Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any tips on dealing with anxiety?
1 2 3
Dunno if you use caffeine but i stopped using caffeine and feel a lot less anxious

Its still there and bothering me but its not as high and im not as twitchy and such
Dunno if you use caffeine but i stopped using caffeine and feel a lot less anxious

Its still there and bothering me but its not as high and im not as twitchy and such
rowan, FR+11
they/ze
Forgiving who you are for what you stand to gain
I have social anxiety as well where it is a struggle for me get up for work and prevents me from going out of the house and meeting friends. I also have major depression so some of this tips may link to each other.

Your not alone anxiety is more common then you think...

A bad habit that I used to do is plan for everything that is going to go wrong in a situation and how I would prevent it. It seemed like a good idea at the time trying to prevent as many mistakes I would think off. However, I was planning myself for failure thinking every situation was going to be the worse case scenario and it was making me more stressed. I tend to over think over the littlest things and learnt that I needed to relax and let things happen naturally. Accepting that I'm going to make mistakes and that it is okay...sometimes it helps to confess to someone that you have anxiety as you don't need to hide it.

When you feel like your anxiety is building up notice these thoughts and change them. Try thinking about a positive experience in the past or something that relaxes you, this will help calm you down and distract anxiety thoughts. It is hard to keep a positive mentality as it mentally draining but it is worth it.

Anxiety doesn't disappear overnight as it is an accumulation of habits but that doesn't mean that you can't change them just keep chipping away.

Hope these tips help and good luck to everyone

I have social anxiety as well where it is a struggle for me get up for work and prevents me from going out of the house and meeting friends. I also have major depression so some of this tips may link to each other.

Your not alone anxiety is more common then you think...

A bad habit that I used to do is plan for everything that is going to go wrong in a situation and how I would prevent it. It seemed like a good idea at the time trying to prevent as many mistakes I would think off. However, I was planning myself for failure thinking every situation was going to be the worse case scenario and it was making me more stressed. I tend to over think over the littlest things and learnt that I needed to relax and let things happen naturally. Accepting that I'm going to make mistakes and that it is okay...sometimes it helps to confess to someone that you have anxiety as you don't need to hide it.

When you feel like your anxiety is building up notice these thoughts and change them. Try thinking about a positive experience in the past or something that relaxes you, this will help calm you down and distract anxiety thoughts. It is hard to keep a positive mentality as it mentally draining but it is worth it.

Anxiety doesn't disappear overnight as it is an accumulation of habits but that doesn't mean that you can't change them just keep chipping away.

Hope these tips help and good luck to everyone

lckqq6P.png
1 2 3