Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any lolita fashion followers on FR?
1 2 3 4
@grendeleev
Ahh yes that's what I'm looking for! I just don't know what to call them hahaha

Thank you for the info!

I'm trying to join some FB sales groups but a lot of them have a join requirement as "we see lolita related content in your profile" but I am very private and my FB exists exclusively to a) link mobile game data so I won't lose it and b) to post pictures of my cat. I don't ever post photos of myself online and so even though I tried to explain that nobody's letting me in >:C
@grendeleev
Ahh yes that's what I'm looking for! I just don't know what to call them hahaha

Thank you for the info!

I'm trying to join some FB sales groups but a lot of them have a join requirement as "we see lolita related content in your profile" but I am very private and my FB exists exclusively to a) link mobile game data so I won't lose it and b) to post pictures of my cat. I don't ever post photos of myself online and so even though I tried to explain that nobody's letting me in >:C
@foxwaffles Whaaat? Like you actually got turned away by some of them? D:

Are you at least a part of Lolita Sales - WORLDWIDE? Usually if you're a part of one, other groups will let you in...
@foxwaffles Whaaat? Like you actually got turned away by some of them? D:

Are you at least a part of Lolita Sales - WORLDWIDE? Usually if you're a part of one, other groups will let you in...
I like browsing lolita stuff on Pinterest sometimes but I don't think I could ever pull something like that off. ;-;' The closest thing I have is a unicorn and unikitty wallet and a rainbow unicorn that hangs off my purse. Not really lolita, but cutesy.

I'm too old for this kind of stuff now anyway. -_-;
I like browsing lolita stuff on Pinterest sometimes but I don't think I could ever pull something like that off. ;-;' The closest thing I have is a unicorn and unikitty wallet and a rainbow unicorn that hangs off my purse. Not really lolita, but cutesy.

I'm too old for this kind of stuff now anyway. -_-;
I'm a GothLoli but I only dress up to events and when I go to butler cafes =w=

I'm getting too old for this but my lolita heart will never die ;w;
I'm a GothLoli but I only dress up to events and when I go to butler cafes =w=

I'm getting too old for this but my lolita heart will never die ;w;
QBHm0vY.jpg
@grendeleev
The WORLDWIDE group did let me in yes, so I'm hoping to use this as a stepping stone! Currently talking to the admin of a Bodyline sales group as well ^-^ I understand people being stingy/wary of creepers and scammers but I just need the admins to understand my privacy hahaha

@SquidQueen
There's no age limit for lolita <3 I was talking with the owner of the lolita-tips Tumblr and she said she's met lolitas beyond their 50s =w=

That being said I totally understand the "can I pull this off tho" concern :\ That's why I've only ordered one dress right now =3= What if I look really bad in it ;_;

@HarlequinCr0w
There's butler cafes in your area??? WHAT IS THIS I NEED ME SOME ;_;
@grendeleev
The WORLDWIDE group did let me in yes, so I'm hoping to use this as a stepping stone! Currently talking to the admin of a Bodyline sales group as well ^-^ I understand people being stingy/wary of creepers and scammers but I just need the admins to understand my privacy hahaha

@SquidQueen
There's no age limit for lolita <3 I was talking with the owner of the lolita-tips Tumblr and she said she's met lolitas beyond their 50s =w=

That being said I totally understand the "can I pull this off tho" concern :\ That's why I've only ordered one dress right now =3= What if I look really bad in it ;_;

@HarlequinCr0w
There's butler cafes in your area??? WHAT IS THIS I NEED ME SOME ;_;
@foxwaffles

If you're really interested in starting to sew your own clothes, I suggest starting off with easy things. Making headbands is a GREAT way to start which is something that I still do myself. (You can see one of the ones I made in the link on my sig) Or making a simple skirt is a good way too. Don't worry too much about messing up, because you are just getting started. (Even I still mess up from time to time. :x )

And if you want some help, I'm always glad to do so! (I teach sewing classes, so I know a little bit of what I'm talking about XD)
@foxwaffles

