Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I'm so tired.
1 2
For about two months I was sleeping more than I was awake. It was horrible. Never wish for more sleep, it sucks, and you get real tired (haha) of it, real fast.

Had to get off 5 different medications to help, but now I sleep just enough. Can't sleep in anymore, and I'm usually up 'till 2 or 3, and I wake up at 8. =\

tl;dr: sleep is a fickle thing.
For about two months I was sleeping more than I was awake. It was horrible. Never wish for more sleep, it sucks, and you get real tired (haha) of it, real fast.

Had to get off 5 different medications to help, but now I sleep just enough. Can't sleep in anymore, and I'm usually up 'till 2 or 3, and I wake up at 8. =\

tl;dr: sleep is a fickle thing.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
When I was around seven, I went through a year or so of insomnia. It was absolutely miserable for both me and my parents, and nothing we tried really helped. It just had to go away on its own. Sometimes I still can't sleep if I'm having a bad OCD/anxiety night, but those times are much rarer now than they once were. There are also times when I stay up late working on homework, but that's more of a necessity than an inability to sleep.
When I was around seven, I went through a year or so of insomnia. It was absolutely miserable for both me and my parents, and nothing we tried really helped. It just had to go away on its own. Sometimes I still can't sleep if I'm having a bad OCD/anxiety night, but those times are much rarer now than they once were. There are also times when I stay up late working on homework, but that's more of a necessity than an inability to sleep.
CnDLtFE.png
n4H37dx.png
GW180jv.png
LCqISMP.png
H0t7Ypl.png
wOi3Mpw.png
nnBylsC.png
J7D1quC.png
Pgv53XB.png
gziv3Ja.png
OrlEqVx.png
alMN0i2.png
DEtV6S6.png
Welp, it's 2am here so I guess right now. I've been on the forums at like 4am before too... sometimes sleep just doesn't happen.

My house only got air conditioning a couple years ago, and it gets pretty hot in the summer here so there'd be at least a few weeks every year when it was too hot for me to sleep much. I also struggle getting to sleep if I'm cold (and don't produce enough body heat to actually warm my blankets up) but I recently discovered that sticking a heating pad under the covers with me is the absolute best thing ever.

But if you are having trouble sleeping, it actually does help to just lie there quietly with your eyes closed. You're still resting even if you're not asleep.
Of course that might be difficult if the thing keeping you from sleeping is anxiety or something and trying to lie in bed quietly just gives your brain free rein to go over every horrible thing ever. Something that sometimes works for me is playing a moderately boring podcast or one I've heard before. It gives me something external to focus on without actually keeping me engaged enough to stay awake.
Welp, it's 2am here so I guess right now. I've been on the forums at like 4am before too... sometimes sleep just doesn't happen.

My house only got air conditioning a couple years ago, and it gets pretty hot in the summer here so there'd be at least a few weeks every year when it was too hot for me to sleep much. I also struggle getting to sleep if I'm cold (and don't produce enough body heat to actually warm my blankets up) but I recently discovered that sticking a heating pad under the covers with me is the absolute best thing ever.

But if you are having trouble sleeping, it actually does help to just lie there quietly with your eyes closed. You're still resting even if you're not asleep.
Of course that might be difficult if the thing keeping you from sleeping is anxiety or something and trying to lie in bed quietly just gives your brain free rein to go over every horrible thing ever. Something that sometimes works for me is playing a moderately boring podcast or one I've heard before. It gives me something external to focus on without actually keeping me engaged enough to stay awake.
yWVIirM.png
Whenever I have something to do early the next day, and I genuinely try to sleep, I never can. I'll just lay there, tossing and turning for hours, slipping in and out of awareness, but never sleeping. Only getting up and doing something can break the cycle.

Sometimes, I'll be tired - eyes fluttering, head falling in exhaustion - but the stress and anxiety of what's happening the next day will make me procrastinate going to bed. I've stayed up until 5-6AM and watched in horror as the sun rose, knowing full-well that I had to be somewhere in less than three hours. It's interesting to see how increasingly paranoid I get as the night goes on. Not fun by any means, but interesting.

I feel like I do the latter because it gives me some false sense of control over the situation. As if somehow, my refusal of rest is giving me power, when in reality it's just sabotaging my future self. Whatever the reason, it's a habit I've been trying to break.

That being said, here I am, at 2:30AM, and tired as all heck. I think now is a good time for me to sleep. ovo"
Whenever I have something to do early the next day, and I genuinely try to sleep, I never can. I'll just lay there, tossing and turning for hours, slipping in and out of awareness, but never sleeping. Only getting up and doing something can break the cycle.

Sometimes, I'll be tired - eyes fluttering, head falling in exhaustion - but the stress and anxiety of what's happening the next day will make me procrastinate going to bed. I've stayed up until 5-6AM and watched in horror as the sun rose, knowing full-well that I had to be somewhere in less than three hours. It's interesting to see how increasingly paranoid I get as the night goes on. Not fun by any means, but interesting.

I feel like I do the latter because it gives me some false sense of control over the situation. As if somehow, my refusal of rest is giving me power, when in reality it's just sabotaging my future self. Whatever the reason, it's a habit I've been trying to break.

That being said, here I am, at 2:30AM, and tired as all heck. I think now is a good time for me to sleep. ovo"
Dez - No pronouns - 23 - FR+0
1 2