Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Interesting video game osts
1 2 3 4
the Fallout New Vegas main theme is so good and part of the reason I fell in love with this game immediately.
Fallout 3's main theme is also pretty good, and brings back fond memories of the game. prefer it over Fallout 4's version despite them being pretty much the same.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate-Jokes Jokes Jokes is another favourite of mine.
also don't know if it really counts but the fan-made remake Fallout 4 New Vegas' main theme is really good. I can't wait until the mod comes out.
the Fallout New Vegas main theme is so good and part of the reason I fell in love with this game immediately.
Fallout 3's main theme is also pretty good, and brings back fond memories of the game. prefer it over Fallout 4's version despite them being pretty much the same.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate-Jokes Jokes Jokes is another favourite of mine.
also don't know if it really counts but the fan-made remake Fallout 4 New Vegas' main theme is really good. I can't wait until the mod comes out.
"Oh, I don't know, I was really hoping for a huge sign on the wall saying 'Kryx's Legacy Clues Here!'"
Final Fantasy 12 has by far my overall favorite OST ever, and Zodiac Age just went and made it better. A lot of people don't really care for the game but the music should at least be appreciated if you can't appreciate the game itself, I think!

I realize this sounds like a joke but the OST for the old PS2 video game tie-in/prequel for Lilo and Stitch is actually really good. Thanks to the comments I found out that the OST for Shadow the Hedgehog is ALSO good lmao

Some visual novels I've come across have some pretty sweet music as well. I'm not gonna link or name them due to content reasons and FR's rules but I do want to mention it as something I wasn't expecting.
Final Fantasy 12 has by far my overall favorite OST ever, and Zodiac Age just went and made it better. A lot of people don't really care for the game but the music should at least be appreciated if you can't appreciate the game itself, I think!

I realize this sounds like a joke but the OST for the old PS2 video game tie-in/prequel for Lilo and Stitch is actually really good. Thanks to the comments I found out that the OST for Shadow the Hedgehog is ALSO good lmao

Some visual novels I've come across have some pretty sweet music as well. I'm not gonna link or name them due to content reasons and FR's rules but I do want to mention it as something I wasn't expecting.
mpH03tZ.png
Hange :: they/them :: World's Okayest Librarian

The FreaksTM will inherit the Earth, the Internet was ours first.
Smash that block button if you think people can't ship, write, draw, watch or read whatever they want.
Heat up from Danganronpa is good!
Heat up from Danganronpa is good!
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pnglgbtq_support_small.png
the [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfPsOZwQk7KXqgzFgyYxjtHFT_9K05oIC]we know the devil ost[/url] is genuinely one of my favourite game soundtracks. i'd say it's definitely an acquired taste but it's really interesting to listen to and fits the theme of the game [i]perfectly[/i] as well i'd definitely say [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpJl5XaLHtLX-pDk4kctGxtF4nq6BIyjg]undertale[/url] and [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhFC8pd7oZvwJYhjmpZVyaKG7CUNoVvae]crypt of the necrodancer[/url] have some real good tunes [emoji=music notes size=1]
the we know the devil ost is genuinely one of my favourite game soundtracks. i'd say it's definitely an acquired taste but it's really interesting to listen to and fits the theme of the game perfectly
as well i'd definitely say undertale and crypt of the necrodancer have some real good tunes
bee | he/she/they
+17 fr time
I utterly adore Xenoblade Chronicles's ost. I often end up listening to the main title theme at least once through whenever I go to play the game. It's just so good, and it makes the game really relaxing to play when I just go do sidequests instead of trying to advance the plot.

I really like a lot of FFXV's ost as well, and anything from the Legend of Zelda.
I utterly adore Xenoblade Chronicles's ost. I often end up listening to the main title theme at least once through whenever I go to play the game. It's just so good, and it makes the game really relaxing to play when I just go do sidequests instead of trying to advance the plot.

I really like a lot of FFXV's ost as well, and anything from the Legend of Zelda.
dcwepb7-0f92573a-6b63-487b-954f-c478657c2d3f.png!o3rXXkG.gif
hi i'm a big fan of lena raine and christopher larkin
the ost for celeste, chicory: a colourful tale and hollow knight are great
hi i'm a big fan of lena raine and christopher larkin
the ost for celeste, chicory: a colourful tale and hollow knight are great
XgFzLz3.gif
I freaking love luigis mansion theme
I freaking love luigis mansion theme
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
I don’t play Persona 5 but the soundtrack is amazing. I love Rivers in the Desert.
I like Animal Crossing’s music. Also Stardew Valley’s OST!
I don’t play Persona 5 but the soundtrack is amazing. I love Rivers in the Desert.
I like Animal Crossing’s music. Also Stardew Valley’s OST!
2387888.png2387695.png2434632.png
OH BOY. If there was ever one topic to get me absolutely gushing, it's videogame soundtrack. Brace yourself for... well, gushing. XD

So some of my favourite soundtracks already mentioned aside (those being Bravely Default, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Darkest Dungeon), I've found Monster Hunter: World to have a fair few spectacular tracks. The battle themes for the Wildspire Waste and Rotten Vale are particular standouts.

One can hardly talk about a game with a great soundtrack without mentioning Crypt of the NecroDancer, where in a sense the game is the soundtrack! All the songs have a delightful driving beat that's great to help you keep in time. My personal favourites are probably Mausoleum Mash, The Wight to Remain and Last Dance.

On the topic of music with a great beat and a lot of energy, the Splatoon series has a fair few pretty strong tracks, Calamari Inkantation, Fly Octo Fly//Ebb and Flow are some notable examples from the story mode, though just in general it has a peppy soundtrack that fits the game brilliantly.

Dead Cells also has a stellar soundtrack, with my personal favourite from that game being The Temple.

