Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Horizon: Forbidden West
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
[quote name="finnamony" date="2023-04-21 06:35:58" ] dammmmm [/quote] That's what I mentally said, too.
finnamony wrote on 2023-04-21 06:35:58:
dammmmm
That's what I mentally said, too.
Hi, I'm Elisha. If I don't respond, I'm not trying to ignore you; I just don't know what to say sometimes. a bit of empty space to scoot the image over if you need Moonlit Caverns Hatchery ZSYPjY6.png
[quote name="finnamony" date="2023-04-21 06:35:58" ] [quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2023-04-20 12:58:33" ] [quote name="EL1SHA" date="2023-04-19 17:56:05" ] "more official merch than necessary" Now that ain't true! There's no such thing as more than necessary.. maybe?? [/quote] Does the $1400 statue count [/quote] dammmmm [/quote] [url=https://www.prime1studio.com/hzd-stalker-upmhzd-02.html]The statue in question.[/url] It's technically 1200 but the shipping made it around 1400.
finnamony wrote on 2023-04-21 06:35:58:
Sinnabelle wrote on 2023-04-20 12:58:33:
EL1SHA wrote on 2023-04-19 17:56:05:
"more official merch than necessary" Now that ain't true! There's no such thing as more than necessary.. maybe??
Does the $1400 statue count
dammmmm
The statue in question. It's technically 1200 but the shipping made it around 1400.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="@MyHartWillDrogon" date="2023-04-20 22:14:27" ] I'll just say getting back onto the waterwing in water is very awkward because youre just like "come back here, you little sh--" you just have to sorta wait till it swims near you for you to get back on. [/quote] so just as awkward as a sunwing. I have to sometimes wait for the guy to land before I can hop on, lmao.
@MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2023-04-20 22:14:27:
I'll just say getting back onto the waterwing in water is very awkward because youre just like "come back here, you little sh--" you just have to sorta wait till it swims near you for you to get back on.
so just as awkward as a sunwing. I have to sometimes wait for the guy to land before I can hop on, lmao.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2023-04-21 12:43:22" ] [quote name="@/MyHartWillDrogon" date="2023-04-20 22:14:27" ] I'll just say getting back onto the waterwing in water is very awkward because youre just like "come back here, you little sh--" you just have to sorta wait till it swims near you for you to get back on. [/quote] so just as awkward as a sunwing. I have to sometimes wait for the guy to land before I can hop on, lmao. [/quote] I can guarantee that it is much worse. Because he will swim away from you. He will hop out of the water sometimes too. Like, CAN YOU JUST COME HERE.
Sinnabelle wrote on 2023-04-21 12:43:22:
@/MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2023-04-20 22:14:27:
I'll just say getting back onto the waterwing in water is very awkward because youre just like "come back here, you little sh--" you just have to sorta wait till it swims near you for you to get back on.
so just as awkward as a sunwing. I have to sometimes wait for the guy to land before I can hop on, lmao.

I can guarantee that it is much worse. Because he will swim away from you. He will hop out of the water sometimes too. Like, CAN YOU JUST COME HERE.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
@MyHartWillDrogon
LOL can't wait to experience that the first time and enjoy it and then be annoying after the 2nd. xD
I might be able to play some HFW tonight and finish main campaign to start DLC. My hands no longer feel pain. I'm excited. :D

Also, question (putting it in spoilers just in case) : Is the DLC a separate map like how they did the beginning with the tutorial area and meridian, or is it connected to the main map?
@MyHartWillDrogon
LOL can't wait to experience that the first time and enjoy it and then be annoying after the 2nd. xD
I might be able to play some HFW tonight and finish main campaign to start DLC. My hands no longer feel pain. I'm excited. :D

