Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video games with really cool plotlines
1 2 3

Lobotomy Corporation has such an interesting plot! There are plenty of neat twists that really keep you hooked! No matter how annoying the gameplay can be sometimes.

The worldbuilding is super interesting as well!

Lobotomy Corporation has such an interesting plot! There are plenty of neat twists that really keep you hooked! No matter how annoying the gameplay can be sometimes.

The worldbuilding is super interesting as well!
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Persona 2 is one of those games that starts off kinda slow, but then really quickly devolves into madness with it's plot and how events turn out lmao. I also definitely suggest Tales Of series too, particularly Tales of the Abyss as its cast is wonderful and the story is really gripping.
Persona 2 is one of those games that starts off kinda slow, but then really quickly devolves into madness with it's plot and how events turn out lmao. I also definitely suggest Tales Of series too, particularly Tales of the Abyss as its cast is wonderful and the story is really gripping.
please play stella glow for 3ds

i wanna baja blast my brains out
i am a mountain dude
U5OYFBd.gif
TA2bWfP.png
The Gothic series. They are old (like, it's the first real open world adventure game as we know them old) and the gameplay is kind of, uh, outdated and difficult due to being a TOUCH unbalanced. But IMO there's still not a more believable open world story. They made the NPC's come alive and react believably to the player character.

The first game is getting a remake (no release date yet) if you don't like older games. I loved it for the story immersion, but at the same time I found it difficult to get through due to the gameplay.
The Gothic series. They are old (like, it's the first real open world adventure game as we know them old) and the gameplay is kind of, uh, outdated and difficult due to being a TOUCH unbalanced. But IMO there's still not a more believable open world story. They made the NPC's come alive and react believably to the player character.

The first game is getting a remake (no release date yet) if you don't like older games. I loved it for the story immersion, but at the same time I found it difficult to get through due to the gameplay.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
Okami is incredible. It has this really great sumi-e art style, and the bosses are all really fun and engaging. I can't really go into the storyline without spoiling everything, but it's good, okay?

Hollow Knight is great as well. It's unique in that the "light" is the antagonist and "dark" is the protagonist. It's difficult, but the endings are worth it every step of the way. (Yes, endings. There's, like, five).

Undertale. Just Undertale. I know it's been done to death now, but it still slaps.

Astral Chain is a bit polarizing from what I've heard, but I really enjoyed it personally. It does a good job at hinting at the plot twist before it actually happens, before revealing that there's much more to the twist than you initially thought. Spoilers: you will cry.
Okami is incredible. It has this really great sumi-e art style, and the bosses are all really fun and engaging. I can't really go into the storyline without spoiling everything, but it's good, okay?

Hollow Knight is great as well. It's unique in that the "light" is the antagonist and "dark" is the protagonist. It's difficult, but the endings are worth it every step of the way. (Yes, endings. There's, like, five).

Undertale. Just Undertale. I know it's been done to death now, but it still slaps.

Astral Chain is a bit polarizing from what I've heard, but I really enjoyed it personally. It does a good job at hinting at the plot twist before it actually happens, before revealing that there's much more to the twist than you initially thought. Spoilers: you will cry.
Nothing much to say here.

slCEFYq.png
sZShZzW.png
Hollow Knight got some sick lore and story
Hollow Knight got some sick lore and story
Third-ing Hollow Knight. Amazing game that is challenging, but not unfair. The lore is spread around through little "bread crumbs" but once you learn the whole thing, it is very interesting. Every time I play I learn a bit more about. the lore. Also it has bugs (the critter, not the glitch).
Third-ing Hollow Knight. Amazing game that is challenging, but not unfair. The lore is spread around through little "bread crumbs" but once you learn the whole thing, it is very interesting. Every time I play I learn a bit more about. the lore. Also it has bugs (the critter, not the glitch).
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
I agree on fire emblem three houses, im not a big FE fan but i love that game

Pokemon black/white and black2/white2 still has one of the best plots out of any other pokemon game IMo worth playing
I agree on fire emblem three houses, im not a big FE fan but i love that game

Pokemon black/white and black2/white2 still has one of the best plots out of any other pokemon game IMo worth playing
hCa820L.pngStRQpZw.pngpPmyN46.png
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2020-11-24 21:49:59" ] *inhaaaaaales* FINAL FANTASY VI haveaniceday [/quote] @LoversMasque Agreed. This is my favourite FF game. I'm also ... going to be a horrible heretic here, but FFXIII-2 has a great storyline.
LoversMasque wrote on 2020-11-24 21:49:59:
*inhaaaaaales*

FINAL FANTASY VI

haveaniceday

@LoversMasque

Agreed. This is my favourite FF game.

I'm also ... going to be a horrible heretic here, but FFXIII-2 has a great storyline.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Seconding Red Dead Redemption 2, very solid characters with a great plotline full of emotional moments and twists.

Other games with great plotlines that I love:
- Drawn to Life 2: The Next Chapter (made me cry)
- Spiderman PS4 (also made me cry, and has incredible voice acting and cutscenes)
- Detroit: Become Human (haven't played through all the endings but the one I got made me cry)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (has some great twists and fun characters)
Seconding Red Dead Redemption 2, very solid characters with a great plotline full of emotional moments and twists.

Other games with great plotlines that I love:
- Drawn to Life 2: The Next Chapter (made me cry)
- Spiderman PS4 (also made me cry, and has incredible voice acting and cutscenes)
- Detroit: Become Human (haven't played through all the endings but the one I got made me cry)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (has some great twists and fun characters)
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
[quote name="Dragoneirre" date="2020-11-24 18:43:39" ] @PiscesInPiscinam Fire Emblem Three Houses has a wonderful plot and characters and I highly recommend it! In fact, it basically has four different plots and every one of them is a completely different journey and it's magical. [/quote] I second (or.. third?) this opinion! each house has its' own individual route (except for one secret route thanks to a split-decision in one house), and each character is honestly wonderful in their own way, with a mix of characters you'll love to love, or love to hate, and the story really grabs you in many different emotional ways here's a list of the individual house trailers for each house, mind you, you make your housing decision fairly early in the game: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgka2FOjpA][color=A31433]Black Eagles propaganda video[/url][/color] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfeIED_-VHs][color=1D3381]"The Blue Lions walk the true path of justice."[/url] [spoiler]sure, we'll see about that in five-or-so years.[/spoiler][/color] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5doMgxxc0][color=BA9D1C]"You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together."[/url][/color] there's also DLC that adds a side-story/technically a fourth house? [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5USF9-BtoY][color=825FA3]they're basically edgy rats who live in the monastery's basement[/url][/color]
Dragoneirre wrote on 2020-11-24 18:43:39:
@PiscesInPiscinam
Fire Emblem Three Houses has a wonderful plot and characters and I highly recommend it! In fact, it basically has four different plots and every one of them is a completely different journey and it's magical.
I second (or.. third?) this opinion!

each house has its' own individual route (except for one secret route thanks to a split-decision in one house), and each character is honestly wonderful in their own way, with a mix of characters you'll love to love, or love to hate, and the story really grabs you in many different emotional ways

here's a list of the individual house trailers for each house, mind you, you make your housing decision fairly early in the game:

Black Eagles propaganda video

"The Blue Lions walk the true path of justice." sure, we'll see about that in five-or-so years.

"You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together."

there's also DLC that adds a side-story/technically a fourth house?

they're basically edgy rats who live in the monastery's basement
1 2 3