Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Garden Update Thread]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@wolfbug Apologies for the late reply, I've been MIA for the past month or so since life has been really busy. ^^; The hanging stick and plants look fantastic, and those curtains you linked will be such a gorgeous pop of color in the room! :) I love the little hanging gemstones and butterflies that you've put on the hanging stick as well (I'm a sucker for organic-looking furniture pieces)! I've heard that pothos are pretty easy to keep happy, has that lined up with your experience with them?

So exciting to see the baby tomatoes and squash coming along, looks like you'll have quite the harvest! ^.^ Best of luck with cleaning and moving the shed--if you're able to get it to happen, I'm sure it'd be really nice to use it for storing all of your gardening stuff.
@wolfbug Apologies for the late reply, I've been MIA for the past month or so since life has been really busy. ^^; The hanging stick and plants look fantastic, and those curtains you linked will be such a gorgeous pop of color in the room! :) I love the little hanging gemstones and butterflies that you've put on the hanging stick as well (I'm a sucker for organic-looking furniture pieces)! I've heard that pothos are pretty easy to keep happy, has that lined up with your experience with them?

So exciting to see the baby tomatoes and squash coming along, looks like you'll have quite the harvest! ^.^ Best of luck with cleaning and moving the shed--if you're able to get it to happen, I'm sure it'd be really nice to use it for storing all of your gardening stuff.
A light blue Fae dragon lying down surrounded by pink flower petals. She is wearing a pink daisy cabbie, and holds a pink rose in her mouth.
This is such a cute thread, I love seeing the plants. <3
This is such a cute thread, I love seeing the plants. <3
SohXyfC.gife1-L29.pnge2-M43.pnge3-M41.pnge4-M44.pnge5-L24.pngo030-d01-Alex-Robins.pngo030-d02-Alex-Robins.pngo030-d03-Alex-Robins.pngo030-d04-Alex-Robins.pngo030-d05-Alex-Robins.pngso022-d02-Alex-Robins.pngso022-d03-Alex-Robins.pngso022-d04-Alex-Robins.pngso022-d05-Alex-Robins.pngso022-d01-Alex-Robins.pngo413-d01-Alex-Robins.pngo413-d02-Alex-Robins.pngo413-d05-Alex-Robins.pngo413-d03-Alex-Robins.pngo413-d04-Alex-Robins.png
Oh this is so cool!! I really miss gardening- I grew potatoes all through high school, and since im in NZ we had new potatoes to eat at christmas, which was always nice. But I'm renting now, and planning on growing stuff in moveable tubs once I get less busy. The bean trellis is super impressive! Do you have any fall planting plans? (never too early to plan ahead, after all)
Oh this is so cool!! I really miss gardening- I grew potatoes all through high school, and since im in NZ we had new potatoes to eat at christmas, which was always nice. But I'm renting now, and planning on growing stuff in moveable tubs once I get less busy. The bean trellis is super impressive! Do you have any fall planting plans? (never too early to plan ahead, after all)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/OCvi3mQ.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LjGtB6H.jpg[/img] [b]Tromboccino Squash:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jY8Dfsl.jpg[/img] My favorite of all of the squashes that I grew this year! While they all were very successful, none grew such massive leaves and trailed so far as this Italian heirloom. [b]Hybrid Butter Squash: [/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DFcujMi.jpg[/img] Every few days there's enough to pick a few large and small tomatoes, a pepper, and a zuchinni or squash or two. But this middle squash is incredibly special--it's a hybrid between the tromboncino zucchini and the yellow squash. When I cut into it, it had it's seeds stored in the belly like the zuchinni, and was a mixture of the two flavors. It took on the buttery taste of the tromboncino while still being a yellow squash. I saved all of the seeds from it that I was able to. [b]Giant Tomato:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/5NlxTPP.jpg[/img] The largest tomato I've ever seen in my life was grown right here in my garden. What, it's cracked?!? Well, I guess that can't really be helped much! ------------------ Pinglist: @Oranitha @whenthesundies @kryptidkoffee @christiancutie @mix @hippogaia @memoirs
OCvi3mQ.jpg
LjGtB6H.jpg

Tromboccino Squash:
jY8Dfsl.jpg
My favorite of all of the squashes that I grew this year! While they all were very successful, none grew such massive leaves and trailed so far as this Italian heirloom.

Hybrid Butter Squash:
DFcujMi.jpg
Every few days there's enough to pick a few large and small tomatoes, a pepper, and a zuchinni or squash or two. But this middle squash is incredibly special--it's a hybrid between the tromboncino zucchini and the yellow squash. When I cut into it, it had it's seeds stored in the belly like the zuchinni, and was a mixture of the two flavors. It took on the buttery taste of the tromboncino while still being a yellow squash. I saved all of the seeds from it that I was able to.

Giant Tomato:
5NlxTPP.jpg
The largest tomato I've ever seen in my life was grown right here in my garden. What, it's cracked?!? Well, I guess that can't really be helped much!