Also, question (putting it in spoilers just in case) : Is the DLC a separate map like how they did the beginning with the tutorial area and meridian, or is it connected to the main map?
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
[quote name="Sinnabelle" date="2023-04-21 14:11:02" ] @/MyHartWillDrogon LOL can't wait to experience that the first time and enjoy it and then be annoying after the 2nd. xD I might be able to play some HFW tonight and finish main campaign to start DLC. My hands no longer feel pain. I'm excited. :D Also, question (putting it in spoilers just in case) : Is the DLC a separate map like how they did the beginning with the tutorial area and meridian, or is it connected to the main map? [/quote] Its a bit beneath the Zenith base, separated. I think if you fly in that general direction, it might take you there but I havent tested that.
Sinnabelle wrote on 2023-04-21 14:11:02:
@/MyHartWillDrogon

Its a bit beneath the Zenith base, separated. I think if you fly in that general direction, it might take you there but I havent tested that.
OK I HAVE RETURNED. ALSO THE OST FOR BURNING SHORES WAS RELEASED TODAY.

I wasn't actually able to play BS until the carpal tunnel in my hands (yes both my hands got it at the same time what luck) were fully healed. But I finally was able to play it about 2 weeks ago and finished it last week. Didn't have the energy to talk about it yet until now, so that's why it's been awhile!

It's a lot I'm sorry lol

I'm not gonna lie, the only real highlight for me in this entire DLC was my man, Gildun. I knew we were going to meet him but where I didn't know and doing the relic ruin and hearing his cry for help had me cry happiness. I missed him so much! His story was heartbreaking. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth so I chose the lie. Though I watched someone else stream the game and they chose the Fist option, which actually worked out better writing-wise. Still, it hurt to see him sad.

The horus fight was amazing. The music during the whole quest was amazing. I wish the outside-half lasted longer though. The inside-horus fight with Walter(?) was easy to figure out in the first 2 minutes. Pro tip: Shield drop(?) is your best friend here.

Although we didn't get to see Brin there is an area that marks he was at the Burning Shores. If you haven't found it, it's somewhere north east of the map I believe.

I wish we got to know more about Walter's wife, Evelyn. She seemed decent (despite her cheating but maybe because..walter was a dingus to her?) and we only ever got Walter's POV of her.

Flying through the clouds is super relaxing btw.

Gameplay:

the Spike Thrower you get after completing A Friend in the Dark is stupidly OP. Though my OP weapon of choice is the legendary NG+ warrior bow with 5 elite crit coils added to it combined with that new valor which increases damage to warrior bows. Yes, I'm going to admit, I did the arena mod-duplication exploit for lots of elite coils.
But really, on Very Hard (or enemy health on VH for me), I can melt any heavy-weight machine in under 30 seconds. Sometimes 10. This is where smoke bombs come in VERY handy too. Aaand during another playthrough last night, I managed to destroy Erik on the final main campaign within 15-20 seconds. :D

If y'all want any tips, I'm happy to share them. Unfortunately my tips come with using the exploit so... //shrug

I also enjoy the grapple strike skill. Used it more than I thought I would. It's so cool!

The dyes and face paints:

Calm Shoals is my top favourite dye to use on the Quen armor. and the Imperial Gold looks good on the Quen Deadeye; I think that armor's called. And I love the new Zenith face paints and Pangea Forever Also it's really cool they added in the pre-order outfit from HZD in this DLC. I didn't even know that's what it was until someone pointed it out. I think it looks gorgeous with the red, purple, and teal (frozen wilds) dyes.

Aloy's story:
My personal ship has sunk but that's ok! I'm glad Aloy finally found someone who is her equal and a perfect match. I chose the heart option 'cause I wanted to see the kissy, hehe. The music playing the background was beautiful too. BUT... now please don't hate me but I felt like the story for them both was rushed a bit? I get it's a DLC and not a lot of time could be put into it writing-wise but I feel like if we got maybe one or two more quests before the Horus fight, her romance story with Seyka could've been fleshed out better.

Anyway, I hope we get to see more of their time together in the third game. ^^ I'm so proud of Aloy, she has really grown up. ;v;

OK I HAVE RETURNED. ALSO THE OST FOR BURNING SHORES WAS RELEASED TODAY.

I wasn't actually able to play BS until the carpal tunnel in my hands (yes both my hands got it at the same time what luck) were fully healed. But I finally was able to play it about 2 weeks ago and finished it last week. Didn't have the energy to talk about it yet until now, so that's why it's been awhile!

