Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Childhood obsessions
1 2 3 4 5
@Northriel Pens really can be a lot of fun. I used to obsess about pens and just wrote a bunch of random stuff all the time, just to have a reason to be using them. Nowadays I mostly use my pens to draw with. I recently discovered that I really love drawing with just regular ballpoint pens, so I am kind of on the mission of trying to find the perfect one now.

What kind of art are you into? And yes, art IS fun, you should start again!
@Northriel Pens really can be a lot of fun. I used to obsess about pens and just wrote a bunch of random stuff all the time, just to have a reason to be using them. Nowadays I mostly use my pens to draw with. I recently discovered that I really love drawing with just regular ballpoint pens, so I am kind of on the mission of trying to find the perfect one now.

What kind of art are you into? And yes, art IS fun, you should start again!
cat hair everywhere
GAH i was super into wings of fire too X,D that and warriors... (YES i was one of the kids that would roleplay warrior cats on the playground at school). i was also super into percy jackson and was so distraught about the movies when they came out LOL ive gotta start reading books again....if we go back even further i wanted to be a paleontologist SOO bad...... im not that into paleontology specifically anymore, but rather zoology :-) i was lucky we lived near so many museums when i was little, i visited a few of them again recently and it was spectacular!!
GAH i was super into wings of fire too X,D that and warriors... (YES i was one of the kids that would roleplay warrior cats on the playground at school). i was also super into percy jackson and was so distraught about the movies when they came out LOL ive gotta start reading books again....if we go back even further i wanted to be a paleontologist SOO bad...... im not that into paleontology specifically anymore, but rather zoology :-) i was lucky we lived near so many museums when i was little, i visited a few of them again recently and it was spectacular!!
x

Redworm

x

x ♥ MIDGE!
it/he/they
> wishlist
> avatar
> FRT+0!
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnature.gif
While in the toy section of the store one day, I saw these battery-operated toys and decided to get one. Apparently, it was merchandise from a virtual pet site, which led to me creating an account, and then spending my childhood obsessed with Neopets. All because of this little guy. [img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2_PXyut8NRM/XtS50PVFjPI/AAAAAAAACzU/bsCF7Oa-AR4bxBf2GXONGxo8eJD9uROtwCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/Thinkway%2BToys-%2BInteractive%2BRed%2BScorchio.jpeg[/img]
While in the toy section of the store one day, I saw these battery-operated toys and decided to get one. Apparently, it was merchandise from a virtual pet site, which led to me creating an account, and then spending my childhood obsessed with Neopets. All because of this little guy.

Thinkway%2BToys-%2BInteractive%2BRed%2BScorchio.jpeg
Was obsessed with frogs as a kid, especially red eyed tree frogs and most of poison darts like the bumblebee, green and black and any frog that had orange on them. Still really like frogs to this day.

Was also obsessed with crafting especially with clays like sculpty. Would sit for hours sculpting dragons and making stories to go with them.
Was obsessed with frogs as a kid, especially red eyed tree frogs and most of poison darts like the bumblebee, green and black and any frog that had orange on them. Still really like frogs to this day.

Was also obsessed with crafting especially with clays like sculpty. Would sit for hours sculpting dragons and making stories to go with them.
fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
I’m pretty sure most people on this site were Wings of Fire fans at at least some point.

Aside from Wings of Fire, games like Animal Jam and Skylanders were big in my childhood.
I’m pretty sure most people on this site were Wings of Fire fans at at least some point.

Aside from Wings of Fire, games like Animal Jam and Skylanders were big in my childhood.
@Schnoerkel Yess! I'm working on it day by day.

I was really inspired by bullet journals, but they were just so specific and they didn't work for me. I still liked the idea of keeping up with day to day so I just do journal spreads for whatever days land on that page and then draw animals or plants to keep a theme. Aesthetic of a bullet journal and none of the pressure :)

I also love sketching in purple or blue ballpoint pen. its so simple. I want to get more comfortable with it and do sketches in my books to go with annotations.

@Meowmocha I had the same experience with Neopets! I saw one of the tiny plushies in a thrift store as a kid and was obsessed.
@Schnoerkel Yess! I'm working on it day by day.

I was really inspired by bullet journals, but they were just so specific and they didn't work for me. I still liked the idea of keeping up with day to day so I just do journal spreads for whatever days land on that page and then draw animals or plants to keep a theme. Aesthetic of a bullet journal and none of the pressure :)

I also love sketching in purple or blue ballpoint pen. its so simple. I want to get more comfortable with it and do sketches in my books to go with annotations.

@Meowmocha I had the same experience with Neopets! I saw one of the tiny plushies in a thrift store as a kid and was obsessed.
cryptids, i was in to them before they became cool lol , i used to watch all those probably fake cryptid shows they had on the history channel, was also super into aliens and the paranormal, i was an odd kid
cryptids, i was in to them before they became cool lol , i used to watch all those probably fake cryptid shows they had on the history channel, was also super into aliens and the paranormal, i was an odd kid
Writing, probably. I've been obsessed with the concept of creating something (be that with a musical instrument like the piano, which I've been playing for four years, etc.) or otherwise.

Started writing back in 2011, and I still write a lot today. Got two 1+ year long roleplays I have going, right now, and eventually both are going to be published as book series. :)
Writing, probably. I've been obsessed with the concept of creating something (be that with a musical instrument like the piano, which I've been playing for four years, etc.) or otherwise.

Started writing back in 2011, and I still write a lot today. Got two 1+ year long roleplays I have going, right now, and eventually both are going to be published as book series. :)
He/Him
Trans/Pansexual
Work full-time, not on until evenings!
A lot of things, but the biggest one I can remember is Dragonball Z. Gosh, I loved that show when I was a kid, I thought it was the coolest thing ever and lived there in my head. I don't like it nearly as much now, though.
A lot of things, but the biggest one I can remember is Dragonball Z. Gosh, I loved that show when I was a kid, I thought it was the coolest thing ever and lived there in my head. I don't like it nearly as much now, though.
rr8xP9d.pngipXQ8Fw.pngo7CqYdD.pngJvUa9ma.png100 Hatchling Challengef7BvL8L.jpg
When I was a kid I was obsessed with dragons. I also really liked bionicles despite the fact that I couldn't build anything to save my life.
When I was a kid I was obsessed with dragons. I also really liked bionicles despite the fact that I couldn't build anything to save my life.
1 2 3 4 5