Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Nerdy Pokémon Nicknames-
1 2
We all have those Pokémon nicknames that can be classified as "nerdy". Ya need an example?
My Latios in Omega Ruby is named "Lovania". Yes. That is because when it Mega Evolves, I can call it Megalovania. I'm not kidding, I'll take a pic of that later if y'all need proof.
I also have a slew of Eevees in that game named after various Creepypastas, Fnaf characters, Undertale characters, and people I know IRL.
My Lunala in Moon is named "Naomi" after a character of mine. Both characters are like Queens, and Lunala has that pink third eye thing that immediately reminded me of my character, Naomi. (Was gonna get a Solgaleo named "Moran" but heck you Momo you left Naomi alone and forgot she existed hECK- Moran used to be Naomi's like.... boyfriend? But he just completely forgot her, remembered again, then disappeared again. Now the person who RPed as him I'm 99% sure is the one on Scratch who is trying to RP as my M A I N O C Asy.... smh-)
Anyways-
I remember for some reason I named my Zygarde "Levi" in Moon (the two aren't even alike what was I thinking- I now have a legit Japanese Espeon that my gf Evie gave me and he is my new Levi) then accidentally duplicated him?
I also have a Ribombee named "Chalk" (after Evie's main OC)
And a Fomantis named "Asy" (Its the size and the colors- and the fact that Lurantis is a heccin beAST)(After my main OC, of course)
In Pokémon GO I caught a Murkrow that I named "Midnight" (after my other main OC)
In Ultra Moon, my Type:Null is named "Peregrine" (AKA Midnight's husbando- but like Type:Null reminds me so much of Pere like how)
I probably have more- but like, I wanna hear and see YOUR nerdy or weird Pokémon Nicknames!
We all have those Pokémon nicknames that can be classified as "nerdy". Ya need an example?
My Latios in Omega Ruby is named "Lovania". Yes. That is because when it Mega Evolves, I can call it Megalovania. I'm not kidding, I'll take a pic of that later if y'all need proof.
I also have a slew of Eevees in that game named after various Creepypastas, Fnaf characters, Undertale characters, and people I know IRL.
My Lunala in Moon is named "Naomi" after a character of mine. Both characters are like Queens, and Lunala has that pink third eye thing that immediately reminded me of my character, Naomi. (Was gonna get a Solgaleo named "Moran" but heck you Momo you left Naomi alone and forgot she existed hECK- Moran used to be Naomi's like.... boyfriend? But he just completely forgot her, remembered again, then disappeared again. Now the person who RPed as him I'm 99% sure is the one on Scratch who is trying to RP as my M A I N O C Asy.... smh-)
Anyways-
I remember for some reason I named my Zygarde "Levi" in Moon (the two aren't even alike what was I thinking- I now have a legit Japanese Espeon that my gf Evie gave me and he is my new Levi) then accidentally duplicated him?
I also have a Ribombee named "Chalk" (after Evie's main OC)
And a Fomantis named "Asy" (Its the size and the colors- and the fact that Lurantis is a heccin beAST)(After my main OC, of course)
In Pokémon GO I caught a Murkrow that I named "Midnight" (after my other main OC)
In Ultra Moon, my Type:Null is named "Peregrine" (AKA Midnight's husbando- but like Type:Null reminds me so much of Pere like how)
I probably have more- but like, I wanna hear and see YOUR nerdy or weird Pokémon Nicknames!
I am but a garbage can filled with Undertale, Stardew Valley, and various Nintendo games. Enter my world at risk.
tumblr_pf2iowWKcV1x6z57mo1_100.png
oooh I love Pokemon nicknames

So I named a Yamask "DeMasque" after Masque DeMasque from Ace Attorney, I think it fits perfectly

I don't have a lot of fandom nicknames but I do have funny ones

like I named a Honedge "Soul Drinker" due to its pokedex entry
I named my Necrosma "Light Eater"

I was having a hard time catching a Basculin for the Pokedex and named it "Hard2Catch"

I was having a hard time catching a Zekrom in Alpha Sapphire and named it "Rebel"

One time I caught a Liepard but I was mad because I didn't want a Liepard, I wanted a different Pokemon from that patch, so I nicknamed it a bunch of keyboard smash. But what I didn't know is that in that keyboard jarble, the word "poo" was in there. So I was able to transfer this Liepard to my other games, but she can't be traded away because of the word "poo". And I can't change the nickname now because now it's been transferred to the 3D games and I can't bring it back to B/W. Fun.

