Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what was your first hyperfixation
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
i think it was pokemon!
i think it was pokemon!
wqnTQE2.png · they/them
· intp - aquarius
· autistic
· sales tab
animals since i was old enough to think, but my first hyperfixation that has since ended that i can remember enough to classify that way is the penguins of madagascar (why.............)

edit: i forgot about httyd. and the movie gremlins, too. how could i
animals since i was old enough to think, but my first hyperfixation that has since ended that i can remember enough to classify that way is the penguins of madagascar (why.............)

edit: i forgot about httyd. and the movie gremlins, too. how could i
i like birds and the dressing room
hmu if u need a dragon dressed or a bird identified
Butterflies for me. I think I was in kindergarten? We raised caterpillars into butterflies as a project to learn about metamorphosis cycles. Sparked that obsession for the next few years, before they were replaced by owls. Thanks Kathryn Lasky!
Butterflies for me. I think I was in kindergarten? We raised caterpillars into butterflies as a project to learn about metamorphosis cycles. Sparked that obsession for the next few years, before they were replaced by owls. Thanks Kathryn Lasky!
bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png Mikah or SentientPumpkins
MUYNhfy.png
JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Lantern-2.png bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png
tChn3sz.png
I work full time and I'm a full time student, responses may be slow
Dinosaurs and Horses are definitely my major ones growing up. I still avidly enjoy dinosaurs, one of my tiny side hobbies. But fell down the rabbit hole that is horses, it has quite literally taken over my life [emoji=mirror tongue size=1]
Dinosaurs and Horses are definitely my major ones growing up. I still avidly enjoy dinosaurs, one of my tiny side hobbies. But fell down the rabbit hole that is horses, it has quite literally taken over my life
dustbunni
livin' it up under the couch...

She/Her - FR+3
eGiN2Xv.pngmxk5Q9c.pngnWiQNX9.png
I eventually got to dinosaurs, but my first love was sharks. I memorized every species I could. I wanted to swim with them. I printed out every single shark photo that was on our Grolier's Encyclopedia CD-ROM in black and white (We didn't have a color printer yet) and tacked it to my wall. There was also an Underwater Adventure edutainment CD ROM (my parents didn't like us playing things that weren't educational) and it contained a video of some kind of ground shark just swimming along the ocean floor alongside this sort of chill music, and it was my favorite part of the CD ROM and the most wonderful thing I'd ever seen. I've never stopped being immensely fond of sharks and currently have a collection of plastic figurines of ground sharks specifically. I also have a life-size plush of a zebra shark.

Unfortunately, unrelated to my love of sharks, I developed an intense fear of the ocean, namely Vast open spaces of water. It's apparently incredibly intimidating to something in my tiny mammal brain. Since I can't even handle the deep end of pools without feeling crawly, me and the ocean do not hang out... but I do make a point to visit every single aquarium I can.

Edit: To correct taxonomy to ground shark, because basically I mean "those guys with the flat bottoms and the markings that look like Bar"
I eventually got to dinosaurs, but my first love was sharks. I memorized every species I could. I wanted to swim with them. I printed out every single shark photo that was on our Grolier's Encyclopedia CD-ROM in black and white (We didn't have a color printer yet) and tacked it to my wall. There was also an Underwater Adventure edutainment CD ROM (my parents didn't like us playing things that weren't educational) and it contained a video of some kind of ground shark just swimming along the ocean floor alongside this sort of chill music, and it was my favorite part of the CD ROM and the most wonderful thing I'd ever seen. I've never stopped being immensely fond of sharks and currently have a collection of plastic figurines of ground sharks specifically. I also have a life-size plush of a zebra shark.

Unfortunately, unrelated to my love of sharks, I developed an intense fear of the ocean, namely Vast open spaces of water. It's apparently incredibly intimidating to something in my tiny mammal brain. Since I can't even handle the deep end of pools without feeling crawly, me and the ocean do not hang out... but I do make a point to visit every single aquarium I can.

Edit: To correct taxonomy to ground shark, because basically I mean "those guys with the flat bottoms and the markings that look like Bar"
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19