Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Did You Have To Learn Cursive in School?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I definitely learned it. I can still do lowercase pretty good at 29, but I forget how to do a lot of the fancier capital letters. Like...what is up with the letter S, man? It's so unnatural. But I can't deny that cursive looks pretty. xD
I definitely learned it. I can still do lowercase pretty good at 29, but I forget how to do a lot of the fancier capital letters. Like...what is up with the letter S, man? It's so unnatural. But I can't deny that cursive looks pretty. xD
Yes, I had to learn cursive and still write in it, was never an issue for me. I grew up in the 80s and 90s though and I think everyone had to in England back then?
Yes, I had to learn cursive and still write in it, was never an issue for me. I grew up in the 80s and 90s though and I think everyone had to in England back then?
I had to learn cursive in primary school lol and the kids who had super neat would get their fancy pen licences... which I never got. I also had to do a ridiculously extreme marked handwriting module for university which was hell, but at least my writing now is nice.

I'm much more comfortable writing in cursive now as I find I can write faster than doing print.
I had to learn cursive in primary school lol and the kids who had super neat would get their fancy pen licences... which I never got. I also had to do a ridiculously extreme marked handwriting module for university which was hell, but at least my writing now is nice.

I'm much more comfortable writing in cursive now as I find I can write faster than doing print.
UqHFmmO.png female | lv25s for sale
Yes, I had to learn cursive, and I prefer to write in cursive. I think it's a shame that children aren't learning it as much now. Everybody should learn it, even if it's just to know how to write a signature.
Yes, I had to learn cursive, and I prefer to write in cursive. I think it's a shame that children aren't learning it as much now. Everybody should learn it, even if it's just to know how to write a signature.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
I've been homeschooled since 2nd grade and my mom INSISTED that I learn cursive even though she never required me to write anything in it. My handwriting has always been terrible and no amount of practicing (believe me I've tried) has ever helped so my cursive is pretty much unreadable.

I still think it's a good idea to at least learn how to read it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

I've been homeschooled since 2nd grade and my mom INSISTED that I learn cursive even though she never required me to write anything in it. My handwriting has always been terrible and no amount of practicing (believe me I've tried) has ever helped so my cursive is pretty much unreadable.

I still think it's a good idea to at least learn how to read it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

c126Bzy.png
» Ducky
» they/them
» +2 FR time
» accents

I'm 34 and Canadian. Learned it around grade 3 and used it fairly regularly until I graduated High School. Don't use it anymore. I can read it and could probably still write in it fine, but I might need a refresher on capital letters.
I'm 34 and Canadian. Learned it around grade 3 and used it fairly regularly until I graduated High School. Don't use it anymore. I can read it and could probably still write in it fine, but I might need a refresher on capital letters.
I learned cursive in the 3rd grade and for a while we used it on almost everything we did. But after that we didn't use it as much and I'm not sure it's something that is still being taught where I'm at. I think it's helpful to know how to read it at the very least.
I learned cursive in the 3rd grade and for a while we used it on almost everything we did. But after that we didn't use it as much and I'm not sure it's something that is still being taught where I'm at. I think it's helpful to know how to read it at the very least.
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I did but I grew myself out of it and I'm glad I did. You can write so much quicker without it.
I did but I grew myself out of it and I'm glad I did. You can write so much quicker without it.
OjayHBU.png
Yep, primary school in Australia. But highschool... people prefer block
Yep, primary school in Australia. But highschool... people prefer block
Don't expect anything. Appreciate everything.
We only learned cursive lol. My handwriting is basically unreadable, but cursive is fast and it looks fancy. I don't like to write in block because it's slow and ugly, I usually use it just to write a few words, not walls of text, when I know other people need to be able to read it.
We only learned cursive lol. My handwriting is basically unreadable, but cursive is fast and it looks fancy. I don't like to write in block because it's slow and ugly, I usually use it just to write a few words, not walls of text, when I know other people need to be able to read it.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15