Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | New Drawing Tablet Recomendations?
1 2 3 4
@Kairo

You're the first person to mention XP-Pen so far! I heard that it's one of the newer brands that's making it's way up similarly to Huion. I don't know much about them, but it's good to see someone vouching for them!

I haven't realized how popular Procreate is with artists around here. Good default brushes are absolute plus for any program, so it's good to know that has them. As much as I love CSP I did have to end up searching around for a few extra ones since I'm not 100% sold on the defaults over there.
@Kairo

You're the first person to mention XP-Pen so far! I heard that it's one of the newer brands that's making it's way up similarly to Huion. I don't know much about them, but it's good to see someone vouching for them!

I haven't realized how popular Procreate is with artists around here. Good default brushes are absolute plus for any program, so it's good to know that has them. As much as I love CSP I did have to end up searching around for a few extra ones since I'm not 100% sold on the defaults over there.
FbBE7dN.png PkBFCHn.png mlHpBMC.png HvXZhho.png 56yqAPu.png PkBFCHn.png FObX7rS.png
rO50KyM.png rO50KyM.png rO50KyM.png
wthFnM3.png PkBFCHn.png EE2umbT.png HvXZhho.png 8GgdVkW.png PkBFCHn.png mIzQJUh.png
@Novy

When I was doing laptop shopping I was told that a computer needs at least an i5 processor to run Photoshop well, regardless of whether it's a Mac or PC.

Are you looking to build your own PC or are you looking to buy one from a retailer? I will admit I have zero experience building PCs but you might be able to have more flexibility, especially if you want or need more powerful internal hardware.

A lot of cheaper laptops tend to run Windows S, typically ones that are under 500 USD. It limits the apps you can download onto it to ones from the Microsoft Store and only lets you browse the internet on Edge.
@Novy

When I was doing laptop shopping I was told that a computer needs at least an i5 processor to run Photoshop well, regardless of whether it's a Mac or PC.

Are you looking to build your own PC or are you looking to buy one from a retailer? I will admit I have zero experience building PCs but you might be able to have more flexibility, especially if you want or need more powerful internal hardware.

A lot of cheaper laptops tend to run Windows S, typically ones that are under 500 USD. It limits the apps you can download onto it to ones from the Microsoft Store and only lets you browse the internet on Edge.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@Iokharic

Sadly I have no experience building a PC aswell, so I figured I would buy a big and powerful one instead. This way I'll be able to do everything I need/want to do with it instead of dealing with limitations from laptops.
@Iokharic

Sadly I have no experience building a PC aswell, so I figured I would buy a big and powerful one instead. This way I'll be able to do everything I need/want to do with it instead of dealing with limitations from laptops.
FbBE7dN.png PkBFCHn.png mlHpBMC.png HvXZhho.png 56yqAPu.png PkBFCHn.png FObX7rS.png
wthFnM3.png PkBFCHn.png EE2umbT.png HvXZhho.png 8GgdVkW.png PkBFCHn.png mIzQJUh.png
Swiftpaw: We've used a Wacom Bamboo Tablet for 7-8 years now and it still works great, it's surprisingly sturdy and survived getting coffee spilled on it and getting rained on when we accidentally left the window open. It can be more expensive but older models I think are cheaper and still work.
Swiftpaw: We've used a Wacom Bamboo Tablet for 7-8 years now and it still works great, it's surprisingly sturdy and survived getting coffee spilled on it and getting rained on when we accidentally left the window open. It can be more expensive but older models I think are cheaper and still work.
@virtualpet

It survived the cursed coffee spills??? That's impressive.
@virtualpet

It survived the cursed coffee spills??? That's impressive.
I suppose this topic's dead. A shame, but I'm very happy with all of the information that was given to me! thank you all again for all of your help, I really do appreciate it! With all of this I'll be able to make a decision a lot faster than I would have without this topic.

I'll definitely utilize this information if one of my friends need some help figuring out a drawing device upgrade/replacement as well.
I suppose this topic's dead. A shame, but I'm very happy with all of the information that was given to me! thank you all again for all of your help, I really do appreciate it! With all of this I'll be able to make a decision a lot faster than I would have without this topic.

I'll definitely utilize this information if one of my friends need some help figuring out a drawing device upgrade/replacement as well.
1 2 3 4