Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Games You Love
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
The Devil may cry reboot that came out a few years back that everyone hated. I think it got a bit too much flack, if you treat it as it's own thing separate from the rest of the DMC series, it's actually a pretty solid hack 'n slash action game. Though the issue I have with it is how it tries way to hard to be edgy for the sake of being edgy and takes a vulgar approach to it.
The Devil may cry reboot that came out a few years back that everyone hated. I think it got a bit too much flack, if you treat it as it's own thing separate from the rest of the DMC series, it's actually a pretty solid hack 'n slash action game. Though the issue I have with it is how it tries way to hard to be edgy for the sake of being edgy and takes a vulgar approach to it.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I've heard that as far as Final Fantasy games go, FFIX is very unpopular because of the art style. I loved that the game was mostly fantasy rather than sci-fi and the story and characters were all compelling. I didn't like the card game within the game, but that's really my only complaint. Maybe I'm wrong about the popularity thing, though.
I've heard that as far as Final Fantasy games go, FFIX is very unpopular because of the art style. I loved that the game was mostly fantasy rather than sci-fi and the story and characters were all compelling. I didn't like the card game within the game, but that's really my only complaint. Maybe I'm wrong about the popularity thing, though.
Fallout 76.
Fallout 76.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
Yokai watch c:
This one didnt do as well in the US as it did JP. The earlier titles in the series are the best, the newer (not in US yet) are not great and most likely the last of the series :/
Yokai watch c:
This one didnt do as well in the US as it did JP. The earlier titles in the series are the best, the newer (not in US yet) are not great and most likely the last of the series :/
Beetle | He/They
tumblr_n6xwujrYxg1rd5h0co1_500.png
@Orionis
Ooo I still need to try out Kingdoms of Amalur, I've heard a lot of good things about it :o

Awesomenauts, one of the few games where I feel I don't actually suck that much at playing. It's a MOBA with characters that each get a moveset with three different abilities. If you're like me, I do terrible with games that give you abilities out the wazoo with all these stats, so the simple fighting system is a breath of fresh air. Two teams of three are pitted against each other to pick off at defenses like smaller minions called Droids, and each of your bases are blocked off by a set of turrets you want to defeat so you can attack the other's base. The upgrade system for your abilities also allows you a good deal of customization for your character. Sadly, the devs put any significant updates on hold since they're working on another Early Access game. Community and playerbase are really small, but it's still fun as it stands right now.

Other Xbox titles like Jet Set Radio Future, Beyond Good and Evil, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and Fuzion Frenzy.

Also F-Zero, Wipeout 2097, just... older racing games in general? I'm getting tired of seeing Forza receive constant releases :[
@Orionis
Ooo I still need to try out Kingdoms of Amalur, I've heard a lot of good things about it :o

Awesomenauts, one of the few games where I feel I don't actually suck that much at playing. It's a MOBA with characters that each get a moveset with three different abilities. If you're like me, I do terrible with games that give you abilities out the wazoo with all these stats, so the simple fighting system is a breath of fresh air. Two teams of three are pitted against each other to pick off at defenses like smaller minions called Droids, and each of your bases are blocked off by a set of turrets you want to defeat so you can attack the other's base. The upgrade system for your abilities also allows you a good deal of customization for your character. Sadly, the devs put any significant updates on hold since they're working on another Early Access game. Community and playerbase are really small, but it's still fun as it stands right now.

Other Xbox titles like Jet Set Radio Future, Beyond Good and Evil, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and Fuzion Frenzy.

Also F-Zero, Wipeout 2097, just... older racing games in general? I'm getting tired of seeing Forza receive constant releases :[
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Nintendo 2DS stuff. I've had a DS for as long as I can remember so when it broke I got a 2DS and was obsessed with the games, I really like Animal Crossing: Happy Home designer and the really old Golden Compass game launched in 2007. I just like His Dark Materials but I'm stuck in the game and don't know what to do to get out of the level.
Nintendo 2DS stuff. I've had a DS for as long as I can remember so when it broke I got a 2DS and was obsessed with the games, I really like Animal Crossing: Happy Home designer and the really old Golden Compass game launched in 2007. I just like His Dark Materials but I'm stuck in the game and don't know what to do to get out of the level.
FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
Hylics, especially Hylics 2. I love wonky and weird stuff so this was perfect. It was a bit of an eye-burner first, but I got used to it. I also adore the characters and the claymation art style, so much time was put into the games. And while the story is very simple, it's still pretty interesting. I found it while watching Vinesauce.
Hylics, especially Hylics 2. I love wonky and weird stuff so this was perfect. It was a bit of an eye-burner first, but I got used to it. I also adore the characters and the claymation art style, so much time was put into the games. And while the story is very simple, it's still pretty interesting. I found it while watching Vinesauce.
4qoj0fB.png
resident evil 5 gets a lot of crap on its back, but i still really enjoy the game. sure the story isn't the best thing in the world and it's basically r4 but with a brighter filter but i still hold the game close to my heart since it's one of the xbox360 games i remember the most fondly
resident evil 5 gets a lot of crap on its back, but i still really enjoy the game. sure the story isn't the best thing in the world and it's basically r4 but with a brighter filter but i still hold the game close to my heart since it's one of the xbox360 games i remember the most fondly
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
@Goodsprings
The whole world map is huge, plus two DLC maps which are smaller though. The re-released game version is gonna have a third DLCs (lowkey salty about it). Some players drop it because they say it drags on but... I think it depends on the individual. I got really immersed in the world and ambience, as well as just really liking my own character.
I suppose if you do buy it, get the Re-Reckoning version (you might wanna wait for a sale if you wish), because extra third DLC. From what I read barely anything was changed from the original, released on 2012, except some improved graphics.
In each case - I hope you enjoy it if you get it and sorry for the wall of text :')

Edit: your name made me immediately think of New Vegas
@Goodsprings
The whole world map is huge, plus two DLC maps which are smaller though. The re-released game version is gonna have a third DLCs (lowkey salty about it). Some players drop it because they say it drags on but... I think it depends on the individual. I got really immersed in the world and ambience, as well as just really liking my own character.
I suppose if you do buy it, get the Re-Reckoning version (you might wanna wait for a sale if you wish), because extra third DLC. From what I read barely anything was changed from the original, released on 2012, except some improved graphics.
In each case - I hope you enjoy it if you get it and sorry for the wall of text :')

Edit: your name made me immediately think of New Vegas
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
not tonight! it's a mostly story-based rpg where you play as a bouncer in a post-brexit dystopian Britain

u have the choice to either help the resistance or not and i just think it's a rly good little game :3

it's on the switch^^
not tonight! it's a mostly story-based rpg where you play as a bouncer in a post-brexit dystopian Britain

u have the choice to either help the resistance or not and i just think it's a rly good little game :3

it's on the switch^^
8CwaY2Y.png PVehrz5.png
75lkEnN.png
OPFWPxg.png
g6CyIfP.png
mkyCRvi.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12