Pinglist: @Oranitha @whenthesundies @kryptidkoffee @christiancutie @mix @hippogaia @memoirs
28771.png eswSnrS.png
27AZD8S.png
oaolHwW.png
BPzUHdW.png
that is a huge tomato!!! I was just visiting my grandparents and they have some green tomatoes on their plants, and some of them are really big too. Sad they weren’t ripe in time for our visit. Homegrown tomatoes are really the best tomatoes
that is a huge tomato!!! I was just visiting my grandparents and they have some green tomatoes on their plants, and some of them are really big too. Sad they weren’t ripe in time for our visit. Homegrown tomatoes are really the best tomatoes
@Christiancutie

Yep! The pothos to thrive the more that I forget about them and leave them alone. x)
I love colorful and organic furniture too. Maybe it's getting off-topic for this thread, but I recently rescued a round curio cabinet out of an abandoned trailer. I'm really hoping to buy some big crystal centerpiece(s) for it. And because I'll be clearing some of my crystals, figures, shells off of my bookcase to add to it, I plan on making a list of books I loved as a kid and to buy them to fill in the empty space left behind.

If I can, I'd really love to separate half the shed into storage/gardening and the back half into a little bit of a room with a fan and place to hang out. It's so dirty inside right now though! I wanted to thank you for your continued interest in chatting with me and watching my garden grow. c:

@alexrobins

Thank you! I'm glad you like the thread :3

@amanitavirosa

I really hope that you'll be able to grow in moveable tubs! For my fall plans, I'm hoping to grow some special pumpkins. I'm mostly using seeds that were donated to me, but I'm very lucky to have gotten jarrahdale, big jack, and Atlantic giant seeds sent in. It would be really cool to me if I could produce a jarrahdale/giant hybrid, but it depends on what I can grow. I've heard a lot of people try to grow pumpkins but didn't get any female flowers to sprout at all!

I'd love to hear, too, as you start with your own garden!
@Christiancutie

Yep! The pothos to thrive the more that I forget about them and leave them alone. x)
I love colorful and organic furniture too. Maybe it's getting off-topic for this thread, but I recently rescued a round curio cabinet out of an abandoned trailer. I'm really hoping to buy some big crystal centerpiece(s) for it. And because I'll be clearing some of my crystals, figures, shells off of my bookcase to add to it, I plan on making a list of books I loved as a kid and to buy them to fill in the empty space left behind.

If I can, I'd really love to separate half the shed into storage/gardening and the back half into a little bit of a room with a fan and place to hang out. It's so dirty inside right now though! I wanted to thank you for your continued interest in chatting with me and watching my garden grow. c:

@alexrobins

Thank you! I'm glad you like the thread :3

@amanitavirosa

I really hope that you'll be able to grow in moveable tubs! For my fall plans, I'm hoping to grow some special pumpkins. I'm mostly using seeds that were donated to me, but I'm very lucky to have gotten jarrahdale, big jack, and Atlantic giant seeds sent in. It would be really cool to me if I could produce a jarrahdale/giant hybrid, but it depends on what I can grow. I've heard a lot of people try to grow pumpkins but didn't get any female flowers to sprout at all!

I'd love to hear, too, as you start with your own garden!
28771.png eswSnrS.png
27AZD8S.png
oaolHwW.png
BPzUHdW.png
Beautiful!! Makes me so happy to see, the weather was too crazy here for me to garden this year!
Beautiful!! Makes me so happy to see, the weather was too crazy here for me to garden this year!
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
Wow this was so lovely to read a bit through!!

Your progress is magical. I didn't grow up doing plant care of any sort, but I've been slowly improving over the last 4ish years--started with different small cacti and succulents. Now I have a little over 20 houseplants that I tend to! I moved back in with my parents recently and have been helping with the house garden more; we're growing tomatoes and basil and different lettuces and kale. Also many strawberries!

You really sound like you know what you're doing though! We're just trying random things. ^^; How much preparation and research did you do before getting this all planned out? I have been hearing more and more about the three sisters concept, but I haven't made a solid effort to get a proper planting season for the year yet. Some day! It has been inspiring to see your efforts. :D

I'd love to be added to the pinglist, too, tbh. C:
Wow this was so lovely to read a bit through!!

Your progress is magical. I didn't grow up doing plant care of any sort, but I've been slowly improving over the last 4ish years--started with different small cacti and succulents. Now I have a little over 20 houseplants that I tend to! I moved back in with my parents recently and have been helping with the house garden more; we're growing tomatoes and basil and different lettuces and kale. Also many strawberries!

You really sound like you know what you're doing though! We're just trying random things. ^^; How much preparation and research did you do before getting this all planned out? I have been hearing more and more about the three sisters concept, but I haven't made a solid effort to get a proper planting season for the year yet. Some day! It has been inspiring to see your efforts. :D

I'd love to be added to the pinglist, too, tbh. C:
eP65k0J.png
1 2 3 4 5 6