Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite vampires in media?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Serana if video games count
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-08-11 12:32:06" ] blade, marvel vampire hunter (hes half vampire so it counts right lol?) only superhero i actually like [img]https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/static/uploads/2021/07/The-10-best-movies-starring-Wesley-Snipes.jpg[/img] [/quote] Blade DEFINITELY counts. He's amazing, and I loved Wesley Snipes in the role. I saw that in theaters when it first came out, and it still holds up today. As for mine, Carmilla from the Canadian webseries of the same name. I love the novella of Carmilla by J. Sheridan LeFanu, and when I found out they'd done a modern version/homage? I watched all three seasons over lockdown, and I adored it. Draculaura from Monster High. She's got the EGL aesthetic that I like, and an upbeat personality (in G1 and G2 - don't know how she'll be in G3 yet, but I've liked the clips from the live action so far). Lissa from Vampire Academy. Her whole story, and her friendship with Rose, is amazing. I prefer book-Lissa to movie-Lissa, and I'm excited for the new series to see how she's portrayed there. Francis de Valois from the Takarazuka musical Seal of Roses. He stumbles into a valley of vampires, is turned by his dying fiancee when the local priest disrupts their engagement party out of jealousy and takes a powerful artefact for himself and becomes an evil vampire, and then chases said evil vampire through time and place, trying to find the roses that make the titular seal in order to save said evil vampire from the spirits that made him evil. And did I mention Francis is an amazing dancer, impresses Louis XIV, helps smuggle Jewish citizens out of WWII Germany, and manages to get the destroyed seal named a UNESCO world heritage site? He's pretty cool - even if he get shy around girls he falls for - all who bear a more than passing resemblance to his original fiancee. Count von Krolock from the musical Tanz der Vampire (NOT the Broadway adaptation Dance of the Vampires - no). He's calm, collected, suave, pained, and while the clear antagonist of the story, sympathetic. You almost want Sarah, the local girl he convinces to run away to his castle and to the ball, not to be rescued by the protagonists. His son Herbert is a delight as well.
aludesh wrote on 2022-08-11 12:32:06:
blade, marvel vampire hunter (hes half vampire so it counts right lol?)
only superhero i actually like
The-10-best-movies-starring-Wesley-Snipes.jpg

Blade DEFINITELY counts. He's amazing, and I loved Wesley Snipes in the role. I saw that in theaters when it first came out, and it still holds up today.

As for mine, Carmilla from the Canadian webseries of the same name. I love the novella of Carmilla by J. Sheridan LeFanu, and when I found out they'd done a modern version/homage? I watched all three seasons over lockdown, and I adored it.

Draculaura from Monster High. She's got the EGL aesthetic that I like, and an upbeat personality (in G1 and G2 - don't know how she'll be in G3 yet, but I've liked the clips from the live action so far).

Lissa from Vampire Academy. Her whole story, and her friendship with Rose, is amazing. I prefer book-Lissa to movie-Lissa, and I'm excited for the new series to see how she's portrayed there.

Francis de Valois from the Takarazuka musical Seal of Roses. He stumbles into a valley of vampires, is turned by his dying fiancee when the local priest disrupts their engagement party out of jealousy and takes a powerful artefact for himself and becomes an evil vampire, and then chases said evil vampire through time and place, trying to find the roses that make the titular seal in order to save said evil vampire from the spirits that made him evil. And did I mention Francis is an amazing dancer, impresses Louis XIV, helps smuggle Jewish citizens out of WWII Germany, and manages to get the destroyed seal named a UNESCO world heritage site? He's pretty cool - even if he get shy around girls he falls for - all who bear a more than passing resemblance to his original fiancee.

Count von Krolock from the musical Tanz der Vampire (NOT the Broadway adaptation Dance of the Vampires - no). He's calm, collected, suave, pained, and while the clear antagonist of the story, sympathetic. You almost want Sarah, the local girl he convinces to run away to his castle and to the ball, not to be rescued by the protagonists. His son Herbert is a delight as well.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
[quote name="@EternalLife" date="2022-08-12 19:50:05" ] Serana if video games count [/quote] Video games do count, actually
@EternalLife wrote on 2022-08-12 19:50:05:
Video games do count, actually
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b1dce1d3f652ce38aa9c492a225bed4e/148b5611f07ba3c5-c6/s540x810/9e173b6fd41b354303ae22b3b958f47e4d230b5a.gif[/img] nadja and laszlo the beloveds (also if hte gif breaks You didnt see anythng )
9e173b6fd41b354303ae22b3b958f47e4d230b5a.gif

nadja and laszlo the beloveds (also if hte gif breaks You didnt see anythng )
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
I can't find a single good picture, but [img]https://tv-fanatic-res.cloudinary.com/iu/s--EX8QsVTp--/t_full/cs_srgb,f_auto,fl_strip_profile.lossy,q_auto:420/v1504753927/guardian-angel-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-s1e2.jpg[/img] [size=5][b]Him.[/b][/size] (Angel from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)
I can't find a single good picture, but
guardian-angel-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-s1e2.jpg
Him.

(Angel from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer)
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
I second the Scarlet sisters and the music that goes along with them. I also second Serana. Vampire-ism is a fun concept to make characters out of.
I second the Scarlet sisters and the music that goes along with them. I also second Serana. Vampire-ism is a fun concept to make characters out of.
LEpJMnn.pngiRvAqwy.png Z4EXqHV.png
I love Viago from wwdits ^^
I love Viago from wwdits ^^
They/Them
(bumping this rq)
(bumping this rq)
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
Nosferatu! I know, depending on who you ask "Nosferatu" refers to a type of vampire rather than a specific one- but I still enjoy this more ghoulish depiction. [img]https://ychef.files.bbci.co.uk/976x549/p0bsj4kt.jpg[/img]
Nosferatu! I know, depending on who you ask "Nosferatu" refers to a type of vampire rather than a specific one- but I still enjoy this more ghoulish depiction.

p0bsj4kt.jpg
MUYNhfy.png ohrx6hp.pngOxagJgG.png
betta_badge.png
I can't believe no one mentioned the absolute GOAT, [b]Dio Brando.[/b] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/728f5053ea3fa06a33b4c6f9a846393c/2ed3e391bfc39143-a3/s540x810/d4ec2eb7e58ff9c7faf4bb027412da81c7248653.gif[/img]
I can't believe no one mentioned the absolute GOAT, Dio Brando.
d4ec2eb7e58ff9c7faf4bb027412da81c7248653.gif
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6