Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any classic anime fans?
1 2
I've been binging City Hunter and tbh I think that 80's and early 90's was prime time for the style. Anyone else a big fan like me? I wanna know if you have any suggestions!
I've been binging City Hunter and tbh I think that 80's and early 90's was prime time for the style. Anyone else a big fan like me? I wanna know if you have any suggestions!
Z3Lt3uB.png
Neon Genesis Evangelion is really good. Dark, sometimes kinda confusing but really good. (I do recommend the original show for the full experience but the Netflix adaptation is decent too)
Neon Genesis Evangelion is really good. Dark, sometimes kinda confusing but really good. (I do recommend the original show for the full experience but the Netflix adaptation is decent too)
Yes, my lair is a thematic mess but I like all of the flights. And yes, I will name those dragons at some point

3B15OeM.png
HouhGS9.png4SzSxLW.pngMUYNhfy.png
YMPbu9R.png
@lazyskeleton
I've watched and rewatched that series and it's entirety so many times!! It's a very big favorite of mine
@lazyskeleton
I've watched and rewatched that series and it's entirety so many times!! It's a very big favorite of mine
Z3Lt3uB.png
My kind of stuff! My best recommendations based on what I've watched are Lupin the III, Robot Carnival, Jin-Roh, Cowboy Bebop, Galaxy Express 999, Robotech, and Guyver: Biobooster Armor. Another really good one is Akira though I've only been able to see the dub which is pretty rough, but I have also heard good things about Rurouni Kenshin. If you don't mind earlier and kinda cornier shows, the Astroboy series is great.
My kind of stuff! My best recommendations based on what I've watched are Lupin the III, Robot Carnival, Jin-Roh, Cowboy Bebop, Galaxy Express 999, Robotech, and Guyver: Biobooster Armor. Another really good one is Akira though I've only been able to see the dub which is pretty rough, but I have also heard good things about Rurouni Kenshin. If you don't mind earlier and kinda cornier shows, the Astroboy series is great.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Rose of Versailles from the 70s is one of my all time favorites, ever. Also enjoyed the original Mobile Suit Gundam from the 70s. For the 80s, Bubblegum Crash and Bubblegum Crisis. 90s, Sailor Moon, YuYu Hakusho (though I love the feature film more than the series), Evangelion, Cardcaptor Sakura, SLAYERS (such, such a favorite), Shinesman, Fushigi Yuugi, Weiss Kreuz, Tenchi Muyo/Universe, Escaflowne (though I've only seen about half of it), Magic Knight Rayearth, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gundam Wing, and Tokyo Babylon. My tastes are more maho shoujo, or geared toward girls, but I love mech battles as well.
Rose of Versailles from the 70s is one of my all time favorites, ever. Also enjoyed the original Mobile Suit Gundam from the 70s. For the 80s, Bubblegum Crash and Bubblegum Crisis. 90s, Sailor Moon, YuYu Hakusho (though I love the feature film more than the series), Evangelion, Cardcaptor Sakura, SLAYERS (such, such a favorite), Shinesman, Fushigi Yuugi, Weiss Kreuz, Tenchi Muyo/Universe, Escaflowne (though I've only seen about half of it), Magic Knight Rayearth, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gundam Wing, and Tokyo Babylon. My tastes are more maho shoujo, or geared toward girls, but I love mech battles as well.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
@RidleeKi AKIRA IS SO GOOD SJSKKNSKJX

I loved it so much, and Cowboy Bebop too is so incredible;; another favorite of mine is YuYu Hakusho!
@RidleeKi AKIRA IS SO GOOD SJSKKNSKJX

I loved it so much, and Cowboy Bebop too is so incredible;; another favorite of mine is YuYu Hakusho!
Z3Lt3uB.png
I like the way you think. I will always prefer the golden oldies.

Since other people beat me to the punch with some of the recommendations (*coughAKIRAcough*), I'll suggest a few that haven't been mentioned yet. Ultimately, it just depends on what your tastes are.

Movies: Ghost in the Shell, Neo-Tokyo, Space Adventure Cobra, Grave of the Fireflies, Memories, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D
TV: Berserk, Ashita no Joe, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Trigun, Astro Boy, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and (my personal favorite) Fist of the North Star
I like the way you think. I will always prefer the golden oldies.

Since other people beat me to the punch with some of the recommendations (*coughAKIRAcough*), I'll suggest a few that haven't been mentioned yet. Ultimately, it just depends on what your tastes are.

Movies: Ghost in the Shell, Neo-Tokyo, Space Adventure Cobra, Grave of the Fireflies, Memories, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D
TV: Berserk, Ashita no Joe, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Trigun, Astro Boy, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and (my personal favorite) Fist of the North Star
23826.png7103.png23828.png
Hellsing, although I'd recommend watching the Ultimate version.

Basilisk, some elements of which were said to have inspired Naruto. It's a little depressing, though and for more mature audiences.

Gundam Seed was also favorite of mine back then.

Ranma 1/2 was a good old romcom.
Hellsing, although I'd recommend watching the Ultimate version.

Basilisk, some elements of which were said to have inspired Naruto. It's a little depressing, though and for more mature audiences.

Gundam Seed was also favorite of mine back then.

Ranma 1/2 was a good old romcom.
Vj90o7H.png
Quote:
Ronin Warriors.
Quote:
Ronin Warriors.
At least you walked a lonely road and gave it a friend.
Dirty Pair is fun
Dirty Pair is fun
1 2