Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Talk to me about Role-Playing!!
I'm preparing to set up a RP search thread on FR soon! [emoji=wildclaw laughing size=1] Some questions for fellow role-players! Feel free to talk about role-playing in General, if you don't wish to answer any of them lol. Feel free to ask other questions, too, if you think of them!! 1. Do you prefer fandoms to originals, vice versa, or about 50/50 on both? 2. For fandoms, do you ever crossover characters or stuff from another fandom? 3. What is your RP style? 4. Are there any rules, that aren't so typical, that you generally use when searching for/doing a RP? 5. Do you prefer fantasy (crazy creatures and/or abilities), more realistic stuff, or enjoy mixing both? 6. What are your favored settings? (Knights age, Samurai period, modern society, futuristic society, dystopian/utopian, etc.) 7. Romance or no? XD 8. What is something (or several things) you really enjoy in a RP? (can be literally anything) 9. What is something you really [i]dislike[/i] in an RP? 10. Anything in particular you're currently craving? Feel free to include an entire plot, if you wish ^^ [quote=My Personal Answers] [b]1.[/b] Kind of 50/50?? I really like fandom ones for OC x character from a fandom romance, buut a lot of people seem to be mostly into originals or [i]their[/i] specific fandoms these days X'D [b]2.[/b] Yep. Mostly bringing in a whole bunch of fandom/canon characters into original RPs with an original setting, mostly, anyway. [b]3.[/b] Third-person, mostly [s]I should.. probably practice first person, haha[/s]! I use the "" symbols for when characters are talking, and generally only use Italics for letters written to another character, visions/dreams, or use it, as well as Bold, to emphasize or a word or sentence. [b]4.[/b] I have, [i]quite [/i]a few rules, but a very specific one that I personally use, that I don't see just anywhere is: [quote=Kyrin18]Do not judge someone else's writing: Aside from a handful of other specific reasons, having such absurdly high writing standards is one of the main reasons RP forums tend to die down. So long as one does there best (if their "best" isn't like, 100 spelling errors every other sentence), then there shouldn't be a problem. Roleplays are meant to be fun, so have fun![/quote] I don't want a partner that misses capitalizing the first word of every sentence, makes a million spelling errors and whatnot, but I -personally- am not the greatest writer (not saying I'm bad! just not the [i]best[/i], haha), but I'm an avid role-player who tries to keep mostly consistent replies for the RPs that I engage in. It's really a huge downer when everyone has such high writing standards, like they expect writing to be your profession or something. [b]5.[/b] Honestly, the plot would have to be [i]really[/i] interesting (or something I was specifically interested in at that time) for a role-play of mine to [i]not[/i] include fantasy stuffs. [b]6.[/b] I tend to lean more towards Samurai period [s]anime has spoiled me[/s] and modern society, or some crazy semi-modern-but-not-really setting like Sonieth. [b]7.[/b] *spits drink out* What even is a RP without romance?!?! Seriously though, I grow extremely bored if there isn't romance for at least my main character. And I mean, fade-to-black, since it is allowed on FR :3 [b]8.[/b] Eh.. aside from romance, comforting someone... parenthood. I'm not a parent -yet-, but the idea is really cute. A lot of cute scenarios, even if some are during tough or even dangerous times. [b]9.[/b] Let me think... Pointless cursing? Don't think I'll have to worry about it that much here, but really it's just plain childish for a character's[i] every other word[/i] to be.. one of those =w=' [b]10. [/b]As far as originals go: -Samurai-themed setting, with a Oni Warlord (boy) x Bunny Kemonomimi (girl) romance -A FR RP! To play out some Lore ;D (though my Lore does include/allow humans/elves/kemonomimis/etc.) Fandoms (Notes: I tend to state which character(s) I'd be interested in a romance with ahead of time~): Boku no Hero Academia, Dabi or Kirishima x OC Devil May Cry 5, Dante x OC ([s]I think we can all agree: Dante needs a comforter, some sweet girl who isn't trying to kill him every two seconds of his life, even if he wouldn't know what do do with [i]himself falling in love[/i] XD[/s]) Death Stranding, Higgs x OC -Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Nyx Ulric x OC -Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Genichiro x OC -Sengoku Basara, Date Masamune or Chosokabe Motochika x OC -Touken Ranbu, Ookurikara x OC [/quote]
I'm preparing to set up a RP search thread on FR soon!

Some questions for fellow role-players! Feel free to talk about role-playing in General, if you don't wish to answer any of them lol. Feel free to ask other questions, too, if you think of them!!

