for lost media, though, I do happen to have a lost episode of Dumbo's Circus on tape that I haven't gotten around to uploading yet! The show itself was live action and had performers wearing full-body costumes with animatronic faces, I understand a lot of people found the characters creepy. The show itself also never got any home releases and stopped airing reruns around the mid 90's, so I was incredibly lucky that my aunt decided to record it all those years ago!

EDIT: I just remembered a game I haven't seen in probably over a decade! I can't remember the name of it, but it was a puzzle game where you filled up a giant, predetermined shape with a bunch of smaller ones, like tangrams. You would get these smaller shapes on a conveyor belt at the bottom of the screen, and if you didn't pick them up fast enough, they would pile up until you ran out of space. The background of the game board was blue and marbled in texture, while the space you had to fill was black and bordered. The smaller shapes could be a variety of colors, but they were a bit more natural and looked more like polished gemstones. The UI was nonexistant unless you paused the game. I believe you had to download this game, I remember it being fullscreened whenever my mom opened it up. It could possibly be related to WildTangent (online arcade), though I remember this being on our family laptop long before WildTangent was even a thought in my mind.
1df6caf9d0ccc2c0277e587847d3817da68fc3db.png
Anyone here remember EcoLoko? It was like Fantage, but the game's main theme was to save the environment and clothes were really hard to obtain. I never figured out how the farming and quest systems worked, so I mainly spent most of my time playing games.
Anyone here remember EcoLoko? It was like Fantage, but the game's main theme was to save the environment and clothes were really hard to obtain. I never figured out how the farming and quest systems worked, so I mainly spent most of my time playing games.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
my own lost media is not lost at all but it always puzzles me so much how very little people seem to remember it when it was a huge hit in my country back then. it's a browser mmo called pixcodelics, which also had a whole tv show to go with it. what mad eit special was that you had complete free reign to draw your own avatar, but only using letters, numbers and symbols. the character-only visuals were so weird but ended up pretty unique. it had some social media functions when that was barely a thing too. it was massive and awesome and very few people remember ever touching it oof

also! another thing that actually seems lost I liked as a kid online was some sort of astronaut/space themed blogging platform for children. your blog was your planet and your astronaut could visit other players to make alien contact with them (aka, reply to their blog posts). you could decorate your ship using currency you got from minigames and farm non livable planets for resources (dont remember what they did tho). this one I can't find a single trace of, and I dont think it lived longer than a few years mid 2000s, but I wish I could see it again bc it was a very cute idea
my own lost media is not lost at all but it always puzzles me so much how very little people seem to remember it when it was a huge hit in my country back then. it's a browser mmo called pixcodelics, which also had a whole tv show to go with it. what mad eit special was that you had complete free reign to draw your own avatar, but only using letters, numbers and symbols. the character-only visuals were so weird but ended up pretty unique. it had some social media functions when that was barely a thing too. it was massive and awesome and very few people remember ever touching it oof

also! another thing that actually seems lost I liked as a kid online was some sort of astronaut/space themed blogging platform for children. your blog was your planet and your astronaut could visit other players to make alien contact with them (aka, reply to their blog posts). you could decorate your ship using currency you got from minigames and farm non livable planets for resources (dont remember what they did tho). this one I can't find a single trace of, and I dont think it lived longer than a few years mid 2000s, but I wish I could see it again bc it was a very cute idea
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
Not super obscure, but since you can’t download them anymore and support for them ended, I’d count them as lost media. For FFXV, they actually made the game King’s Knight that the boys play at campsites into an actual app… which is of course gone now.

There was also Episode Duscae, which was really just an early demo more than anything, but despite having a LOT of gameplay differences with the final game it had its own story, cutscenes, etc. I was lucky enough to find people selling the download codes online, which—despite having expired years ago—still worked and I could play it. I’ve never understood why companies insist on making things outright unavailable… I mean, I’d have downloaded it as a cheap dlc for funsies if they’d let me. eBay it was!

You can probably still find codes online for it, but as far as I know they’re unique and once they’re gone, they’re gone. So unless anyone’s figured out how to copy it on PCs/make it available that way, it’ll be gone soon enough
Not super obscure, but since you can’t download them anymore and support for them ended, I’d count them as lost media. For FFXV, they actually made the game King’s Knight that the boys play at campsites into an actual app… which is of course gone now.

There was also Episode Duscae, which was really just an early demo more than anything, but despite having a LOT of gameplay differences with the final game it had its own story, cutscenes, etc. I was lucky enough to find people selling the download codes online, which—despite having expired years ago—still worked and I could play it. I’ve never understood why companies insist on making things outright unavailable… I mean, I’d have downloaded it as a cheap dlc for funsies if they’d let me. eBay it was!

You can probably still find codes online for it, but as far as I know they’re unique and once they’re gone, they’re gone. So unless anyone’s figured out how to copy it on PCs/make it available that way, it’ll be gone soon enough
unknown.png
thought might as well throw this here

some years ago i wanna say in the 2015-16 range there was this mobile pet game i used to play where you raised this like...gross creature and played a bunch of minigames to have it grow, then at the end you ate it, and it was rated on taste

it had a limited color palette and vaguely creepy art style and was pretty obscure but i think the dev had a tumblr, anyway i cannot remember the name and i cant look at my tumblr following cause i remade after accidentally deleting

im not even sure if its still around, but ive been curious about it for like a year now, its kind of a big inspiration for something im working on now
thought might as well throw this here

some years ago i wanna say in the 2015-16 range there was this mobile pet game i used to play where you raised this like...gross creature and played a bunch of minigames to have it grow, then at the end you ate it, and it was rated on taste

it had a limited color palette and vaguely creepy art style and was pretty obscure but i think the dev had a tumblr, anyway i cannot remember the name and i cant look at my tumblr following cause i remade after accidentally deleting

im not even sure if its still around, but ive been curious about it for like a year now, its kind of a big inspiration for something im working on now
1 2 3