Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Wasps are good
1 2 3 4 5
wasps are fine. the real monsters are BUTTERFLIES
wasps are fine. the real monsters are BUTTERFLIES
nudX0O8.png
@Tivae
nO because I don’t provoke them
@Tivae
nO because I don’t provoke them
One time in 3rd or 4th grade we were eating outside with the other classes since it was really nice out and I forgot what I was eating but a wasp decided to just land on my hand to eat it I think. I just kind of looked at it while my other classmates were having panic attacks.
One time in 3rd or 4th grade we were eating outside with the other classes since it was really nice out and I forgot what I was eating but a wasp decided to just land on my hand to eat it I think. I just kind of looked at it while my other classmates were having panic attacks.
me when i stumble upon a thread of heathens praising the demon bees [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/022/704/Screen_Shot_2017-04-12_at_2.50.31_PM.jpg[/img] [s]I know they most likely aren't as bad as they seem but I will never forgive the entire species for what one of it's specimen did to me[/s]
me when i stumble upon a thread of heathens praising the demon bees

Screen_Shot_2017-04-12_at_2.50.31_PM.jpg

I know they most likely aren't as bad as they seem but I will never forgive the entire species for what one of it's specimen did to me
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
I'm fine with them as long as they stay the hell away from me

I was stung twice above my eye when I was really little (like 2/3/4 maybe?) and I immediately nope out whenever one comes zooming towards me ( >A<;)
I'm fine with them as long as they stay the hell away from me

I was stung twice above my eye when I was really little (like 2/3/4 maybe?) and I immediately nope out whenever one comes zooming towards me ( >A<;)
tumblr_oqb77mzwgv1tes27xo1_250.png47553_5c5b3bfa8a096bc3_I.gif57937_7b3d40124ad4a22d_I.gifdcaxhzs-1b02a1d8-7970-40c7-a7e7-d2c9aad1e938.gif67860_571e6c6360da3087_I.gif46504_ed14e8aee05bf109_I.gifFRSS_Banner_2018_FINALE_smol.pngMWJhT4K.png
I regret clicking this thread.
I have a phobia of wasps.
I regret clicking this thread.
I have a phobia of wasps.
1550200768301.png 1550941667954.png 1550191311250.png
i've never personally had something against them, but my sister was stung by wasps when they climbed up her shirt and stung her three times. they've always scared me since then
i've never personally had something against them, but my sister was stung by wasps when they climbed up her shirt and stung her three times. they've always scared me since then
9a7b6ff335c5bfb2f95f461556df8631.gif
Though wasps do have their place in the ecosystem... they're still scary. :(
Though wasps do have their place in the ecosystem... they're still scary. :(
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I'm fine with them as long as they mind their business and stay away from me.

But since your are familiar with them, i've got a question.
What are you supposed to do to avoid angering them when one of them is flying directly toward you. Run away? Stop moving?Spray it until it dies ?
I'm fine with them as long as they mind their business and stay away from me.

But since your are familiar with them, i've got a question.
What are you supposed to do to avoid angering them when one of them is flying directly toward you. Run away? Stop moving?Spray it until it dies ?
neutralh5.png
I love wasps! They such neat little things and great pest control too. I usually keep a lot of my house plants on my balcony along with a small paper wasp nest. It's neat to see them whenever they go out for the day, they individually check all of my plants for bugs, then they'll go on their way to look else where. Never had any bug issues once I convinced my brother not to spray them on sight lol. They don't both us or my dog either. If we stand over the nest they'll usually all just look up at us to see what we're doing, realize we're not a threat and they'll get back to their nest.

I also work at a nursery. Mid summer I'm around hundreds of bees and wasps a day. In my 10 years there I've been stung twice by wasps. Both times I had accidentally grabbed them while taking frost cloth off of plants so I don't blame them lol. Imagine just trying to sleep and some giant hand grabs you. I'd sting too! Really early morning I can even pet them if I'm careful. Bees are easier to pet, they get so into their gathering they rarely notice.
I love wasps! They such neat little things and great pest control too. I usually keep a lot of my house plants on my balcony along with a small paper wasp nest. It's neat to see them whenever they go out for the day, they individually check all of my plants for bugs, then they'll go on their way to look else where. Never had any bug issues once I convinced my brother not to spray them on sight lol. They don't both us or my dog either. If we stand over the nest they'll usually all just look up at us to see what we're doing, realize we're not a threat and they'll get back to their nest.

I also work at a nursery. Mid summer I'm around hundreds of bees and wasps a day. In my 10 years there I've been stung twice by wasps. Both times I had accidentally grabbed them while taking frost cloth off of plants so I don't blame them lol. Imagine just trying to sleep and some giant hand grabs you. I'd sting too! Really early morning I can even pet them if I'm careful. Bees are easier to pet, they get so into their gathering they rarely notice.
1 2 3 4 5