Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Share Terrible Anime/Manga
1 2
all anime and manga is terrible
The one the comes to mind for me is Mayoiga/The Lost Village. Now maybe it's just because I was expecting something different but... I didn't think it was good.
The one the comes to mind for me is Mayoiga/The Lost Village. Now maybe it's just because I was expecting something different but... I didn't think it was good.
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
[quote name="DrgnzRK00L" date="2021-09-25 16:50:14" ] all anime and manga is terrible [/quote] wow you're so edgy and mature
DrgnzRK00L wrote on 2021-09-25 16:50:14:
wow you're so edgy and mature
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Hmmmmm.....

Redo of a healer, rising of the shield hero, goblin slayer, no game no life anime, hetalia, and the 2003 Fullmetal alchemist anime.
Hmmmmm.....

Redo of a healer, rising of the shield hero, goblin slayer, no game no life anime, hetalia, and the 2003 Fullmetal alchemist anime.
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
Well i tried watching SAO bc my brother made me. it's.... not for me, lol. Also Another seemed really cool but it was sort of boring and got repetitive after a while. Think edgy among us.
Well i tried watching SAO bc my brother made me. it's.... not for me, lol. Also Another seemed really cool but it was sort of boring and got repetitive after a while. Think edgy among us.
Ot3Ahks.jpg
[quote name="DrgnzRK00L" date="2021-09-25 16:50:14" ] all anime and manga is terrible [/quote] genuinely based Anyways, I recently watched The Sky Crawlers movie and it was Terrible in terms of plot/premise. I'm sure there's a meaning to kids killing each other in an endless war and how it relates to real-life events/experiences and society, as well as the whole idea of breaking free from your fate and/or rebelling against the sins of your forefathers so that you don't repeat history, but the way it was delivered was... eh... It COULD'VE been a good movie, which is what makes me dislike it even more. Maybe I'll read the novels if I ever find them. It was certainly engaging, in that I wanted to throw up during some parts, but it's not something I would willingly view again or show to others. And now for the rapid fire opinion section: [LIST] [*]The Children of the Sea movie was (hollow?) eye-candy. Again, it was engaging like The Sky Crawlers, but it suffers similarly from being a film adaptation. [*]I liked Battle Fairy Yukikaze, but AGAIN... I don't think it was adapted well from the source material. I'm glad I got to experience Soup Man, though. That was very funny and disturbing. (What's with me and watching all of these book to film movies???) [*]All of Makoto Shinkai's films that I've seen are hollow eye-candy. [*]Mamoru Hosoda peaked with Summer Wars, and any movie he's directed since then has been on a downward spiral. I hope Belle will change my mind about his trajectory, but I'm doubtful. [*]Promare looked good and that was it. I like the aesthetics, but I don't understand why people hyped it up so much. The pacing and story was just abysmal. It really ought to have been a TV series. [/LIST]
DrgnzRK00L wrote on 2021-09-25 16:50:14:
genuinely based

Anyways, I recently watched The Sky Crawlers movie and it was Terrible in terms of plot/premise.
I'm sure there's a meaning to kids killing each other in an endless war and how it relates to real-life events/experiences and society, as well as the whole idea of breaking free from your fate and/or rebelling against the sins of your forefathers so that you don't repeat history, but the way it was delivered was... eh... It COULD'VE been a good movie, which is what makes me dislike it even more. Maybe I'll read the novels if I ever find them.
It was certainly engaging, in that I wanted to throw up during some parts, but it's not something I would willingly view again or show to others.

And now for the rapid fire opinion section:
  • The Children of the Sea movie was (hollow?) eye-candy. Again, it was engaging like The Sky Crawlers, but it suffers similarly from being a film adaptation.
  • I liked Battle Fairy Yukikaze, but AGAIN... I don't think it was adapted well from the source material. I'm glad I got to experience Soup Man, though. That was very funny and disturbing. (What's with me and watching all of these book to film movies???)
  • All of Makoto Shinkai's films that I've seen are hollow eye-candy.
  • Mamoru Hosoda peaked with Summer Wars, and any movie he's directed since then has been on a downward spiral. I hope Belle will change my mind about his trajectory, but I'm doubtful.
  • Promare looked good and that was it. I like the aesthetics, but I don't understand why people hyped it up so much. The pacing and story was just abysmal. It really ought to have been a TV series.
Magical Girl Raising Project. One of many Madoka Magica clones, it really stands out among the rest for being about twenty times more horrifying than Madoka itself. I really don’t recommend watching it, especially if you struggle with your mental health. I really regret watching it, myself.

Magical Girl Raising Project. One of many Madoka Magica clones, it really stands out among the rest for being about twenty times more horrifying than Madoka itself. I really don’t recommend watching it, especially if you struggle with your mental health. I really regret watching it, myself.

6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
That Monster hunter stories anime. I couldn't watch more than the first episode because I found Navirou, the 'comic relief' character of the main cast to be absolutely abhorrent. The 'humour' regarding this character relies on him being a jerk and picking fights with the other main characters for no real reason other than to be an insufferable jerk.
That Monster hunter stories anime. I couldn't watch more than the first episode because I found Navirou, the 'comic relief' character of the main cast to be absolutely abhorrent. The 'humour' regarding this character relies on him being a jerk and picking fights with the other main characters for no real reason other than to be an insufferable jerk.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
[quote name="PearlConnor" date="2021-09-19 18:05:06" ] The gh- The ghost stories dub [/quote] I’d say the ghost stories dub is actually so bad it’s good. The first time I watched it I nearly cried laughing Also funny fact: the original did terrible in Japan, so the English dub actors were basically told to do whatever they want. They did, and now the dubbed version is popular with Japanese and worldwide audiences.
PearlConnor wrote on 2021-09-19 18:05:06:
The gh-
The ghost stories dub
I’d say the ghost stories dub is actually so bad it’s good. The first time I watched it I nearly cried laughing

Also funny fact: the original did terrible in Japan, so the English dub actors were basically told to do whatever they want. They did, and now the dubbed version is popular with Japanese and worldwide audiences.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2