It's a lot I'm sorry lol

I'm not gonna lie, the only real highlight for me in this entire DLC was my man, Gildun. I knew we were going to meet him but where I didn't know and doing the relic ruin and hearing his cry for help had me cry happiness. I missed him so much! His story was heartbreaking. I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth so I chose the lie. Though I watched someone else stream the game and they chose the Fist option, which actually worked out better writing-wise. Still, it hurt to see him sad.

The horus fight was amazing. The music during the whole quest was amazing. I wish the outside-half lasted longer though. The inside-horus fight with Walter(?) was easy to figure out in the first 2 minutes. Pro tip: Shield drop(?) is your best friend here.

Although we didn't get to see Brin there is an area that marks he was at the Burning Shores. If you haven't found it, it's somewhere north east of the map I believe.

I wish we got to know more about Walter's wife, Evelyn. She seemed decent (despite her cheating but maybe because..walter was a dingus to her?) and we only ever got Walter's POV of her.

Flying through the clouds is super relaxing btw.

Gameplay:

the Spike Thrower you get after completing A Friend in the Dark is stupidly OP. Though my OP weapon of choice is the legendary NG+ warrior bow with 5 elite crit coils added to it combined with that new valor which increases damage to warrior bows. Yes, I'm going to admit, I did the arena mod-duplication exploit for lots of elite coils.
But really, on Very Hard (or enemy health on VH for me), I can melt any heavy-weight machine in under 30 seconds. Sometimes 10. This is where smoke bombs come in VERY handy too. Aaand during another playthrough last night, I managed to destroy Erik on the final main campaign within 15-20 seconds. :D

If y'all want any tips, I'm happy to share them. Unfortunately my tips come with using the exploit so... //shrug

I also enjoy the grapple strike skill. Used it more than I thought I would. It's so cool!

The dyes and face paints:

Calm Shoals is my top favourite dye to use on the Quen armor. and the Imperial Gold looks good on the Quen Deadeye; I think that armor's called. And I love the new Zenith face paints and Pangea Forever Also it's really cool they added in the pre-order outfit from HZD in this DLC. I didn't even know that's what it was until someone pointed it out. I think it looks gorgeous with the red, purple, and teal (frozen wilds) dyes.

Aloy's story:
My personal ship has sunk but that's ok! I'm glad Aloy finally found someone who is her equal and a perfect match. I chose the heart option 'cause I wanted to see the kissy, hehe. The music playing the background was beautiful too. BUT... now please don't hate me but I felt like the story for them both was rushed a bit? I get it's a DLC and not a lot of time could be put into it writing-wise but I feel like if we got maybe one or two more quests before the Horus fight, her romance story with Seyka could've been fleshed out better.

Anyway, I hope we get to see more of their time together in the third game. ^^ I'm so proud of Aloy, she has really grown up. ;v;

Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
@Sinnabelle WELCOME BACK LOL

I'm feeling too lazy to look into the spoilers tho.. maybe next time XD.
@Sinnabelle WELCOME BACK LOL

I'm feeling too lazy to look into the spoilers tho.. maybe next time XD.
Hi, I'm Elisha. If I don't respond, I'm not trying to ignore you; I just don't know what to say sometimes. a bit of empty space to scoot the image over if you need Moonlit Caverns Hatchery ZSYPjY6.png
I started a newgame+ and i feel like i now have no need for actual weapons when i can just use the new zenith weapon. like bows who?
I started a newgame+ and i feel like i now have no need for actual weapons when i can just use the new zenith weapon. like bows who?
@MyHartWillDrogon

For real, it's so cool! I use it sometimes but I still use warrior bow since it's so fast at killing machines. xD I should try getting more used to the zenith weapon tho! It's also aesthetically pleasing to look at lol.
I also like how it just vanishes when she's done using it
@MyHartWillDrogon

For real, it's so cool! I use it sometimes but I still use warrior bow since it's so fast at killing machines. xD I should try getting more used to the zenith weapon tho! It's also aesthetically pleasing to look at lol.
I also like how it just vanishes when she's done using it
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65