Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite types of bugs??
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I am pretty afraid of all insects irl, even harmless and dead ones, but I can appreciate some of them when they're not around me in person (or are contained tightly) LOL.
I think mantises are pretty darn neat, and caterpillars and millipedes (and pillbugs) are kind of cute. I actually don't mind ants As A Concept either, and moths are nice. Ladybugs and butterflies too.
Real life hornets and wasps crawled straight from the pits of the underworld, but they also offer some pretty cool concepts.
I am pretty afraid of all insects irl, even harmless and dead ones, but I can appreciate some of them when they're not around me in person (or are contained tightly) LOL.
I think mantises are pretty darn neat, and caterpillars and millipedes (and pillbugs) are kind of cute. I actually don't mind ants As A Concept either, and moths are nice. Ladybugs and butterflies too.
Real life hornets and wasps crawled straight from the pits of the underworld, but they also offer some pretty cool concepts.
34822.png
Hearts
FR+3 • they or she
Ping Me to get my attention
easter egg funy
tqGkHih.png
2VtxnMX.png
eswSnrS.png
7IMhuGK.png
Well, since others are posting about bugs that are usually viewed in a negative light, I will, too! I've had a soft spot for mosquitoes ever since I did a report on them in 6th grade. I feel they are misunderstood and painted as villains when there are major differences between them and other nasty bugs.

For example, only females suck blood. Males drink nectar. That is something I don't think a lot of people know. And the females don't drink blood to be a parasite. They do it to get iron to lay their eggs. I feel that is an important distinction from bugs like lice and fleas and ticks. Also, all the diseases that mosquitoes spread are organisms that live in the blood. They themselves do not actually cause disease. Like, ticks' saliva itself can cause disease.

Also, carrying malaria isn't a pleasant thing for mosquitoes. The malaria parasite, Plasmodium, thrives in the mosquito's salivary gland, and it basically starves them so they have to keep biting more and more people, which causes them in turn to keep spreading the parasite. It's Plasmodium that is evil, not the mosquito!

And I, like @sunnySerina , love honeybees. They are really fascinating. And they are peaceful creatures that only sting when threatened. That is in comparison to wasps, which are carnivores and mean.
Well, since others are posting about bugs that are usually viewed in a negative light, I will, too! I've had a soft spot for mosquitoes ever since I did a report on them in 6th grade. I feel they are misunderstood and painted as villains when there are major differences between them and other nasty bugs.

For example, only females suck blood. Males drink nectar. That is something I don't think a lot of people know. And the females don't drink blood to be a parasite. They do it to get iron to lay their eggs. I feel that is an important distinction from bugs like lice and fleas and ticks. Also, all the diseases that mosquitoes spread are organisms that live in the blood. They themselves do not actually cause disease. Like, ticks' saliva itself can cause disease.

Also, carrying malaria isn't a pleasant thing for mosquitoes. The malaria parasite, Plasmodium, thrives in the mosquito's salivary gland, and it basically starves them so they have to keep biting more and more people, which causes them in turn to keep spreading the parasite. It's Plasmodium that is evil, not the mosquito!