Edit: I named my Rowlet "Blathers" after the museum curator in Animal Crossing

Edit II: I named my Mareep "Lamborghini" because he was such a fast attacker
oooh I love Pokemon nicknames

So I named a Yamask "DeMasque" after Masque DeMasque from Ace Attorney, I think it fits perfectly

I don't have a lot of fandom nicknames but I do have funny ones

like I named a Honedge "Soul Drinker" due to its pokedex entry
I named my Necrosma "Light Eater"

I was having a hard time catching a Basculin for the Pokedex and named it "Hard2Catch"

I was having a hard time catching a Zekrom in Alpha Sapphire and named it "Rebel"

One time I caught a Liepard but I was mad because I didn't want a Liepard, I wanted a different Pokemon from that patch, so I nicknamed it a bunch of keyboard smash. But what I didn't know is that in that keyboard jarble, the word "poo" was in there. So I was able to transfer this Liepard to my other games, but she can't be traded away because of the word "poo". And I can't change the nickname now because now it's been transferred to the 3D games and I can't bring it back to B/W. Fun.

Edit: I named my Rowlet "Blathers" after the museum curator in Animal Crossing

Edit II: I named my Mareep "Lamborghini" because he was such a fast attacker
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
My world champion Celesteela is named McBoatface.
My world champion Celesteela is named McBoatface.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
I got a machamp. It was a female. I promptly named it "yrugirl"
i think i named garchomp "slashyarm"
other names include "son" "disappointment" "failure" "boi" "clonkclonk" and "snort"
I got a machamp. It was a female. I promptly named it "yrugirl"
i think i named garchomp "slashyarm"
other names include "son" "disappointment" "failure" "boi" "clonkclonk" and "snort"
I still play LeafGreen, and I have a Charizard named Zuko. He’s a good derg.

Also a number of Pokes across various games named after anime characters: Hinata (Haikyuu) the Fletchinder, Mutsu(nokami, Touken Ranbu) the Growlithe, Momo (Mikoshiba, Free!) the Buizel…

When I get a Houndour in Platinum, I'm going to name him Dante. Dante's Inferno = Hell = Houndour is a hellhound. He will replace Rarity the Ponyta.
I still play LeafGreen, and I have a Charizard named Zuko. He’s a good derg.

Also a number of Pokes across various games named after anime characters: Hinata (Haikyuu) the Fletchinder, Mutsu(nokami, Touken Ranbu) the Growlithe, Momo (Mikoshiba, Free!) the Buizel…

When I get a Houndour in Platinum, I'm going to name him Dante. Dante's Inferno = Hell = Houndour is a hellhound. He will replace Rarity the Ponyta.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
My friend once named her male Gastly butt gas XD I don't like nicknames tbh I don't know why though.
My friend once named her male Gastly butt gas XD I don't like nicknames tbh I don't know why though.
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
[quote name="Snivy14" date="2018-12-10 10:48:16" ] My friend once named her male Gastly butt gas XD I don't like nicknames tbh I don't know why though. [/quote] I found a Koffing in an old PC box once called "Fartball."
Snivy14 wrote on 2018-12-10 10:48:16:
I found a Koffing in an old PC box once called "Fartball."
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I don't usually name my pokemon that often but the best name I've ever given one would be the Rowlet I named Ras Owl Ghoul.
I don't usually name my pokemon that often but the best name I've ever given one would be the Rowlet I named Ras Owl Ghoul.
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
Currently on my team is an Incineroar named Dragmire, an Arcanine named Demise, a Ninetales named Hylia, and a Fearow named Nabooru. I’ve got a lot of them I gave nerdy names, but I can only remember Braeburn (My Little Pony) the Mudsdale, Tik Tok (Peter Pan/Ke$ha) the Sandile, Pyrocynical the Flareon, and Ness the Kadabra. However, I do remember having a Growlithe named Bayonetta, a Riolu named Gale (The Hunger Games) and a Purrloin named Howl (Howl’s Moving Castle).

Edit: OMG I JUST REMEMBERED BARRY RIBOMBEE BENSON
Currently on my team is an Incineroar named Dragmire, an Arcanine named Demise, a Ninetales named Hylia, and a Fearow named Nabooru. I’ve got a lot of them I gave nerdy names, but I can only remember Braeburn (My Little Pony) the Mudsdale, Tik Tok (Peter Pan/Ke$ha) the Sandile, Pyrocynical the Flareon, and Ness the Kadabra. However, I do remember having a Growlithe named Bayonetta, a Riolu named Gale (The Hunger Games) and a Purrloin named Howl (Howl’s Moving Castle).

Edit: OMG I JUST REMEMBERED BARRY RIBOMBEE BENSON
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
I have a team of

Scizor, mr red bug
Shiny Latios, mr shiny
Garitina, mr grape
Garchomp, mr spike
Zekrom, mr zaps
And a Reshiram, named mr furry. I love them all. My children.
I have a team of

Scizor, mr red bug
Shiny Latios, mr shiny
Garitina, mr grape
Garchomp, mr spike
Zekrom, mr zaps
And a Reshiram, named mr furry. I love them all. My children.
1 2