1. Do you prefer fandoms to originals, vice versa, or about 50/50 on both?

2. For fandoms, do you ever crossover characters or stuff from another fandom?

3. What is your RP style?

4. Are there any rules, that aren't so typical, that you generally use when searching for/doing a RP?

5. Do you prefer fantasy (crazy creatures and/or abilities), more realistic stuff, or enjoy mixing both?

6. What are your favored settings? (Knights age, Samurai period, modern society, futuristic society, dystopian/utopian, etc.)

7. Romance or no? XD

8. What is something (or several things) you really enjoy in a RP? (can be literally anything)

9. What is something you really dislike in an RP?

10. Anything in particular you're currently craving? Feel free to include an entire plot, if you wish ^^
My Personal Answers wrote:
1. Kind of 50/50?? I really like fandom ones for OC x character from a fandom romance, buut a lot of people seem to be mostly into originals or their specific fandoms these days X'D

2. Yep. Mostly bringing in a whole bunch of fandom/canon characters into original RPs with an original setting, mostly, anyway.

3. Third-person, mostly I should.. probably practice first person, haha! I use the "" symbols for when characters are talking, and generally only use Italics for letters written to another character, visions/dreams, or use it, as well as Bold, to emphasize or a word or sentence.

4. I have, quite a few rules, but a very specific one that I personally use, that I don't see just anywhere is:
Kyrin18 wrote:
Do not judge someone else's writing: Aside from a handful of other specific reasons, having such absurdly high writing standards is one of the main reasons RP forums tend to die down. So long as one does there best (if their "best" isn't like, 100 spelling errors every other sentence), then there shouldn't be a problem. Roleplays are meant to be fun, so have fun!
I don't want a partner that misses capitalizing the first word of every sentence, makes a million spelling errors and whatnot, but I -personally- am not the greatest writer (not saying I'm bad! just not the best, haha), but I'm an avid role-player who tries to keep mostly consistent replies for the RPs that I engage in. It's really a huge downer when everyone has such high writing standards, like they expect writing to be your profession or something.

5. Honestly, the plot would have to be really interesting (or something I was specifically interested in at that time) for a role-play of mine to not include fantasy stuffs.

6. I tend to lean more towards Samurai period anime has spoiled me and modern society, or some crazy semi-modern-but-not-really setting like Sonieth.

7. *spits drink out* What even is a RP without romance?!?! Seriously though, I grow extremely bored if there isn't romance for at least my main character. And I mean, fade-to-black, since it is allowed on FR :3

8. Eh.. aside from romance, comforting someone... parenthood. I'm not a parent -yet-, but the idea is really cute. A lot of cute scenarios, even if some are during tough or even dangerous times.

9. Let me think... Pointless cursing? Don't think I'll have to worry about it that much here, but really it's just plain childish for a character's every other word to be.. one of those =w='

10. As far as originals go:
-Samurai-themed setting, with a Oni Warlord (boy) x Bunny Kemonomimi (girl) romance

-A FR RP! To play out some Lore ;D (though my Lore does include/allow humans/elves/kemonomimis/etc.)

Fandoms (Notes: I tend to state which character(s) I'd be interested in a romance with ahead of time~):

Boku no Hero Academia, Dabi or Kirishima x OC

Devil May Cry 5, Dante x OC (I think we can all agree: Dante needs a comforter, some sweet girl who isn't trying to kill him every two seconds of his life, even if he wouldn't know what do do with himself falling in love XD)

Death Stranding, Higgs x OC

-Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Nyx Ulric x OC

-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Genichiro x OC

-Sengoku Basara, Date Masamune or Chosokabe Motochika x OC

-Touken Ranbu, Ookurikara x OC
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)

A little of everything. Just depends on the setting and the particulars.

Only if it actually fits. For example, I've been part of some multiversal superhero RPs where characters included Marvel and DC characters (among others, including some originals and some hybrids, like a Kree chosen as a Green Lantern), but I'd never do something like Star Wars and Harry Potter together.

However, there are instances where I've done some heavy homages. For example, in an old Star Wars RP, I heavily based my original character's personality on The Doctor. No time travel or regeneration or any of that, but the same sort of dashing wandering do-gooder with a dash of mischievous delight.

Varies. I mean, really, it varies. Depends on the overall RP, the medium (posts or a chat program, or if in something like SecondLife or an MMO where words are only part of the overall equation) and so on.

4. Are there any rules, that aren't so typical, that you generally use when searching for/doing a RP?

I avoid RP where the other participants overuse shorthand. If it is in context, like that particular part of the story is a text exchange or somebody has internet based superpowers or something, fine, but when they do it constantly it breaks any feeling of immersion.

