Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Movies you hate but everyone else loves?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
Just- the whole superhero genre, specifically Marvel. I just CANNOT get into it, but I very very much enjoyed 'Spiderverse' but that legit the only one I enjoy so far.
Just- the whole superhero genre, specifically Marvel. I just CANNOT get into it, but I very very much enjoyed 'Spiderverse' but that legit the only one I enjoy so far.
........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
Literally the entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe besides Black Panther and a few others. I feel like the missed the point of Spiderman by a mile (ya know, him being just a guy and not some rich kid) and I can't stand Tony Stark in general. Also ya know, the glaring issues usually in Disney movies like homophobia, transphobia, ableism, racism, etc. and actors who exhibit all of those things and more.

Also why would you pick marvel's Spiderman when Spiderverse is right there and innately more beautiful?
Literally the entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe besides Black Panther and a few others. I feel like the missed the point of Spiderman by a mile (ya know, him being just a guy and not some rich kid) and I can't stand Tony Stark in general. Also ya know, the glaring issues usually in Disney movies like homophobia, transphobia, ableism, racism, etc. and actors who exhibit all of those things and more.

Also why would you pick marvel's Spiderman when Spiderverse is right there and innately more beautiful?
+3 Hours
He/Him/They/Them/It/Its
Always tired, so I apologize if I take forever to respond
I never want to hear about another star war again
I never want to hear about another star war again
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
People say the movie Prestige is great, but I saw it and I ended the film feeling very annoyed. Sure you can say because of XYZ it's good writing, but that doesn't mean it wasn't annoying/unsatisfying to watch.
People say the movie Prestige is great, but I saw it and I ended the film feeling very annoyed. Sure you can say because of XYZ it's good writing, but that doesn't mean it wasn't annoying/unsatisfying to watch.
Endgame.

Hear me out. Sure, lots of people have said that they don't like or don't care for the Marvel movies, and that's fine and all. But I do. I love them-- or at least I used to. Endgame kinda killed that love on account of how EFFING AWFUL it was. I could rant (and have, in meatspace to my friends) about the various things in this movie that just utterly piss me off, but so many people in the circles I run in laud it as just being another fantastic Marvel movie, maybe even the most fantastic of all time. And I'm just like. WHAT?

Up until Endgame, I'd seen every single Marvel movie aside from the Antman ones (I have this 'thing' about ants so I literally can't watch them), Dr. Strange (only Marvel character I had a preconceived dislike for, also not a fan of Blueberry Cucumberpatch either), and Captain Marvel (lol). Now, it takes a lot of coercing to get me to view any Marvel related properties. Endgame pretty much ruined the entire franchise for me.

Sure, The Last Jedi did the same thing-- I literally have not watched any Star Wars related properties since watching that movie in theatres (no not even the one with the 'baby yoda'), and I'm one of those people who grew up loving Star Wars, I was raised on the original trilogy and even defend the prequels!-- but that's far, far from a movie that "everyone loves." Most people I've encountered feel the same as me about that film. I don't think I've encountered a person yet who actually likes it.

"Hate" is too strong a word for how I've always felt about the Harry Potter series. I've always viewed it with mild disinterest. Still hugely empathize with all the people who hate HP and have to put up with people not understanding that it's possible to dislike the series, even without the author turning out to be a [CENSORED].

Same for pretty much all popular YA series (your Hunger Gameses and your Maze Runners and the like). I'm just not a fan of YA as a genre. "Hate" is too strong, but I do dislike them. Also dislike most Disney/Pixar movies, especially but not limited to the recent ones. I think I can probably count on one hand the number of Disney/Pixar movies I actually like total, and absolutely none of them are at all recent.

Every single Disney "live action" remake (or "very realistic and lifelike CG" remake) would qualify under "hate", though. EFF THOSE MOVIES AND THE DISGUSTINGLY TRANSPARENT MONEY-GRUBBING THEY REPRESENT.

Bonus: I dislike Into the Spiderverse but don't hate it.

Edited in post to fix a censored word (that really shouldn't have been censored).
Endgame.

Hear me out. Sure, lots of people have said that they don't like or don't care for the Marvel movies, and that's fine and all. But I do. I love them-- or at least I used to. Endgame kinda killed that love on account of how EFFING AWFUL it was. I could rant (and have, in meatspace to my friends) about the various things in this movie that just utterly piss me off, but so many people in the circles I run in laud it as just being another fantastic Marvel movie, maybe even the most fantastic of all time. And I'm just like. WHAT?