For consistently good soundtrack, the Etrian Odyssey series has some pretty great music that's delightfully intense and I guess orchestral rock for the battle themes? It's very nice, and the dungeon themes are pretty good too. Some notable tracks are Destruction Begets Decay, The End of Raging Winds and Woodlands of Frozen Flowers

For something a tad more dramatic, the 3DS Fire Emblem games had very strong soundtracks, regardless of what one may think about the quality of the games themselves. FE: Awakening brought us such gems as all the variations of the 'Id' theme (Id (Purpose) is likely the most recognisable, while Id (Sorrow) may be my personal favourite) while pretty much all of the map/battle themes were pretty great. Fates brought such gems as No Justice (Fire) with those bagpipes, while Justice RIP (Storm) is a great contrast between the frantic drums and the slower melody. Alight(Storm) was a wow moment for me when I first heard it in-game. After hearing it in the trailer and loving what little snippet I got, the music left my mind as I played through Conquest. Then, when I neared the end of Birthright I heard it. I legit got chills. Shadows of Valentia had me right from the beginning, with the music used in the opening cinematic, Omen is incredible. It sets the tone for the game brilliantly, stirring up emotions before the game already begins. My favourite from this one is almost certainly The Sacrifice and the Saint, though other themes like A Song for Bygone Days and What Lies at the End.

And last of all is a track from a game that's kind of eleven songs in one, transitioning between them, and that is the Ravnica theme from Magic the Gathering: Arena. It's really, really cool in that it has a 'default' version, but it transitions to variations based on the guild-themed cards you play and it's awesome. My personal favourites are the Boros version and the Dimir version.
OH BOY. If there was ever one topic to get me absolutely gushing, it's videogame soundtrack. Brace yourself for... well, gushing. XD

So some of my favourite soundtracks already mentioned aside (those being Bravely Default, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Darkest Dungeon), I've found Monster Hunter: World to have a fair few spectacular tracks. The battle themes for the Wildspire Waste and Rotten Vale are particular standouts.

One can hardly talk about a game with a great soundtrack without mentioning Crypt of the NecroDancer, where in a sense the game is the soundtrack! All the songs have a delightful driving beat that's great to help you keep in time. My personal favourites are probably Mausoleum Mash, The Wight to Remain and Last Dance.

On the topic of music with a great beat and a lot of energy, the Splatoon series has a fair few pretty strong tracks, Calamari Inkantation, Fly Octo Fly//Ebb and Flow are some notable examples from the story mode, though just in general it has a peppy soundtrack that fits the game brilliantly.

Dead Cells also has a stellar soundtrack, with my personal favourite from that game being The Temple.

For consistently good soundtrack, the Etrian Odyssey series has some pretty great music that's delightfully intense and I guess orchestral rock for the battle themes? It's very nice, and the dungeon themes are pretty good too. Some notable tracks are Destruction Begets Decay, The End of Raging Winds and Woodlands of Frozen Flowers

For something a tad more dramatic, the 3DS Fire Emblem games had very strong soundtracks, regardless of what one may think about the quality of the games themselves. FE: Awakening brought us such gems as all the variations of the 'Id' theme (Id (Purpose) is likely the most recognisable, while Id (Sorrow) may be my personal favourite) while pretty much all of the map/battle themes were pretty great. Fates brought such gems as No Justice (Fire) with those bagpipes, while Justice RIP (Storm) is a great contrast between the frantic drums and the slower melody. Alight(Storm) was a wow moment for me when I first heard it in-game. After hearing it in the trailer and loving what little snippet I got, the music left my mind as I played through Conquest. Then, when I neared the end of Birthright I heard it. I legit got chills. Shadows of Valentia had me right from the beginning, with the music used in the opening cinematic, Omen is incredible. It sets the tone for the game brilliantly, stirring up emotions before the game already begins. My favourite from this one is almost certainly The Sacrifice and the Saint, though other themes like A Song for Bygone Days and What Lies at the End.

And last of all is a track from a game that's kind of eleven songs in one, transitioning between them, and that is the Ravnica theme from Magic the Gathering: Arena. It's really, really cool in that it has a 'default' version, but it transitions to variations based on the guild-themed cards you play and it's awesome. My personal favourites are the Boros version and the Dimir version.
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
Seeing the Miitopia ost makes me really happy, I love that game with all of my heart and although it is a bit repetitive, the music makes it a lot more enjoyable

One OST though that I consider the studying playlist ruiner is the OFF ost. Usually, I throw most of the OSTs of games I listen to into one big playlist to listen to into one playlist for convenience and easy access to different kinds of music, but I can't throw the OFF one into it or else... well... it takes knowing the music to know why it can make it hard to study

Some of the songs can be kinda unsettling and so are some of the song titles, comments most likely will contain spoilers to the game if you haven't played. However, very fun, very sad, very much kinda anxiety-inducing ost

official ost (35 videos, shorter videos)

extended ost (60 videos, includes the different versions)
Seeing the Miitopia ost makes me really happy, I love that game with all of my heart and although it is a bit repetitive, the music makes it a lot more enjoyable

One OST though that I consider the studying playlist ruiner is the OFF ost. Usually, I throw most of the OSTs of games I listen to into one big playlist to listen to into one playlist for convenience and easy access to different kinds of music, but I can't throw the OFF one into it or else... well... it takes knowing the music to know why it can make it hard to study

Some of the songs can be kinda unsettling and so are some of the song titles, comments most likely will contain spoilers to the game if you haven't played. However, very fun, very sad, very much kinda anxiety-inducing ost

official ost (35 videos, shorter videos)

extended ost (60 videos, includes the different versions)
fNNKsmQ.gif
When fall is over and the old gods shed their skin,
I’ll tear down this house of fire
and build it up again.
1 2 3 4