5. Do you prefer fantasy (crazy creatures and/or abilities), more realistic stuff, or enjoy mixing both?

Little bit of anything, with leanings toward sci-fi and fantasy elements. It doesn't have to be extravagant "save the world" type situations, even just minor stuff like slice-of-life in an urban fantasy setting is more likely to interest me than the same scenario set on present day Earth.

6. What are your favored settings? (Knights age, Samurai period, modern society, futuristic society, dystopian/utopian, etc.)

I like so many things, but I'm really drawn to magical Victorian steampunk settings and fantastical alien worlds.

7. Romance or no?

It really depends. I can't JUST go out and start an RP relationship with someone, but if the other participant and I get along and everything, it can be fun. I know some people will go out with the express intent of finding that kind of RP, but I prefer it to happen organically just like a real relationship.

8. What is something (or several things) you really enjoy in a RP?

The escape. Because for a little bit, I'm not the guy with a myriad of health problems, I'm a guy in a world of dragons or a world of superheroes or so on. The creativity of it is also fun since I enjoy trying to think how my character would think as opposed to my own opinions, likes, dislikes, etc.

That I have to go back to being the guy with the health problems.

10. Anything in particular you're currently craving?

Not at the moment. I mean, sure, there is stuff I'd love to get into, but it all either involves a subscription I can't justify at the moment for one, or similarly would require a little money spent on certain required items to participate for another.

A little of everything. Just depends on the setting and the particulars.

Only if it actually fits. For example, I've been part of some multiversal superhero RPs where characters included Marvel and DC characters (among others, including some originals and some hybrids, like a Kree chosen as a Green Lantern), but I'd never do something like Star Wars and Harry Potter together.

However, there are instances where I've done some heavy homages. For example, in an old Star Wars RP, I heavily based my original character's personality on The Doctor. No time travel or regeneration or any of that, but the same sort of dashing wandering do-gooder with a dash of mischievous delight.

Varies. I mean, really, it varies. Depends on the overall RP, the medium (posts or a chat program, or if in something like SecondLife or an MMO where words are only part of the overall equation) and so on.

I avoid RP where the other participants overuse shorthand. If it is in context, like that particular part of the story is a text exchange or somebody has internet based superpowers or something, fine, but when they do it constantly it breaks any feeling of immersion.

Little bit of anything, with leanings toward sci-fi and fantasy elements. It doesn't have to be extravagant "save the world" type situations, even just minor stuff like slice-of-life in an urban fantasy setting is more likely to interest me than the same scenario set on present day Earth.

I like so many things, but I'm really drawn to magical Victorian steampunk settings and fantastical alien worlds.

7. Romance or no?

It really depends. I can't JUST go out and start an RP relationship with someone, but if the other participant and I get along and everything, it can be fun. I know some people will go out with the express intent of finding that kind of RP, but I prefer it to happen organically just like a real relationship.

8. What is something (or several things) you really enjoy in a RP?

The escape. Because for a little bit, I'm not the guy with a myriad of health problems, I'm a guy in a world of dragons or a world of superheroes or so on. The creativity of it is also fun since I enjoy trying to think how my character would think as opposed to my own opinions, likes, dislikes, etc.

That I have to go back to being the guy with the health problems.

Not at the moment. I mean, sure, there is stuff I'd love to get into, but it all either involves a subscription I can't justify at the moment for one, or similarly would require a little money spent on certain required items to participate for another.

Formerly known as Brenning.

50/50, depends on what fandom it is. i prefer roleplaying fancharacters for a series than canon ones though.

Nah, don't really like that.

Just writing in chatgroups/forums. I prefer writing serious paragraphs.

Find someone that I at least have one thing in common with [we like the same series, looking for the same type of rp, etc.] Since generally I just roleplay with friends/mutuals, tho I am branching out!

It depends, as long as it's interesting and fun.

Anything goes! But I love fantasy, dystopia, futuristic, and sci-fi!

7. Romance or no? XD

With friends? Yeah. Strangers? No.

8. What is something (or several things) you really enjoy in a RP? (can be literally anything)

Dragons [obviously], rps where multiple characters interact, adventure/quests, pirates, and worldbuilding.

I really don't like oc x canon, it just feels weird [including aus]. Roleplaying other peoples' ocs is also very weird because they're not my ocs. I also don't like script formatted roleplays like "Me: *nuzzles and kisses u* XDD"

10. Anything in particular you're currently craving? Feel free to include an entire plot, if you wish ^^

I wanna be part of a group roleplay that kind of acts like an oct, I wanna be part of a group story project that I can interact and enjoy with others!