If you're really interested in starting to sew your own clothes, I suggest starting off with easy things. Making headbands is a GREAT way to start which is something that I still do myself. (You can see one of the ones I made in the link on my sig) Or making a simple skirt is a good way too. Don't worry too much about messing up, because you are just getting started. (Even I still mess up from time to time. :x )

And if you want some help, I'm always glad to do so! (I teach sewing classes, so I know a little bit of what I'm talking about XD)
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@foxwaffles

Oh really? That's nice to know. :) I'm 26 so I feel really awkward enjoying cutesy things, even though most of my friends enjoy them too haha. My parents constantly tease me about my wallet and unicorn hanger, but most people I meet (even people in their 50s and 60s) adore them. I'm glad society is changing and being more accepting!

edit: I'm not fully awake yet because I just pinged myself accidentally. -_-;;
@foxwaffles

Oh really? That's nice to know. :) I'm 26 so I feel really awkward enjoying cutesy things, even though most of my friends enjoy them too haha. My parents constantly tease me about my wallet and unicorn hanger, but most people I meet (even people in their 50s and 60s) adore them. I'm glad society is changing and being more accepting!

edit: I'm not fully awake yet because I just pinged myself accidentally. -_-;;
@Amura
Thanks for the tips! I have a sewing machine from my parents...would a simple skirt be too much? I've got extremely basic knowledge from a studio project I had to do at design university (our foundation studios force us to do projects in all the available fields they have degrees for to try and "help us choose" even though 99% of us already know what we want to do lol) and I used to make (really shoddy) stuffed animals in high school so I'm not completely disorientated.

Do you have any fabric recommendations in terms of what kind of fabric? I have a few basic skirt tutorials saved but could never find anybody talking about beginner + wallet friendly fabric.

@SquidQueen
I'm 21 and I'm just getting started with my wardrobe! You aren't old at all! :O I have a collection of Hello Kitty and stuff and one of my friends is 25 and has a MASSIVE Stitch collection!
@Amura
Thanks for the tips! I have a sewing machine from my parents...would a simple skirt be too much? I've got extremely basic knowledge from a studio project I had to do at design university (our foundation studios force us to do projects in all the available fields they have degrees for to try and "help us choose" even though 99% of us already know what we want to do lol) and I used to make (really shoddy) stuffed animals in high school so I'm not completely disorientated.

Do you have any fabric recommendations in terms of what kind of fabric? I have a few basic skirt tutorials saved but could never find anybody talking about beginner + wallet friendly fabric.

@SquidQueen
I'm 21 and I'm just getting started with my wardrobe! You aren't old at all! :O I have a collection of Hello Kitty and stuff and one of my friends is 25 and has a MASSIVE Stitch collection!
@foxwaffles
Aaa not exactly in my area, no, but they're more like a pop up maid/butler cafe thing? There used to be an actual maid/butler cafe, but they sadly closed down ._.;;

I do go to Swallowtail in Ikebukuro whenever I return to Tokyo though.

Btw it's pretty cool that there are lolitas beyond their 50s :O
@foxwaffles
Aaa not exactly in my area, no, but they're more like a pop up maid/butler cafe thing? There used to be an actual maid/butler cafe, but they sadly closed down ._.;;

I do go to Swallowtail in Ikebukuro whenever I return to Tokyo though.

Btw it's pretty cool that there are lolitas beyond their 50s :O
QBHm0vY.jpg
@foxwaffles

A simple skirt should be good. Most of it is straight lines, so skirts aren't all that hard until the elastic/zipper part. (Though I recommend elastic, zippers are hard even for me. :x)

And plain old cotton should be perfect. It's easy to use, and it doesn't go all over the place. And it should do for a wallet also. It's pretty durable, and you can find the stuff in any color or pattern that you'd want for the most part.
@foxwaffles

A simple skirt should be good. Most of it is straight lines, so skirts aren't all that hard until the elastic/zipper part. (Though I recommend elastic, zippers are hard even for me. :x)

And plain old cotton should be perfect. It's easy to use, and it doesn't go all over the place. And it should do for a wallet also. It's pretty durable, and you can find the stuff in any color or pattern that you'd want for the most part.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
1 2 3 4