Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | that moment when you finish a book serie
1 2 3
@Dragonartist24
I have read. I have read so much. My heart has been cuT OPEN so many times; and yet, I still feel the sting. So many dead characters, so many heart-wrenching scenes. So many series where the writing and plot just deteriorated. Don't read The 5th Wave; the first book is pretty good, but from there onwards, it's absolutely horrible. You could literally see that the author didn't care and was just writing words to fill the pages.

What I have yet to read is Harry Potter though. I read the first three books back in second grade when I was too young to actually understand them, so I stopped. I've been meaning to try to read the series again but haven't gotten around to it yet. Something about fantasy is hard for me to pick up lol. i'm huge fan of sci-fi and dystopian novels. But I'm gonna read Harry Potter eventually. >.>
@Dragonartist24
I have read. I have read so much. My heart has been cuT OPEN so many times; and yet, I still feel the sting. So many dead characters, so many heart-wrenching scenes. So many series where the writing and plot just deteriorated. Don't read The 5th Wave; the first book is pretty good, but from there onwards, it's absolutely horrible. You could literally see that the author didn't care and was just writing words to fill the pages.

What I have yet to read is Harry Potter though. I read the first three books back in second grade when I was too young to actually understand them, so I stopped. I've been meaning to try to read the series again but haven't gotten around to it yet. Something about fantasy is hard for me to pick up lol. i'm huge fan of sci-fi and dystopian novels. But I'm gonna read Harry Potter eventually. >.>
9CxYF0H.png
@Kairo

Oh my gosh I'm reading the third Illuminae Files book right now, and it's amazing so far! But now that I've read your post I'm a little scared to finish, haha.

I've got two fandragons for this series, send help
@Kairo

Oh my gosh I'm reading the third Illuminae Files book right now, and it's amazing so far! But now that I've read your post I'm a little scared to finish, haha.

I've got two fandragons for this series, send help
tuxedo_floracat.png
/////////////////////
//> They/Them
//> FR+0
/////////////////////////
> Drymm's Doodles
> Sticker Headshots
IqYL.png
@kairo
oh i finished the first book a little bit ago, loved it. hope to get the next soon
@kairo
oh i finished the first book a little bit ago, loved it. hope to get the next soon
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
for a second i thought that you meant that you had just finished writing a book series
for a second i thought that you meant that you had just finished writing a book series
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
@Countercurse
!!! The Illuminae files ia honestly one of my favorite book series. I absolutely adore it. And don’t be scared just keep readingggggg
i see those fandragons and I love them omg
My avatar dragon is actually very very heavily based of Nik, my favorite character in the series

@Frysa
IMO, the second book is the best. but I may be biased because my favorite character is introduced in the second book.

@GreatLordHades
Heavens, no. I do not have the creativity to write a book series, haha. Maybe one day in the future.
@Countercurse
!!! The Illuminae files ia honestly one of my favorite book series. I absolutely adore it. And don’t be scared just keep readingggggg
i see those fandragons and I love them omg
My avatar dragon is actually very very heavily based of Nik, my favorite character in the series

@Frysa
IMO, the second book is the best. but I may be biased because my favorite character is introduced in the second book.

@GreatLordHades
Heavens, no. I do not have the creativity to write a book series, haha. Maybe one day in the future.
9CxYF0H.png
It's a very common feeling it seems, lmao. I'm in luck though. Haven't felt it for a while because my current series is 12 books long. Got 4 more to go!

@Kairo I understand you loved the Illuminae Files but I want to ask you. Weird question, I know... How much... sci-fi is it? I LOVE dystopian but I don't like aliens, space travel, wormholes, space battles and what have you. The very... "tech-y" stuff. The summaries mention spaceships and that stops me from picking it up.
It's a very common feeling it seems, lmao. I'm in luck though. Haven't felt it for a while because my current series is 12 books long. Got 4 more to go!

@Kairo I understand you loved the Illuminae Files but I want to ask you. Weird question, I know... How much... sci-fi is it? I LOVE dystopian but I don't like aliens, space travel, wormholes, space battles and what have you. The very... "tech-y" stuff. The summaries mention spaceships and that stops me from picking it up.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@Kairo I think the book series' ending that hurt me the most was the end of the Inheritance circle (aka "Eragon books"). I felt so empty and I daydreamed for the rest of the day haha
@Kairo I think the book series' ending that hurt me the most was the end of the Inheritance circle (aka "Eragon books"). I felt so empty and I daydreamed for the rest of the day haha
@Charoula
No aliens. When I say sci-fi, I mean bioweapons, advanced technology (spaceships, jump stations to easily reach other ends of the universe, etc), artificial intelligence, and stuff like that. It’s not like cheesy sci-fi. It’s a really good series, but it isn’t everyones cup of tea, I know that. But I’d say it’s worth trying out if you’re willing to.

@BeyondTheClouds
Ah, the Eragon series! I have yet to read that, but I’ve heard is good.
@Charoula
No aliens. When I say sci-fi, I mean bioweapons, advanced technology (spaceships, jump stations to easily reach other ends of the universe, etc), artificial intelligence, and stuff like that. It’s not like cheesy sci-fi. It’s a really good series, but it isn’t everyones cup of tea, I know that. But I’d say it’s worth trying out if you’re willing to.

@BeyondTheClouds
Ah, the Eragon series! I have yet to read that, but I’ve heard is good.
9CxYF0H.png
@Kairo

Try it, it's worth it, but beware they are really big books haha
@Kairo

Try it, it's worth it, but beware they are really big books haha
@Kairo That sounds like I can handle it. I'll give it a go when I'm done with my current read. (Vampire Academy, actually its sequel, Bloodlines)
@Kairo That sounds like I can handle it. I'll give it a go when I'm done with my current read. (Vampire Academy, actually its sequel, Bloodlines)
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
1 2 3