50/50, depends on what fandom it is. i prefer roleplaying fancharacters for a series than canon ones though.

Nah, don't really like that.

Just writing in chatgroups/forums. I prefer writing serious paragraphs.

Find someone that I at least have one thing in common with [we like the same series, looking for the same type of rp, etc.] Since generally I just roleplay with friends/mutuals, tho I am branching out!

It depends, as long as it's interesting and fun.

Anything goes! But I love fantasy, dystopia, futuristic, and sci-fi!

7. Romance or no? XD

With friends? Yeah. Strangers? No.

Dragons [obviously], rps where multiple characters interact, adventure/quests, pirates, and worldbuilding.

I really don't like oc x canon, it just feels weird [including aus]. Roleplaying other peoples' ocs is also very weird because they're not my ocs. I also don't like script formatted roleplays like "Me: *nuzzles and kisses u* XDD"

I wanna be part of a group roleplay that kind of acts like an oct, I wanna be part of a group story project that I can interact and enjoy with others!
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
Fandom! I love fandom, I haven't written anything in an original setting in over 15 years lol. I also always write canon characters, with a few exceptions. Writing something in the Dragon Age universe tends to involve OCs. But I really enjoy getting into the heads of my favorite characters and find out what makes them tick, and expand on what is already established with them and keep them in character as much as possible.

I do sometimes, some fandoms work really well together, like Dragon Age and Dishonored, or Dishonored and Assassin's Creed.

Third person, past tense, multiple paragraphs per post. My post length differs a lot, depending on the amount of dialogue or if I'm setting a new scene or am including a Major Plot Point. I've had posts span from anywhere between half a page in word to a full 5 pages for a single reply. Most important thing for me though is making sure there's always enough for my RP buddy to work with. A lengthy post with beautiful descriptions of their surroundings is nice and all, but there's not much me and my character can do with it. Quality over quantity.

Not sure, but I tend to avoid RPs where they're asking for someone to be a GM of sorts. I don't want to have to carry the plot alone, I don't really work well with passive writers who just want me to create something for their character to live in. I feel like communication is super important, bouncing ideas off of each other. To me, plotting is half the fun of RP.

Also, RPs where they ask for someone to write *insert canon character here* for their OC. There have been a few rare exceptions but 99% of the time I avoid these like the plague.

I've done everything from high fantasy to futuristic sci-fi to historically accurate stories, post apocalypse settings and domestic modern day. I love it all.

I guess... fantasy, modern day au, history (the golden age of piracy in particular) and (semi) apocalypse settings.

7. Romance or no? XD

I love shipping, so yes, but it shouldn't be forced. There has to be some kind of natural progression for the characters involved getting to that point and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work. Also, big yes to slow burn. I mostly limit myself to RP on discord and they tend to uh... you know, eventually, but I'm perfectly okay with fade to black too.

I'm a big fan of the enemies to friends to lovers trope lol.

I've mentioned it before, but passive players. I don't want to be the only one providing ideas, or the only one writing side characters to help flesh out the world, things like that.

My craves are pretty satisfied at the moment but I'm still heavily obsessed with The Walking Dead and Rick/Negan in particular (also, Negan/Lucille). I love writing Negan, he's a fun character to explore.

Another thing I really miss writing though are saiyans (yes, those saiyans). Not anything that follows the canon storyline though, and I also make them less powerful (early DBZish). I stick to AU RPs here because I have SO MUCH headcanon on the saiyans as a species from biology to religion to language and that is what I love exploring. And I am so weak for the whole 'saiyans on earth interacting with humans, intergrating into human society and all the problems that come with it, cultures clashing etc etc' concept. I love it.
I would love to do something like that again some day.
Fandom! I love fandom, I haven't written anything in an original setting in over 15 years lol. I also always write canon characters, with a few exceptions. Writing something in the Dragon Age universe tends to involve OCs. But I really enjoy getting into the heads of my favorite characters and find out what makes them tick, and expand on what is already established with them and keep them in character as much as possible.

I do sometimes, some fandoms work really well together, like Dragon Age and Dishonored, or Dishonored and Assassin's Creed.

Third person, past tense, multiple paragraphs per post. My post length differs a lot, depending on the amount of dialogue or if I'm setting a new scene or am including a Major Plot Point. I've had posts span from anywhere between half a page in word to a full 5 pages for a single reply. Most important thing for me though is making sure there's always enough for my RP buddy to work with. A lengthy post with beautiful descriptions of their surroundings is nice and all, but there's not much me and my character can do with it. Quality over quantity.

