Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video Game Levels that frustrate you?
1 2 3 4 5
Not really a level, but those awful boring Oblivion gates in TES: Oblivion.
Hey Bethesda? How about not naming your game after the most awful part of it?
They were boring, tedious, and irritating. The gross red haze over everything gave me a headache and the reward for doing them wasn't worthwhile.
... But the main quest of the game basically requires you to close a minimum of 9 of the damn things.

I could start a short list titled "Areas in Dark Souls games that make me say "ugh" aloud when I replay them."
Blighttown, Archdragon Peak, Irithyll Dungeon, Farron Swamp, The Catacombs... those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I might be a minority but I always really enjoy the Water Temples in LoZ... except for Great Bay Temple. Right with @sleeplessfaun on that one. The worst part is the lead-up to the temple, it's so long and so tedious it makes you not ever want to touch it again after you do it (so I hope you have enough time left over once you've defeated the boss to do whatever you wanted to do before you have to reset to day 1.)
Never played the remake but I always thought the swimming in the original was just on the annoying side of too fast. Made it pretty fiddly when you had to do some precision stuff.

Also I never did beat Final Fantasy 9 because that final boss.
Literally the only boss I've ever abandoned a game over. It's been nearly two decades and I never went back to it and never will.
Not really a level, but those awful boring Oblivion gates in TES: Oblivion.
Hey Bethesda? How about not naming your game after the most awful part of it?
They were boring, tedious, and irritating. The gross red haze over everything gave me a headache and the reward for doing them wasn't worthwhile.
... But the main quest of the game basically requires you to close a minimum of 9 of the damn things.

I could start a short list titled "Areas in Dark Souls games that make me say "ugh" aloud when I replay them."
Blighttown, Archdragon Peak, Irithyll Dungeon, Farron Swamp, The Catacombs... those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I might be a minority but I always really enjoy the Water Temples in LoZ... except for Great Bay Temple. Right with @sleeplessfaun on that one. The worst part is the lead-up to the temple, it's so long and so tedious it makes you not ever want to touch it again after you do it (so I hope you have enough time left over once you've defeated the boss to do whatever you wanted to do before you have to reset to day 1.)
Never played the remake but I always thought the swimming in the original was just on the annoying side of too fast. Made it pretty fiddly when you had to do some precision stuff.

Also I never did beat Final Fantasy 9 because that final boss.
Literally the only boss I've ever abandoned a game over. It's been nearly two decades and I never went back to it and never will.
Prompto's whole side story in FFXV. I suck at games with guns...

Also the forever annoying water temple in LoZ OoT.
Prompto's whole side story in FFXV. I suck at games with guns...

Also the forever annoying water temple in LoZ OoT.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
That freaking jump in Orbitus level from the original Jazz Jackrabbit for DOS. I think I made it only once, but then died before the next checkpoint and turned off the game.
That freaking jump in Orbitus level from the original Jazz Jackrabbit for DOS. I think I made it only once, but then died before the next checkpoint and turned off the game.
"Roar at monkeys" (The Lion King).
"Roar at monkeys" (The Lion King).
Jökull | Male | GMT+3
(Flight Rising time: +10)
QpqWmcnK_o.png
the entire chapter "Intelligences of the Artificial Persuasion" from Borderlands TPS. Unless you're playing with a friend and can be in two places at once, good luck spending an hour running across the map to turn on a pipe that spits out farts.

oh, also Borderlands 2's "A Train to Catch". If you've got an OP fire weapon, good luck trying to light those damned varkids on fire without killing them. It took me 30 minutes to light 3 varkids on fire at the same time to wake Mordecai up.

Borderland 2's "Where Angels Fear to Tread" is annoying too simply because the fight is too long.
the entire chapter "Intelligences of the Artificial Persuasion" from Borderlands TPS. Unless you're playing with a friend and can be in two places at once, good luck spending an hour running across the map to turn on a pipe that spits out farts.

oh, also Borderlands 2's "A Train to Catch". If you've got an OP fire weapon, good luck trying to light those damned varkids on fire without killing them. It took me 30 minutes to light 3 varkids on fire at the same time to wake Mordecai up.

Borderland 2's "Where Angels Fear to Tread" is annoying too simply because the fight is too long.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
The water temple in ocarina of time destroyed me ngl. Apart from that, the disappearance of Hatsune Miku extra extreme from project diva future tone is an absolute nightmare. I’m stuck on 65% and I need 70% to pass it
The water temple in ocarina of time destroyed me ngl. Apart from that, the disappearance of Hatsune Miku extra extreme from project diva future tone is an absolute nightmare. I’m stuck on 65% and I need 70% to pass it
33785014.png66702371.png74483108.png
That RTS mission in Brutal Legend where you have to tear down Lionwhyte's Pleasure Tower. I had been struggling to get my army to the gate because I was just so bad at the game that I didn't realize I could destroy the towers that kept eliminating my troops.
That RTS mission in Brutal Legend where you have to tear down Lionwhyte's Pleasure Tower. I had been struggling to get my army to the gate because I was just so bad at the game that I didn't realize I could destroy the towers that kept eliminating my troops.
bbbbbb
Vase.png
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Erratic
They/He
Pladge-25.png
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
1VCjnYW.png5qidBuz.png
I think it counts but Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts in DA Inquisition is one of the most tedious quests I've ever had to do and I don't look forward to doing it on my second playthrough. Finding all the side things was a pain.
I think it counts but Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts in DA Inquisition is one of the most tedious quests I've ever had to do and I don't look forward to doing it on my second playthrough. Finding all the side things was a pain.
That bit on the bridge near the end of Heart of Darkness. Ooh boy, did that make me feel like I was never gonna complete that game.

"Thames Tunnel" in Nightmare Creatures; my poor, eleven-year-old self.

Many of the levels in the PS version of Doom.

That bit in the plane with the tyrant in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. It's like he'd never let you get an attack in!

And... oh... when I was ten and playing Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles... That bit in one of the RE2 chapters with William Birkin's final form really beat me up; the only gun I had ammo left for was the handgun (unlimited; duh). I actually remember getting an in-game achievement for clicking "continue" so many times after I died. It was titled something like "Never Give Up".
That bit on the bridge near the end of Heart of Darkness. Ooh boy, did that make me feel like I was never gonna complete that game.

"Thames Tunnel" in Nightmare Creatures; my poor, eleven-year-old self.

Many of the levels in the PS version of Doom.

That bit in the plane with the tyrant in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X. It's like he'd never let you get an attack in!

And... oh... when I was ten and playing Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles... That bit in one of the RE2 chapters with William Birkin's final form really beat me up; the only gun I had ammo left for was the handgun (unlimited; duh). I actually remember getting an in-game achievement for clicking "continue" so many times after I died. It was titled something like "Never Give Up".
cFdHcSd.gif
Any The Legend of Zelda Water Temple level tbh.
Any The Legend of Zelda Water Temple level tbh.
1 2 3 4 5