Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things you like but everyone else hates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[quote name="ffloof" date="2019-02-16 13:30:33" ] pineapple pizza. also yeah, furries. [/quote] broccoli and spinach as well
ffloof wrote on 2019-02-16 13:30:33:
pineapple pizza. also yeah, furries.

broccoli and spinach as well
prev UNs are SpaceCrows, Zephariel, and Dramaturgy | FR+3
I don't think everyone hates them but pigeons.

Also snakes, rats, lizards, and spiders.
I don't think everyone hates them but pigeons.

Also snakes, rats, lizards, and spiders.
-
-
-
-
:3
Anyone remember these terrible things?? [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71U3lQq2teL._SY355_.jpg[/img] I'm pretty sure almost nobody actually likes the Valentine's conversation hearts besides me, I've only met one other person who actually likes them
Anyone remember these terrible things??
71U3lQq2teL._SY355_.jpg
I'm pretty sure almost nobody actually likes the Valentine's conversation hearts besides me, I've only met one other person who actually likes them
Mint Ice Cream, Snakes, and Bats.
Mint Ice Cream, Snakes, and Bats.
690328pathtotruth2.png
Medieval art.
I don't think most people hate it per se, but it's something a lot of people take out of context, laugh at and mock despite the fact that it is absurdly deeper than basically any art produced since literacy rates improved. People were not literate in words, but they knew that eagles meant St John and yellow roses meant intellect and also the meaning of things scholars have yet to figure out like why all these knights were fighting snails.

People engaged with art in such a more analytical way, not just as viewers but also as artists. As the artist, it was your job to teach people things without words. Often multiple bodies of heavy religious literature, using only your inks or marble.
And so in all these works that modern people see as silly and stupid, people 1000 years ago would see entire fables, stories, epics and lessons.
And it wasn't just in manuscript paintings, but the very fundamentals of Gothic architecture itself incorporated this style of highly narrative and symbolic artwork.

I could go on for hours about also the creativity and painstaking skill that goes into art of that time period, but I think I'll stop for now lol.
Medieval art.
I don't think most people hate it per se, but it's something a lot of people take out of context, laugh at and mock despite the fact that it is absurdly deeper than basically any art produced since literacy rates improved. People were not literate in words, but they knew that eagles meant St John and yellow roses meant intellect and also the meaning of things scholars have yet to figure out like why all these knights were fighting snails.

People engaged with art in such a more analytical way, not just as viewers but also as artists. As the artist, it was your job to teach people things without words. Often multiple bodies of heavy religious literature, using only your inks or marble.
And so in all these works that modern people see as silly and stupid, people 1000 years ago would see entire fables, stories, epics and lessons.
And it wasn't just in manuscript paintings, but the very fundamentals of Gothic architecture itself incorporated this style of highly narrative and symbolic artwork.

I could go on for hours about also the creativity and painstaking skill that goes into art of that time period, but I think I'll stop for now lol.
Pineapple on Pizza. Its really not all that bad, just as long as the people making it don't over-do it (then its just an overly-sweet and soggy mess)
Pineapple on Pizza. Its really not all that bad, just as long as the people making it don't over-do it (then its just an overly-sweet and soggy mess)
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
Me Hahahhaa who am i kidding i hate me too

Coleslaw
Me Hahahhaa who am i kidding i hate me too

Coleslaw
sVQ6W82.pngngipcID.pngsVQ6W82.png
Spam
Spam
tumblr_inline_phfs2717ZW1r9yvob_540.gif