Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what did your parents ALMOST name you?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
not me but, my dad thought that naming my little brother "Griffin" would be cool. My mom was NOT having it.
not me but, my dad thought that naming my little brother "Griffin" would be cool. My mom was NOT having it.
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
i was very close to being named natasha. i've got nothing much to say about that; i've never really felt comfy with the name i did end up with, but at least i've got the coolest nickname ever from it.
i was very close to being named natasha. i've got nothing much to say about that; i've never really felt comfy with the name i did end up with, but at least i've got the coolest nickname ever from it.
forum signature under construction WOOOHOOO!
father wanted to name me kayleigh ehehe
my mom didn't like it and tbh I'm glad she didn't, I love my name so muchhhhhh
father wanted to name me kayleigh ehehe
my mom didn't like it and tbh I'm glad she didn't, I love my name so muchhhhhh
awbkQt8.gif
My mom wanted to name me Max if I was a boy, but my dad objected because he had a dog named Max once, and "that's just weird," lmao.
My mom wanted to name me Max if I was a boy, but my dad objected because he had a dog named Max once, and "that's just weird," lmao.
autumn • +3 fr time
[color=Darkblue]My mom wanted to name me: -Wednesday -Raven -Onyx -Ellen -Shirley -Olive I'm not sure what my dad wanted but he was against all of those :( I want so badly to be called Wednesday or Raven, how cool is that?? I love my name though, it's very pretty and not very common :) [quote name="@sadzapdos" date="2021-01-05 19:47:40" ] my parents almost named me "smirnof" or "belzazar". god.... [/quote] [color=Darkblue]GOD i'd LOVE to have those names, especially Belzazar 'yes hello my name is Belzazar don't ask for any spells because I only do curses' I'd call myself 'Belzazar the Black' and be like Ultra wizard vibes >:3
My mom wanted to name me:
-Wednesday
-Raven
-Onyx
-Ellen
-Shirley
-Olive

I'm not sure what my dad wanted but he was against all of those :(
I want so badly to be called Wednesday or Raven, how cool is that?? I love my name though, it's very pretty and not very common :)

@sadzapdos wrote on 2021-01-05 19:47:40:
my parents almost named me "smirnof" or "belzazar". god....

GOD i'd LOVE to have those names, especially Belzazar
'yes hello my name is Belzazar don't ask for any spells because I only do curses'
I'd call myself 'Belzazar the Black' and be like
Ultra wizard vibes >:3
I don't know about girl names aside from the one I got, but apparently when it came to boys names, my parents narrowed it down to Callum or Raistlin (Which, according to my dad, given my personality, would've been appropriate. I have no idea since I haven't read any of the Dragonlance books yet).
I don't know about girl names aside from the one I got, but apparently when it came to boys names, my parents narrowed it down to Callum or Raistlin (Which, according to my dad, given my personality, would've been appropriate. I have no idea since I haven't read any of the Dragonlance books yet).
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
mom and dad wanted me to be named wyeth if i ended up assigned male at birth. after the painter andrew wyeth. certainly... uh ... unique .... glad i chose my own name later lol
mom and dad wanted me to be named wyeth if i ended up assigned male at birth. after the painter andrew wyeth. certainly... uh ... unique .... glad i chose my own name later lol
bnaSbHl.png
ZKQ6ohh.png
bYt72YT.png
KM1zzLu.png
yPlj8ew.png
fsKmPCy.png
think my middle name was supposed to be my first name??
think my middle name was supposed to be my first name??
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
If I had been born a biological boy, I would have been named Indiana. This would have been hilarious, as my last name is the ever-common Jones. Never would've gotten away from that one, lolol.
If I had been born a biological boy, I would have been named Indiana. This would have been hilarious, as my last name is the ever-common Jones. Never would've gotten away from that one, lolol.
eP65k0J.png
If I were born a boy, I would've been Shane. (Apparently my dad wanted to name me John if I were a boy... but there were loads of Johns on my dad's side of the family so my mom was really against it, haha.)
If I were born a boy, I would've been Shane. (Apparently my dad wanted to name me John if I were a boy... but there were loads of Johns on my dad's side of the family so my mom was really against it, haha.)
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15