Up until Endgame, I'd seen every single Marvel movie aside from the Antman ones (I have this 'thing' about ants so I literally can't watch them), Dr. Strange (only Marvel character I had a preconceived dislike for, also not a fan of Blueberry Cucumberpatch either), and Captain Marvel (lol). Now, it takes a lot of coercing to get me to view any Marvel related properties. Endgame pretty much ruined the entire franchise for me.

Sure, The Last Jedi did the same thing-- I literally have not watched any Star Wars related properties since watching that movie in theatres (no not even the one with the 'baby yoda'), and I'm one of those people who grew up loving Star Wars, I was raised on the original trilogy and even defend the prequels!-- but that's far, far from a movie that "everyone loves." Most people I've encountered feel the same as me about that film. I don't think I've encountered a person yet who actually likes it.

"Hate" is too strong a word for how I've always felt about the Harry Potter series. I've always viewed it with mild disinterest. Still hugely empathize with all the people who hate HP and have to put up with people not understanding that it's possible to dislike the series, even without the author turning out to be a [CENSORED].

Same for pretty much all popular YA series (your Hunger Gameses and your Maze Runners and the like). I'm just not a fan of YA as a genre. "Hate" is too strong, but I do dislike them. Also dislike most Disney/Pixar movies, especially but not limited to the recent ones. I think I can probably count on one hand the number of Disney/Pixar movies I actually like total, and absolutely none of them are at all recent.

Every single Disney "live action" remake (or "very realistic and lifelike CG" remake) would qualify under "hate", though. EFF THOSE MOVIES AND THE DISGUSTINGLY TRANSPARENT MONEY-GRUBBING THEY REPRESENT.

Bonus: I dislike Into the Spiderverse but don't hate it.

Edited in post to fix a censored word (that really shouldn't have been censored).
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
ok i uh. don't really watch movies? which i know sounds insane but most of my media intake is video games or youtube if that clears things up. anyway, hope a bibeo gaem is ok to bring up here cause uh... pokemon black and white. i don't get the hype. firstly, despite numerous claims about how "underrated" it is, i've seen a million complaints about genwunners and not a single actual genwunner. i've seen it praised for the whole "it's not always black and white" thing except by the end of the game it ABSOLUTELY IS and ghetsis is a way more entertaining villain than any of that "what's wrong and right" stuff could ever be.

in general, i think the whole thing of "is pokemon training ethical" is not something the games are equipped to handle, especially considering this was before stuff like amie and refresh. and again, you immediately know team plasma is a load of hypocrites because of the whole kicking-a-munna thing. hell, i don't even think it's a response to peta cause their beef with pokemon happened AFTER black and white's release. really if anything in pokemon is a response to peta it's probably aether more than anything.

speaking of aether and team plasma, n really isn't that good? like the thing about having a rival who's an adult is that you need to acknowledge that it's really odd for them to get this involved with the player. isle of armor understood this with it's rivals. black and white did not. n isn't an interesting character, he's just some dude in his early 20s dumping philosophy books on a teenager.

the reason i brought up gen 7 is because lillie is just... generally better. it's not about the "pokemon training good actually" thing, she has the same thing of standing up to her abusive parent, and the only places where n could be considered better is that 1. he actually gets to keep reshiram/zekrom, and 2. ghetsis wasn't forgiven, even though let's be real even if he wasn't an abuser ghetsis was always going to be evil because literally look at him. in general lusamine honestly feels like a much more real portrayal of abuse which, while kind of a double edged sword considering... y'know, ghetsis is much more of a Standard Evil Guy which, while fun and a breath of fresh air for pokemon considering we hadn't seen it in the mainseries since giovanni, doesn't really work that well for what's supposedly such a masterful profound story. i could also get into colress here but this is already super long so. yeah.

tldr: i do not get the hype around pokemon black and white. best wishes fans get my respect tho i haven't seen it but o7 to you guys that one def gets a lot of hate. spinoffs are also good
ok i uh. don't really watch movies? which i know sounds insane but most of my media intake is video games or youtube if that clears things up. anyway, hope a bibeo gaem is ok to bring up here cause uh... pokemon black and white. i don't get the hype. firstly, despite numerous claims about how "underrated" it is, i've seen a million complaints about genwunners and not a single actual genwunner. i've seen it praised for the whole "it's not always black and white" thing except by the end of the game it ABSOLUTELY IS and ghetsis is a way more entertaining villain than any of that "what's wrong and right" stuff could ever be.