Not sure, but I tend to avoid RPs where they're asking for someone to be a GM of sorts. I don't want to have to carry the plot alone, I don't really work well with passive writers who just want me to create something for their character to live in. I feel like communication is super important, bouncing ideas off of each other. To me, plotting is half the fun of RP.

Also, RPs where they ask for someone to write *insert canon character here* for their OC. There have been a few rare exceptions but 99% of the time I avoid these like the plague.

I've done everything from high fantasy to futuristic sci-fi to historically accurate stories, post apocalypse settings and domestic modern day. I love it all.

I guess... fantasy, modern day au, history (the golden age of piracy in particular) and (semi) apocalypse settings.

7. Romance or no? XD

I love shipping, so yes, but it shouldn't be forced. There has to be some kind of natural progression for the characters involved getting to that point and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work. Also, big yes to slow burn. I mostly limit myself to RP on discord and they tend to uh... you know, eventually, but I'm perfectly okay with fade to black too.

I'm a big fan of the enemies to friends to lovers trope lol.

I've mentioned it before, but passive players. I don't want to be the only one providing ideas, or the only one writing side characters to help flesh out the world, things like that.

My craves are pretty satisfied at the moment but I'm still heavily obsessed with The Walking Dead and Rick/Negan in particular (also, Negan/Lucille). I love writing Negan, he's a fun character to explore.

Another thing I really miss writing though are saiyans (yes, those saiyans). Not anything that follows the canon storyline though, and I also make them less powerful (early DBZish). I stick to AU RPs here because I have SO MUCH headcanon on the saiyans as a species from biology to religion to language and that is what I love exploring. And I am so weak for the whole 'saiyans on earth interacting with humans, intergrating into human society and all the problems that come with it, cultures clashing etc etc' concept. I love it.
I would love to do something like that again some day.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
Original. 100%. I actively dislike doing fandom RP, at Most I might take a setting like, for example, FR, and base stuff off of that. Or for example do a DnD game on Critical Role's Exandria, but keep to yourselves instead of seeking out "Famous/Canon NPCs" type of thing. Had a whole conversation with my dnd table a little while ago about the exact same thing. It just breaks the immersion and never feels natural to me, Obviously I don't mind if others enjoy it different things for everyone, but I just can't get into it, myself.

For fandom in general, see above. But I don't mind crossovers in general, at all. My best friend and rp-partner have messed around with many funny original crossovers over the years.

When it's my turn, I'll try to reply as soon as possible. I don't mind saying that if the RP stops, it's almost always the other person that didn't reply, it's almost like a "leaving something unfinished that needs doing" feeling that I have to get to as soon as possible. I Will do multiple posts per day without an issue.
Post length wise, I do semi-lit to lit most of the time, unless there's a lot of action going on so we're doing back-and-forth quick posts. Also, obviously there's days and days, and sometimes inspiration just doesn't strike and they end shorter than I'd usually like. Since I usually play with a friend, we both understand those happen to anyone.
However, I am a very Slow Typer. If you watch me on google docs you'll get super bored. I pause between sentences a lot, I tend to forget words or stop and also to try to find out how to phrase things best, go back and forth on the text and paragraphs, especially since english isn't my first language. If my friend can whip up three to four paragraphs in 5-10 minutes, the same amount of text takes me maybe 30min sometimes even a hour.

I've grown to avoid multiple people RPs unless they're with friends because I've seen too many stop and be abandoned because of one person involved so they make me a little wary.
Other than that, I just ask that the person be a little considerate that I might mess up some grammar things. I try my best, and I've gotten better over time, but English is a second language and I'm self-taught. There's some things in it that trip me still to this day, that are "basic" grammar (like I still might mix up men/man or in/on), and I don't always want to stop and google the right grammar or that will slow me down even more. Sometimes friends take the time to point it out, and I appreciate it, but I don't Expect that from a RP partner, just that they be understanding about it.

I Love fantasy and sci-fi RPs, and the wild crazy things that can happen, and I also really like taking those kind of characters and having them deal with daily stuff, like in urban fantasy. Having magical characters do mundane stuff is fun, but regular mundane characters doing regular mundane stuff isn't attractive to me in a RP, if that makes sense?

Original Fantasy worlds, Sci-fi, and for Urban Fantasy, magic is hidden is fun but I LOVE "magic is a normal thing in the world everyone knows about" settings even more.

7. Romance or no? XD
I'm fine with romance and it can be fun, if it feels natural, and can even ship certain characters and nudge them towards each other. But twisting upside down the whole thing just so two people get together even though it doesn't seem like the characters would is eh. (Not that they can't grow to enjoy each other's company, but usually the difference is pretty telling)

Throw characters into trouble and let them figure out how to deal with it naturally. I usually like talking OOC to have "what is the next thing that will happen" to let it flow naturally in the RP, for example if they're traveling in the wild "ok so what if they come across a flimsy bridge? / Oh what if it Breaks with them on it? / Yeah!" And then let the outcome play out naturally.

