Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Underrated Animes?
1 2 3 4
1. Houseki no Kuni
HnK takes place in a world where humans were wiped out by several asteroid impacts, and now what lives on the earth are the descendants of humans. The show mainly follows the gems, who are made of rock and represent the bones of humankind

Gems are effectively immortal, but the catch is that their memories are stored in all parts of their body (like if your brain took up your entire body). If a part of them breaks off, its likely some memories will be taken with them. The show's protagonist, Phosphophyllite, a fragile and rare gem, is prone to breaking

2. Dorohedoro
I've heard this manga get called 'a manga about nothing', and I assume that's a representation of how twisty the plot gets in the manga. In the anime however, plot's very clear. The show primarily follows two sides:

The first side follows Caiman and Nikaido. Caiman had his head turn into a lizard's head by a sorcerer, and he's actively hunting for said sorcerer. Nikaido is Caiman's friend and also main source of food (Caiman has a big appetite and love for gyoza)

The other side follows some of the high ranking sorcerers (En, and some others whose names are escaping me right now) and their hunt for Caiman and Nikaido.

Dorohedoro is hard to capture since there's quite a bit going on in it, even though there's only been one season of it ^^; I will say that one strength of this anime is how it makes you root for both sides of the story, all of the characters are pretty likeable even if they aren't necessarily good people
1. Houseki no Kuni
HnK takes place in a world where humans were wiped out by several asteroid impacts, and now what lives on the earth are the descendants of humans. The show mainly follows the gems, who are made of rock and represent the bones of humankind

Gems are effectively immortal, but the catch is that their memories are stored in all parts of their body (like if your brain took up your entire body). If a part of them breaks off, its likely some memories will be taken with them. The show's protagonist, Phosphophyllite, a fragile and rare gem, is prone to breaking

2. Dorohedoro
I've heard this manga get called 'a manga about nothing', and I assume that's a representation of how twisty the plot gets in the manga. In the anime however, plot's very clear. The show primarily follows two sides:

The first side follows Caiman and Nikaido. Caiman had his head turn into a lizard's head by a sorcerer, and he's actively hunting for said sorcerer. Nikaido is Caiman's friend and also main source of food (Caiman has a big appetite and love for gyoza)

The other side follows some of the high ranking sorcerers (En, and some others whose names are escaping me right now) and their hunt for Caiman and Nikaido.

Dorohedoro is hard to capture since there's quite a bit going on in it, even though there's only been one season of it ^^; I will say that one strength of this anime is how it makes you root for both sides of the story, all of the characters are pretty likeable even if they aren't necessarily good people
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
No. 6 and Wolf's Rain are two of my favorites.
No. 6 and Wolf's Rain are two of my favorites.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4