Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Gamers Unite!
1 2
Lately I just have a PS4. I used to be primarily a JRPG gamer, but after FFXV was so lacklustre compared to previous installments (great characters, beautiful world, but a thoroughly rubbish storyline and exceptionally poor worldbuilding) I've branched out a bit. Played a few of the Assassin's Creed games (started with Syndicate, which I thoroughly enjoyed and then Black Flag, which was great), The Last Guardian which is absolutely STUNNING and lately I've been poking at stuff by Rockstar. I absolutely loved Grand Theft Auto V, since it was nothing like what I expected it to be. Who'd have thought that a game most commonly associated with stealing cars and wanton violence would turn out to have the violence optional and be almost 100% character and storyline driven? I hadn't expected such depth of world building, so much flavour and so much optional stuff (especially collection quests, you give me 50 pieces of a space ship to collect and I will get those for you, my dude ... you want me to solve a murder by finding confession scraps? Let me grab those for you...) to do. Since then I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2, which has only improved on GTAV. Massive world, a big selection of great NPCs, tonnes of optional stuff to do and just ... beauty everywhere. I've never seen such a lovely game. The camera function ruins me, because this happens... [img]https://images.plurk.com/33SIiWaexpAekatwQzPnWJ.jpg[/img] Next on my list is Kingdom Hearts 3. I played all the others but after waiting 800 years between 2 and 3 (I played a handful of the little side-games but screw buying a new console for each one lol) I figured I can wait until it's £20 instead of £50.
Lately I just have a PS4.

I used to be primarily a JRPG gamer, but after FFXV was so lacklustre compared to previous installments (great characters, beautiful world, but a thoroughly rubbish storyline and exceptionally poor worldbuilding) I've branched out a bit.

Played a few of the Assassin's Creed games (started with Syndicate, which I thoroughly enjoyed and then Black Flag, which was great), The Last Guardian which is absolutely STUNNING and lately I've been poking at stuff by Rockstar.

I absolutely loved Grand Theft Auto V, since it was nothing like what I expected it to be. Who'd have thought that a game most commonly associated with stealing cars and wanton violence would turn out to have the violence optional and be almost 100% character and storyline driven? I hadn't expected such depth of world building, so much flavour and so much optional stuff (especially collection quests, you give me 50 pieces of a space ship to collect and I will get those for you, my dude ... you want me to solve a murder by finding confession scraps? Let me grab those for you...) to do.

Since then I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2, which has only improved on GTAV. Massive world, a big selection of great NPCs, tonnes of optional stuff to do and just ... beauty everywhere. I've never seen such a lovely game.

The camera function ruins me, because this happens...

33SIiWaexpAekatwQzPnWJ.jpg

Next on my list is Kingdom Hearts 3. I played all the others but after waiting 800 years between 2 and 3 (I played a handful of the little side-games but screw buying a new console for each one lol) I figured I can wait until it's £20 instead of £50.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2