Being ghosted on is probably obvious, but I can get Really excited about it, so if someone needs a break or things are getting boring, or they want to stop it, I'd rather they tell me about it. In the RP itself, besides obvious godmodding, pretty much whenever someone tries to twist the character (especially others') into something they're not just so they can do something or other

Pretty much just various OCs I'd love to use and explore more, particularly leaning more towards fantasy lately too
Original. 100%. I actively dislike doing fandom RP, at Most I might take a setting like, for example, FR, and base stuff off of that. Or for example do a DnD game on Critical Role's Exandria, but keep to yourselves instead of seeking out "Famous/Canon NPCs" type of thing. Had a whole conversation with my dnd table a little while ago about the exact same thing. It just breaks the immersion and never feels natural to me, Obviously I don't mind if others enjoy it different things for everyone, but I just can't get into it, myself.

For fandom in general, see above. But I don't mind crossovers in general, at all. My best friend and rp-partner have messed around with many funny original crossovers over the years.

When it's my turn, I'll try to reply as soon as possible. I don't mind saying that if the RP stops, it's almost always the other person that didn't reply, it's almost like a "leaving something unfinished that needs doing" feeling that I have to get to as soon as possible. I Will do multiple posts per day without an issue.
Post length wise, I do semi-lit to lit most of the time, unless there's a lot of action going on so we're doing back-and-forth quick posts. Also, obviously there's days and days, and sometimes inspiration just doesn't strike and they end shorter than I'd usually like. Since I usually play with a friend, we both understand those happen to anyone.
However, I am a very Slow Typer. If you watch me on google docs you'll get super bored. I pause between sentences a lot, I tend to forget words or stop and also to try to find out how to phrase things best, go back and forth on the text and paragraphs, especially since english isn't my first language. If my friend can whip up three to four paragraphs in 5-10 minutes, the same amount of text takes me maybe 30min sometimes even a hour.

I've grown to avoid multiple people RPs unless they're with friends because I've seen too many stop and be abandoned because of one person involved so they make me a little wary.
Other than that, I just ask that the person be a little considerate that I might mess up some grammar things. I try my best, and I've gotten better over time, but English is a second language and I'm self-taught. There's some things in it that trip me still to this day, that are "basic" grammar (like I still might mix up men/man or in/on), and I don't always want to stop and google the right grammar or that will slow me down even more. Sometimes friends take the time to point it out, and I appreciate it, but I don't Expect that from a RP partner, just that they be understanding about it.

I Love fantasy and sci-fi RPs, and the wild crazy things that can happen, and I also really like taking those kind of characters and having them deal with daily stuff, like in urban fantasy. Having magical characters do mundane stuff is fun, but regular mundane characters doing regular mundane stuff isn't attractive to me in a RP, if that makes sense?

Original Fantasy worlds, Sci-fi, and for Urban Fantasy, magic is hidden is fun but I LOVE "magic is a normal thing in the world everyone knows about" settings even more.

7. Romance or no? XD
I'm fine with romance and it can be fun, if it feels natural, and can even ship certain characters and nudge them towards each other. But twisting upside down the whole thing just so two people get together even though it doesn't seem like the characters would is eh. (Not that they can't grow to enjoy each other's company, but usually the difference is pretty telling)

Throw characters into trouble and let them figure out how to deal with it naturally. I usually like talking OOC to have "what is the next thing that will happen" to let it flow naturally in the RP, for example if they're traveling in the wild "ok so what if they come across a flimsy bridge? / Oh what if it Breaks with them on it? / Yeah!" And then let the outcome play out naturally.

Being ghosted on is probably obvious, but I can get Really excited about it, so if someone needs a break or things are getting boring, or they want to stop it, I'd rather they tell me about it. In the RP itself, besides obvious godmodding, pretty much whenever someone tries to twist the character (especially others') into something they're not just so they can do something or other