in general, i think the whole thing of "is pokemon training ethical" is not something the games are equipped to handle, especially considering this was before stuff like amie and refresh. and again, you immediately know team plasma is a load of hypocrites because of the whole kicking-a-munna thing. hell, i don't even think it's a response to peta cause their beef with pokemon happened AFTER black and white's release. really if anything in pokemon is a response to peta it's probably aether more than anything.

speaking of aether and team plasma, n really isn't that good? like the thing about having a rival who's an adult is that you need to acknowledge that it's really odd for them to get this involved with the player. isle of armor understood this with it's rivals. black and white did not. n isn't an interesting character, he's just some dude in his early 20s dumping philosophy books on a teenager.

the reason i brought up gen 7 is because lillie is just... generally better. it's not about the "pokemon training good actually" thing, she has the same thing of standing up to her abusive parent, and the only places where n could be considered better is that 1. he actually gets to keep reshiram/zekrom, and 2. ghetsis wasn't forgiven, even though let's be real even if he wasn't an abuser ghetsis was always going to be evil because literally look at him. in general lusamine honestly feels like a much more real portrayal of abuse which, while kind of a double edged sword considering... y'know, ghetsis is much more of a Standard Evil Guy which, while fun and a breath of fresh air for pokemon considering we hadn't seen it in the mainseries since giovanni, doesn't really work that well for what's supposedly such a masterful profound story. i could also get into colress here but this is already super long so. yeah.

tldr: i do not get the hype around pokemon black and white. best wishes fans get my respect tho i haven't seen it but o7 to you guys that one def gets a lot of hate. spinoffs are also good
30-50 feral bogs
divergent series movies + first maze runner movie

watched all 3 divergent movies (for some reason), hoping it would get better, and it absolutely did not. spent most of the films poking holes in the plotlines and laughing at the characters.

maze runner… i’ve only seen the first movie but it was just Ehgh. not a lot of sound reasoning for basically anything- i think that’s my issue with a lot of the dystopian ya genre.
divergent series movies + first maze runner movie

watched all 3 divergent movies (for some reason), hoping it would get better, and it absolutely did not. spent most of the films poking holes in the plotlines and laughing at the characters.

maze runner… i’ve only seen the first movie but it was just Ehgh. not a lot of sound reasoning for basically anything- i think that’s my issue with a lot of the dystopian ya genre.
} pings encouraged! i'm subbed to a lot of threads {

} check out my avatar dragon! {

} i forget things easily, please ping/PM me if i haven't responded in a few days {
I really do not like Star Wars?? IDK why but-- also Star Trek...
I really do not like Star Wars?? IDK why but-- also Star Trek...
Hello!! I’m Sunny!! He/they please!
Pokemon anything. Like maybe not hate? Is that too strong? Maybe just bored.

Same dead horse. Over. And over. I'm just tired
Pokemon anything. Like maybe not hate? Is that too strong? Maybe just bored.

Same dead horse. Over. And over. I'm just tired
Marvel movies in general. I'm just tired of them and was always more of a DC fan anyway so they were never my faves.

Bumblebee. As a long-time transformers fan, I'm convinced tht movie only got love because it was better than the absolute trash that are the bayverse movies. Sure, it was better than Transformers TLK or DOTM but what isnt better than those trash fires lol

I feel the same about Joker. It's not a bad movie by any means but it feels like a lot of the hype was because DC couldn't produce a decent film to save it's life.

Also, kind of a side tangent but i also think people hating the new Star Wars movies and going back and suddenly deciding the prequels are good is hilarious. Just because you hate the last jedi doesn't retroactively make the prequels better. They're still bad and useing them as an example of how star wars 'used to be better' dont fly with me.
Marvel movies in general. I'm just tired of them and was always more of a DC fan anyway so they were never my faves.

Bumblebee. As a long-time transformers fan, I'm convinced tht movie only got love because it was better than the absolute trash that are the bayverse movies. Sure, it was better than Transformers TLK or DOTM but what isnt better than those trash fires lol

I feel the same about Joker. It's not a bad movie by any means but it feels like a lot of the hype was because DC couldn't produce a decent film to save it's life.

Also, kind of a side tangent but i also think people hating the new Star Wars movies and going back and suddenly deciding the prequels are good is hilarious. Just because you hate the last jedi doesn't retroactively make the prequels better. They're still bad and useing them as an example of how star wars 'used to be better' dont fly with me.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11