And I, like @sunnySerina , love honeybees. They are really fascinating. And they are peaceful creatures that only sting when threatened. That is in comparison to wasps, which are carnivores and mean.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote name="Hypercoaster" date="2021-03-05 04:36:40" ] And I, like @ sunnySerina , love honeybees. They are really fascinating. And they are peaceful creatures that only sting when threatened. That is in comparison to wasps, which are carnivores and mean. [/quote] ok sorry to just. butt in but? wasps arent just evil death machines heres a cool tumblr post on that ive found a while back https://symbolone.tumblr.com/post/626738620682928128/this-has-been-a-wasp-psa
Hypercoaster wrote on 2021-03-05 04:36:40:
And I, like @ sunnySerina , love honeybees. They are really fascinating. And they are peaceful creatures that only sting when threatened. That is in comparison to wasps, which are carnivores and mean.
ok sorry to just. butt in but? wasps arent just evil death machines heres a cool tumblr post on that ive found a while back
https://symbolone.tumblr.com/post/626738620682928128/this-has-been-a-wasp-psa
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I love all bugs but some of my favorites are beetles, praying mantises, moths, and butterflies. I also love honeybees, which we are planning to raise this spring! If I see a bug that isn’t dangerous, odds are I’m going to pick it up in my bare hands. They’re such neat little creatures. They come in so many colors and shapes, most often are cute too.
I even extend my love to snails and slugs, harmless squishy friends who just want to chill out and munch on leaves.
I love all bugs but some of my favorites are beetles, praying mantises, moths, and butterflies. I also love honeybees, which we are planning to raise this spring! If I see a bug that isn’t dangerous, odds are I’m going to pick it up in my bare hands. They’re such neat little creatures. They come in so many colors and shapes, most often are cute too.
I even extend my love to snails and slugs, harmless squishy friends who just want to chill out and munch on leaves.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
my favorite bugs are probably dragon mantises, pink dragon millipedes, and mirror spiders!! they're all very beautiful and intricate looking, and the names of the first two certainly add to their appeal.
my favorite bugs are probably dragon mantises, pink dragon millipedes, and mirror spiders!! they're all very beautiful and intricate looking, and the names of the first two certainly add to their appeal.
37706498.png
plague_small.png
Oh my gosh I basically adore every single bug because they're ALL very good and TINY friends. Blessed tiny critters... but my personal favorites have to be beetles and weevils! They come in so many goshdang shapes and sizes and whatnot and they're all so fascinating to look at. I especially love the really tiny beady-looking beetles. They're super hecking cute. One time a weevil landed on me. ;w;/ Tiny friend just wanted to say HELLO it was so delightful. I felt so blessed. Gosh dang I love the little buggeries so much ahhh. It's nice to see a bug appreciation thread going on here! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Oh my gosh I basically adore every single bug because they're ALL very good and TINY friends. Blessed tiny critters... but my personal favorites have to be beetles and weevils! They come in so many goshdang shapes and sizes and whatnot and they're all so fascinating to look at. I especially love the really tiny beady-looking beetles. They're super hecking cute.

One time a weevil landed on me. ;w;/ Tiny friend just wanted to say HELLO it was so delightful. I felt so blessed. Gosh dang I love the little buggeries so much ahhh. It's nice to see a bug appreciation thread going on here!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
[quote name="Requacy" date="2021-03-04 20:06:50" ] [font=American Gothic][size=4]I love all bugs, but I must admit I am fond of any and all parasites/parasitoids. [emoji=fae tongue size=1] [/quote] @Requacy Oh that's great!! Parasites aren't very well liked so I admire you for giving them a chance!
Requacy wrote on 2021-03-04 20:06:50:
I love all bugs, but I must admit I am fond of any and all parasites/parasitoids.
@Requacy Oh that's great!! Parasites aren't very well liked so I admire you for giving them a chance!
If I don't respond it's because I'm either working or busy, I promise I'm not ignoring you.
Also I'm sorry if I ever sound rude, I'm not trying to be, I'm just socially awkward.
[quote name="Hypercoaster" date="2021-03-05 04:36:40" ] Well, since others are posting about bugs that are usually viewed in a negative light, I will, too! I've had a soft spot for mosquitoes ever since I did a report on them in 6th grade. I feel they are misunderstood and painted as villains when there are major differences between them and other nasty bugs. For example, only females suck blood. Males drink nectar. That is something I don't think a lot of people know. And the females don't drink blood to be a parasite. They do it to get iron to lay their eggs. I feel that is an important distinction from bugs like lice and fleas and ticks. Also, all the diseases that mosquitoes spread are organisms that live in the blood. They themselves do not actually cause disease. Like, ticks' saliva itself can cause disease. Also, carrying malaria isn't a pleasant thing for mosquitoes. The malaria parasite, Plasmodium, thrives in the mosquito's salivary gland, and it basically starves them so they have to keep biting more and more people, which causes them in turn to keep spreading the parasite. It's Plasmodium that is evil, not the mosquito! And I, like @sunnySerina , love honeybees. They are really fascinating. And they are peaceful creatures that only sting when threatened. That is in comparison to wasps, which are carnivores and mean. [/quote] @Hypercoaster Thank you so much for being so understanding and educating people on mosquitoes. I always feel bad killing them because I know they only need the blood for their babies. People who show kindness and compassion and understanding for things that are often misunderstood hold a special place in my heart.
Hypercoaster wrote on 2021-03-05 04:36:40:

@Hypercoaster Thank you so much for being so understanding and educating people on mosquitoes. I always feel bad killing them because I know they only need the blood for their babies.
People who show kindness and compassion and understanding for things that are often misunderstood hold a special place in my heart.
If I don't respond it's because I'm either working or busy, I promise I'm not ignoring you.
Also I'm sorry if I ever sound rude, I'm not trying to be, I'm just socially awkward.
I absolutely love caterpillars!
I absolutely love caterpillars!
BEJVO.gif a3qxG.gif 7GQVm.gif 8SORr.gif T2BwT.gif
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png
weevils are cute.. that’s all I can think of rn!!
weevils are cute.. that’s all I can think of rn!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11