Pretty much just various OCs I'd love to use and explore more, particularly leaning more towards fantasy lately too
Wy0IOy1.png
Original rp please! I don't really like roleplaying fandom stuff- and the things I tend to know really well I also don't talk about too often!
For the few times I've done it, not really!
Match post length, I tend to be descriptive with my own characters and partially on scenery? If I get really into it I can write longer than that, although a lot of the time if I don't get invested I may just match about the same amount. It really depends on how I'm feeling about the roleplay as a whole.
No roleplays in DMs for the most part, or on some sites I keep away from forum rp! I tend to forget about answering my DM roleplays all the time, but for some sites I just always forget to check back on forums! (usually those without a ping feature).
Fantasy! I'm a big animal roleplayer, so as long as I can play something with an animalistic head I'm happy! Those don't always work in a more realistic setting of course, although they could work in a mixture of the two?
As long as I can play an animal, LITERALLY ANYTHING. I'm open to basically any roleplay settings or styles!! I do tend to play a lot of modern/medieval ones though.
7. Romance or no? XD
Nope. I'm bad at it, it's awkward, and if I do end up doing romance in a roleplay, I would really prefer it to be something slow burn! Sometimes my characters just don't end up liking yours first thing- and it's weird when a faster romance needs me to change their minds really quickly.
Worldbuilding! If we work to create something interesting and different, and the roleplay actually starts, we'll have a great time! I love creating new species and cultures, and other people willing to do that sort of thing for a roleplay are amazing.
People controlling my characters. It happens rather often- saying "Your character walks into the room" or something along those lines- No? Why would they be there? You bet I'm taking them straight back out.
Something interesting- maybe a science fiction or dystopian roleplay? Or something I could use some of my more interesting OCs in and go full in with them!! Really I'm up for anything.
Original rp please! I don't really like roleplaying fandom stuff- and the things I tend to know really well I also don't talk about too often!
For the few times I've done it, not really!
Match post length, I tend to be descriptive with my own characters and partially on scenery? If I get really into it I can write longer than that, although a lot of the time if I don't get invested I may just match about the same amount. It really depends on how I'm feeling about the roleplay as a whole.
No roleplays in DMs for the most part, or on some sites I keep away from forum rp! I tend to forget about answering my DM roleplays all the time, but for some sites I just always forget to check back on forums! (usually those without a ping feature).
Fantasy! I'm a big animal roleplayer, so as long as I can play something with an animalistic head I'm happy! Those don't always work in a more realistic setting of course, although they could work in a mixture of the two?
As long as I can play an animal, LITERALLY ANYTHING. I'm open to basically any roleplay settings or styles!! I do tend to play a lot of modern/medieval ones though.
7. Romance or no? XD
Nope. I'm bad at it, it's awkward, and if I do end up doing romance in a roleplay, I would really prefer it to be something slow burn! Sometimes my characters just don't end up liking yours first thing- and it's weird when a faster romance needs me to change their minds really quickly.
Worldbuilding! If we work to create something interesting and different, and the roleplay actually starts, we'll have a great time! I love creating new species and cultures, and other people willing to do that sort of thing for a roleplay are amazing.
People controlling my characters. It happens rather often- saying "Your character walks into the room" or something along those lines- No? Why would they be there? You bet I'm taking them straight back out.
Something interesting- maybe a science fiction or dystopian roleplay? Or something I could use some of my more interesting OCs in and go full in with them!! Really I'm up for anything.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Haven't RP'd on FR in a long time, as I was quite busy IRL for a good few months, but I RP plenty on Discord and could commit to ones here now that I've more time, I think!

Both, 50/50. Sometimes I'll even take an OC of mine and make an AU where they fit into a fandom.

I have in the past, but it can be difficult to pull off if both parties aren't familiar with all the series involved.

I prefer mirroring my partners, lean towards writing paragraphs though. I am adaptive.

If someone is searching for romance right off of the bat, I am not interested. It's OK if characters are physically attracted to each other initially, but an actual relationship is just too awkward.

5. Do you prefer fantasy, more realistic stuff, or enjoy mixing both?
Absolute sucker for fantasy. Slice of life has its place, but like, you wanna write about monster hunters? Magic casters? Dragons? Sign me up!

6. What are your favored settings?
High fantasy. If I had to pick a real settings though, probably modern or semi-modern day.

7. Romance or no?
Romance can be developed, but only after our characters get to know each other more. I don't go into an RP expecting romance.

8. What is something you really enjoy in a RP?
I love how it helps me further develop my characters. In some cases, I actually learn more about my characters thanks to them getting put in situations I wouldn't think to ever throw them into.

When someone's character comes on to mine, really hard. Kinda like trying to force a pairing, if that makes sense. I've dropped entire RPs because my disinterest with it expressed OoCly, was ignored.

Any excuse to develop some OCs of mine.
So many World of Warcraft RP ideas...
Anyone interested in those things should probably just PM me, I don't want to clog up the thread.

As for Flight Rising RPs:
Faolan exploring the outside world... Making friends, encountering enemies, any of that good stuff!
Jasper making a friend.
Really, anything to develop my dragons here.

