Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | An important question for Americans--
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DO YOU GUYS HAVE CRUMPETS IN THE US??!

I don't know why but this has been bothering me for ages. Like, I heard you guys don't have flapjacks or marzipan too?? This is so weird/???

Please tell me you at least have access to the wonder and glory that is crumpets.

Edit: also do you have Cadbury's chocolate yet or no
DO YOU GUYS HAVE CRUMPETS IN THE US??!

I don't know why but this has been bothering me for ages. Like, I heard you guys don't have flapjacks or marzipan too?? This is so weird/???

Please tell me you at least have access to the wonder and glory that is crumpets.

Edit: also do you have Cadbury's chocolate yet or no
@Charias Crumpets, marzipan, and flapjacks definitely aren’t common, though I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to find a restaurant that serves them (even if I live in a large city and haven’t been to any that do, though that might just be because I live in the southern states. They’re probably more common in up north... probably.) At the very least, we do have Cadbury’s chocolate, and I would say that they are at least moderately popular here.

Still, the US is huge, and the amount of crumpets here will almost certainly vary between each region. I can’t speak for all the states, just mine and maybe a few others around it.
@Charias Crumpets, marzipan, and flapjacks definitely aren’t common, though I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to find a restaurant that serves them (even if I live in a large city and haven’t been to any that do, though that might just be because I live in the southern states. They’re probably more common in up north... probably.) At the very least, we do have Cadbury’s chocolate, and I would say that they are at least moderately popular here.

Still, the US is huge, and the amount of crumpets here will almost certainly vary between each region. I can’t speak for all the states, just mine and maybe a few others around it.
AqaqXxe.png
I know we have Cadbury’s chocolate, but it’s not imported and it’s not the same recipe as it is everywhere else so it’s not exactly the same thing.
As far as I know, flapjacks are pancakes and those are pretty common lol. We have marzipan but it’s not as common, and same thing with crumpets. You could probably find both in any grocery store, but I wouldn’t say they’re in every house or anything.
(I’m in the northern US)
I know we have Cadbury’s chocolate, but it’s not imported and it’s not the same recipe as it is everywhere else so it’s not exactly the same thing.
As far as I know, flapjacks are pancakes and those are pretty common lol. We have marzipan but it’s not as common, and same thing with crumpets. You could probably find both in any grocery store, but I wouldn’t say they’re in every house or anything.
(I’m in the northern US)
water_banner.png Jack. He/Him.
FR +3
@LucidWhispers

Ohhh, so it's like... trying to find somewhere that sells Froot Loops in the UK. Seriously it's so fricking hard to find those overly sugary cereals here. :')

@Cosmik

Nooo, I've seen people think it before but flapjacks are nothing like pancakes. :P They're like a sweet cereal bar type thing made of oats, sugar and golden syrup. Also I'm very relieved to hear of the availability of crumpets and marzipan in some places.

Idk why but I've just been wondering this for AGES and I kept forgetting to ask lol.
@LucidWhispers

Ohhh, so it's like... trying to find somewhere that sells Froot Loops in the UK. Seriously it's so fricking hard to find those overly sugary cereals here. :')

@Cosmik

Nooo, I've seen people think it before but flapjacks are nothing like pancakes. :P They're like a sweet cereal bar type thing made of oats, sugar and golden syrup. Also I'm very relieved to hear of the availability of crumpets and marzipan in some places.

Idk why but I've just been wondering this for AGES and I kept forgetting to ask lol.
@Charias
Oh weird, I guess we just use the word to describe something totally different lol, because a flapjack basically is a pancake here.
I’ve never heard of the oat/syrup thing you’re describing though, maybe we don’t have those here? I’m not sure. ;; It sounds worth trying though.
@Charias
Oh weird, I guess we just use the word to describe something totally different lol, because a flapjack basically is a pancake here.
I’ve never heard of the oat/syrup thing you’re describing though, maybe we don’t have those here? I’m not sure. ;; It sounds worth trying though.
water_banner.png Jack. He/Him.
FR +3
...crumpet?
-one google later-
Oh. I've seen those things before. They're not very common, but stores here do sell them.
Don't think I've ever seen marzipan though.
@Charias your flapjacks sound like granola bars. I'm guessing they're not.
...crumpet?
-one google later-
Oh. I've seen those things before. They're not very common, but stores here do sell them.
Don't think I've ever seen marzipan though.
@Charias your flapjacks sound like granola bars. I'm guessing they're not.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
THEY DONT HAVE CRUMPETS???

OR MARZIPAN??

OR EVEN FREAKING FLAPJACK????

ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE SO GOOD, AMERICA, U NEED TO CATCH UP

@Nettletea
flapjack is like, oats with golden syrup and butter and if you want you can put fruit, nuts, chocolate, like basically anything into it. put it all together in a tray and bake it for a bit. they look similar to breakfast granola bars but they're a lot softer and taste much better lol
THEY DONT HAVE CRUMPETS???

OR MARZIPAN??

OR EVEN FREAKING FLAPJACK????

ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE SO GOOD, AMERICA, U NEED TO CATCH UP

@Nettletea
flapjack is like, oats with golden syrup and butter and if you want you can put fruit, nuts, chocolate, like basically anything into it. put it all together in a tray and bake it for a bit. they look similar to breakfast granola bars but they're a lot softer and taste much better lol
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
@Reefknot
Yeah. America sucks.
@Reefknot
Yeah. America sucks.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
I'm Canadian, you can find marzipan here and there but crumpets just look like some unholy cross between a pancake and scone
I'm Canadian, you can find marzipan here and there but crumpets just look like some unholy cross between a pancake and scone
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
@Charias I know a lot of baking oriented places have marzipan or use it in their recipes. I know "flapjacks" as a flatter pancake, what you describe looks like a cereal bar (granola bar), so we might have that but call it something different. The closest thing I can think of is made by Nature Valley, it looks like this [img]https://cdn-a.william-reed.com/var/wrbm_gb_food_pharma/storage/images/9/0/3/3/6013309-1-eng-GB/General-Mills-wins-fight-over-natural-Nature-Valley-granola-bars_wrbm_large.jpg[/img] As for crumpets, we have "English muffins" haha they look similar but probably don't taste exactly the same. Google image search of crumpets shows them looking a bit softer, more the texture of a thick pancake. [img]http://redstaryeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Sourdough-English-Muffins.jpg[/img]
@Charias
I know a lot of baking oriented places have marzipan or use it in their recipes.

I know "flapjacks" as a flatter pancake, what you describe looks like a cereal bar (granola bar), so we might have that but call it something different. The closest thing I can think of is made by Nature Valley, it looks like this

General-Mills-wins-fight-over-natural-Nature-Valley-granola-bars_wrbm_large.jpg

As for crumpets, we have "English muffins" haha they look similar but probably don't taste exactly the same. Google image search of crumpets shows them looking a bit softer, more the texture of a thick pancake.

Sourdough-English-Muffins.jpg

YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7