Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Does anyone Play Werewolf the apocalypes
1 2
Hey you guys I just wanted to see if anyone here plays the Table top Rpg Werewolf the Apocalypse. I want to get into it, but I only got one other person and neither of us really know how to play it. ^^
We also lack a DM, but oh well.
I just wanted to see if anyone here plays the game, and if you do please share some tales from your campaign. I would love it read it.
Hey you guys I just wanted to see if anyone here plays the Table top Rpg Werewolf the Apocalypse. I want to get into it, but I only got one other person and neither of us really know how to play it. ^^
We also lack a DM, but oh well.
I just wanted to see if anyone here plays the game, and if you do please share some tales from your campaign. I would love it read it.
sAhQN8T.png1c269cdf42db7da4517ef214bf24f65e1fab3421.png 79bdf3e03f26ca763990aa3f58ff36a432f37c6b.pngfyRIUHP.png
@HawkstarTheking
I've never played it but I do have the strategy guide.
@HawkstarTheking
I've never played it but I do have the strategy guide.
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
@Drag0n5
Oh awesome XD
I only have the free PDF. ^^'
@Drag0n5
Oh awesome XD
I only have the free PDF. ^^'
sAhQN8T.png1c269cdf42db7da4517ef214bf24f65e1fab3421.png 79bdf3e03f26ca763990aa3f58ff36a432f37c6b.pngfyRIUHP.png
Bump
Bump
I only got to play in one game, sadly. I've played Vampire the Masquerade and a homebrew Changeling game way more thoroughly, but I hear stories from Werewolf all the time (I couldn't stick around because of time constraints).

In the one game I was in my werehyena nearly killed the wereroach on sight. It wasn't my fault he was tainted. :P I was just doin my job...before anyone in game had the opportunity to warn her that he was friend, not foe.
I only got to play in one game, sadly. I've played Vampire the Masquerade and a homebrew Changeling game way more thoroughly, but I hear stories from Werewolf all the time (I couldn't stick around because of time constraints).

In the one game I was in my werehyena nearly killed the wereroach on sight. It wasn't my fault he was tainted. :P I was just doin my job...before anyone in game had the opportunity to warn her that he was friend, not foe.
Gs7DQgM.png
@Purnip
Awesome, are Vampire the Masqurade and A homebrew Changeling fun?

Also nice, you can be never to careful when it comes to Wyrm taint. What did you do after you were told he was friend?
@Purnip
Awesome, are Vampire the Masqurade and A homebrew Changeling fun?

Also nice, you can be never to careful when it comes to Wyrm taint. What did you do after you were told he was friend?
The VtM game was my first and only LARP. It was fun while it lasted, but the DM wanted to bow out and the only DM that stepped up wanted to host the games much further up north. The VtM game I was in was way more political/social than combat oriented, mainly due to the LARP factor. The rules are rather different from the tabletop version.

The Changeling game...was...an experience. I wouldn't forget it if I could, as I did enjoy some aspects of the game, but I left it about a month and a half ago because I was tired of how the DM ran things. Every success felt like a failure, every failure felt like a bigger failure. He took the world of Darkness aspects way too seriously without even really trying. I wanted more time for character development but we were always so busy running around and micromanaging everything that it became way less fun and more daunting. But I wouldn't fault the game so much as the storyteller and a specific player he was waaaay too soft on.

Actually I forgot about Geist! I just started that one right after Changing. It's another WoD game, oddly less doom and gloom than the others despite the theme. So far it has been entertaining.

All in all, I'd say a good DM really does make a great difference.

As for how my hyena reacted...she had to practically be forced to behave through actual magical shenanigans because she was NOT having it. Kept giving the player dirty looks throughout the game but he knew it was all in character. XD
The VtM game was my first and only LARP. It was fun while it lasted, but the DM wanted to bow out and the only DM that stepped up wanted to host the games much further up north. The VtM game I was in was way more political/social than combat oriented, mainly due to the LARP factor. The rules are rather different from the tabletop version.

The Changeling game...was...an experience. I wouldn't forget it if I could, as I did enjoy some aspects of the game, but I left it about a month and a half ago because I was tired of how the DM ran things. Every success felt like a failure, every failure felt like a bigger failure. He took the world of Darkness aspects way too seriously without even really trying. I wanted more time for character development but we were always so busy running around and micromanaging everything that it became way less fun and more daunting. But I wouldn't fault the game so much as the storyteller and a specific player he was waaaay too soft on.

Actually I forgot about Geist! I just started that one right after Changing. It's another WoD game, oddly less doom and gloom than the others despite the theme. So far it has been entertaining.

All in all, I'd say a good DM really does make a great difference.

As for how my hyena reacted...she had to practically be forced to behave through actual magical shenanigans because she was NOT having it. Kept giving the player dirty looks throughout the game but he knew it was all in character. XD
Gs7DQgM.png
@Purnip
Oh wow that sounded very interesting. Politics are always fun when your a vampire, and I am not sarcastic Vampire politics sounds amazing XD

Wow, that game sounded fun and agonizing at the same time! The DM also didn't want you to feel happy ^^'

Sounds like Giest was a bunch of fun XD

I can tell, I was only a DM. It was for the game Eypilion: A Dragon Epic
Oh that sounds amazing XD, sounded like you guys had fun.

@Purnip
Oh wow that sounded very interesting. Politics are always fun when your a vampire, and I am not sarcastic Vampire politics sounds amazing XD

Wow, that game sounded fun and agonizing at the same time! The DM also didn't want you to feel happy ^^'

Sounds like Giest was a bunch of fun XD

I can tell, I was only a DM. It was for the game Eypilion: A Dragon Epic
Oh that sounds amazing XD, sounded like you guys had fun.

I havent played it yet, but I DO have a Vampire the Dark Ages guidebook, and I'd be willing to give the campaign a shot if you're chill with a newbie! I do play d&d tho!
I havent played it yet, but I DO have a Vampire the Dark Ages guidebook, and I'd be willing to give the campaign a shot if you're chill with a newbie! I do play d&d tho!
tumblr_inline_ojq6kuB42C1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kxC8Rm1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ou7qjuuSGX1r2ao8y_540.png
@InfectedGenetics
I gotcha, I don't know any mechanics of Vampire, I'll need to learn more about it ^^'
D&D is a bunch of fun, when I played my first I was a black Necromancer Dragonborn.
I actually have a fun story if you want to hear?
@InfectedGenetics
I gotcha, I don't know any mechanics of Vampire, I'll need to learn more about it ^^'
D&D is a bunch of fun, when I played my first I was a black Necromancer Dragonborn.
I actually have a fun story if you want to hear?
1 2