I hope you find what you're looking for, kyrin!

Haven't RP'd on FR in a long time, as I was quite busy IRL for a good few months, but I RP plenty on Discord and could commit to ones here now that I've more time, I think!

Both, 50/50. Sometimes I'll even take an OC of mine and make an AU where they fit into a fandom.

I have in the past, but it can be difficult to pull off if both parties aren't familiar with all the series involved.

I prefer mirroring my partners, lean towards writing paragraphs though. I am adaptive.

If someone is searching for romance right off of the bat, I am not interested. It's OK if characters are physically attracted to each other initially, but an actual relationship is just too awkward.

5. Do you prefer fantasy, more realistic stuff, or enjoy mixing both?
Absolute sucker for fantasy. Slice of life has its place, but like, you wanna write about monster hunters? Magic casters? Dragons? Sign me up!

6. What are your favored settings?
High fantasy. If I had to pick a real settings though, probably modern or semi-modern day.

7. Romance or no?
Romance can be developed, but only after our characters get to know each other more. I don't go into an RP expecting romance.

8. What is something you really enjoy in a RP?
I love how it helps me further develop my characters. In some cases, I actually learn more about my characters thanks to them getting put in situations I wouldn't think to ever throw them into.

When someone's character comes on to mine, really hard. Kinda like trying to force a pairing, if that makes sense. I've dropped entire RPs because my disinterest with it expressed OoCly, was ignored.

Any excuse to develop some OCs of mine.
So many World of Warcraft RP ideas...
Anyone interested in those things should probably just PM me, I don't want to clog up the thread.

As for Flight Rising RPs:
Faolan exploring the outside world... Making friends, encountering enemies, any of that good stuff!
Jasper making a friend.
Really, anything to develop my dragons here.

I hope you find what you're looking for, kyrin!

Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
both. i have a lot of fandom-specific ocs, i guess. i've always found it easiest to make versatile ones, though. i don't do many canon characters.

not really? i occasionally swap my original characters between prompts, or combine them. in the rare chance i rp a canon character, i may bring them into an au prompt.

depends. sometimes it's just one sentence, other times it's multi-paragraph. you don't always need long rps. sometimes a single line can hit harder. i'm pretty dialogue heavy, though.

i usually take a glance over the characters already made. if they're all extremely generic, or not diverse, i leave. i personally also avoid asterisk rps.. just not my thing.

both. my personal favourite is a sci-fi fantasy blend. however, i like to add the realism of "these people have emotions and lives outside of adventure".

either "isolated, set back in time area" or futuristic.

7. Romance or no? XD
if it works well, yes. but, i don't just make characters for romance.

characters with actual depth, and less generic backstories. i also love to see representation. finally, interesting powers, but with limitations.

nothing against mary-sues, they have their places, but i can't stand characters that can do literally anything in group rps. feel free to use them in your own stories, but i personally feel that an rp is defined by the characters at their lowest.

i used to run a star wars rp, that was actually quite fun. i've started to write on my own, though. haven't found a group like that in a long time. (i mean, i'm open to discord rps.. if anything above is interesting. contact if interested, i suppose?)
both. i have a lot of fandom-specific ocs, i guess. i've always found it easiest to make versatile ones, though. i don't do many canon characters.

not really? i occasionally swap my original characters between prompts, or combine them. in the rare chance i rp a canon character, i may bring them into an au prompt.

depends. sometimes it's just one sentence, other times it's multi-paragraph. you don't always need long rps. sometimes a single line can hit harder. i'm pretty dialogue heavy, though.

i usually take a glance over the characters already made. if they're all extremely generic, or not diverse, i leave. i personally also avoid asterisk rps.. just not my thing.

both. my personal favourite is a sci-fi fantasy blend. however, i like to add the realism of "these people have emotions and lives outside of adventure".

either "isolated, set back in time area" or futuristic.

7. Romance or no? XD
if it works well, yes. but, i don't just make characters for romance.

characters with actual depth, and less generic backstories. i also love to see representation. finally, interesting powers, but with limitations.

nothing against mary-sues, they have their places, but i can't stand characters that can do literally anything in group rps. feel free to use them in your own stories, but i personally feel that an rp is defined by the characters at their lowest.

i used to run a star wars rp, that was actually quite fun. i've started to write on my own, though. haven't found a group like that in a long time. (i mean, i'm open to discord rps.. if anything above is interesting. contact if interested, i suppose?)
[CONSUME]
-
KYZER
IT/ITS
FR+3
.......................................................................................................PicsArt_10-14-12.46.37.png