Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How did you find out Santa wasn't real?
1 2 3 4 5 6
i must have been nine years old when i woke up in the middle of the night to get some water and i caught my mother wrapping presents. i asked her if Santa was real and she told me no.
i must have been nine years old when i woke up in the middle of the night to get some water and i caught my mother wrapping presents. i asked her if Santa was real and she told me no.
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
All my presents have been labelled as from the actual person who bought them, so...

I also know that the Easter [creature, not always a bunny] isn't real, but it's fun to see which animal people think it will be this year :P
All my presents have been labelled as from the actual person who bought them, so...

I also know that the Easter [creature, not always a bunny] isn't real, but it's fun to see which animal people think it will be this year :P
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
not santa exactly but i dont know, i guess it just slowly came to it and i accepted it immediately?
like yesterday i was asked if i made like a letter for him i responded i didnt. i wrote a letter literally only once and did nothing with it, its porbably hidden somewhere i dunno
not santa exactly but i dont know, i guess it just slowly came to it and i accepted it immediately?
like yesterday i was asked if i made like a letter for him i responded i didnt. i wrote a letter literally only once and did nothing with it, its porbably hidden somewhere i dunno
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I still believed in middle school and then my parents one day just said "You know he's not real, right?" and I was so upset because I still believed at the time. D:
I still believed in middle school and then my parents one day just said "You know he's not real, right?" and I was so upset because I still believed at the time. D:
I accidentally discovered where my parents were hiding the presents
I accidentally discovered where my parents were hiding the presents
I worked it out from logic and information when I was...somewhere between six and eight, I think? I remember asking my mom, in public, in a waiting room for something, that Santa wasn't real, right?
I wrote to Santa once, after I stopped believing, just to see what would happen, and actually received a reply. Apparently there are organizations that do that. It was kind of neat.
Later, I would have fun doing the math on exactly how fast Santa would have to go to hit each house, and decided that, if he did exist, he probably had an army of clones, or something.
I worked it out from logic and information when I was...somewhere between six and eight, I think? I remember asking my mom, in public, in a waiting room for something, that Santa wasn't real, right?
I wrote to Santa once, after I stopped believing, just to see what would happen, and actually received a reply. Apparently there are organizations that do that. It was kind of neat.
Later, I would have fun doing the math on exactly how fast Santa would have to go to hit each house, and decided that, if he did exist, he probably had an army of clones, or something.
vojnGCQ.png
It turned out Santa, the tooth fairy, and my dad's handwriting was ridiculously too similar. That's how I actually figured it out.

But a couple years before I accidentally found all my Christmas presents before Christmas in our closet but didn't tell anyone, and then obviously they were there on Christmas. My reasoning: Our closet is a door to the North Pole, and not Narnia. I didn't catch on that year even though it was so obvious.
It turned out Santa, the tooth fairy, and my dad's handwriting was ridiculously too similar. That's how I actually figured it out.

But a couple years before I accidentally found all my Christmas presents before Christmas in our closet but didn't tell anyone, and then obviously they were there on Christmas. My reasoning: Our closet is a door to the North Pole, and not Narnia. I didn't catch on that year even though it was so obvious.
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
I had my suspicions when I started questioning it and got bad excuses left and right, but I wanted a reason to bake cookies and get stocking stuffers so I didn't really announce I was over it yet. Eventually I pointed out that Santa had the same handwriting as my mom and she was like "ok i guess the jig is up!"
I had my suspicions when I started questioning it and got bad excuses left and right, but I wanted a reason to bake cookies and get stocking stuffers so I didn't really announce I was over it yet. Eventually I pointed out that Santa had the same handwriting as my mom and she was like "ok i guess the jig is up!"
I am not sure if I ever actually believed at all, honestly. I was always the kind of kid to question everything.
I am not sure if I ever actually believed at all, honestly. I was always the kind of kid to question everything.
tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kxok3t1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.png

rgnS7xV.gif
It was more a slow realization than anything. I was in denial for a long time 'cuz I really, really wanted him to be real.

But you know what? When your parents sacrifice their time and money to give you presents, they're really doing it to make you happy. By saying "Santa did it", weren't they just telling you not to be worried about the adult world? Maybe it's not good to shelter your kids, but you know what? I'm not mad at my parents for lying to me. They wanted to take one day a year to do something nice for us, and have some fun doing it. Why not, hm?

In short, there are three stages of life:
  1. You believe in Santa.
  2. You don't believe in Santa.
  3. You become Santa.
It was more a slow realization than anything. I was in denial for a long time 'cuz I really, really wanted him to be real.

But you know what? When your parents sacrifice their time and money to give you presents, they're really doing it to make you happy. By saying "Santa did it", weren't they just telling you not to be worried about the adult world? Maybe it's not good to shelter your kids, but you know what? I'm not mad at my parents for lying to me. They wanted to take one day a year to do something nice for us, and have some fun doing it. Why not, hm?

In short, there are three stages of life:
  1. You believe in Santa.
  2. You don't believe in Santa.
  3. You become Santa.
lll.gif She/her l 15 l Resident Music/Book Dork
1 2 3 4 5 6