Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Good LGBT+ Webcomics?
1 2 3
Currently I'm following Go Get A Roomie (Warning: Nudity and discussion of sex etc, especially at the start) which follows Roomie and her journey to figure herself out. It starts out pretty silly/sexual, but as it progresses it becomes more sort of slice of life. Mentions of trans characters, polyamory, and in general alternate lifestyles and dealing with your own flaws.

http://www.gogetaroomie.com/comic/and-so-it-begins

Missing Monday is super adorable. It's a comic centered around a lesbian mixed race couple in a fantasy world- Foyle Leaf and Monday Rhodes, a girl from another world who entered Foyle's life through a magical door in a clocktower.

http://www.missingmondaycomic.com/comic/chapter-01-page-01
Currently I'm following Go Get A Roomie (Warning: Nudity and discussion of sex etc, especially at the start) which follows Roomie and her journey to figure herself out. It starts out pretty silly/sexual, but as it progresses it becomes more sort of slice of life. Mentions of trans characters, polyamory, and in general alternate lifestyles and dealing with your own flaws.

http://www.gogetaroomie.com/comic/and-so-it-begins

Missing Monday is super adorable. It's a comic centered around a lesbian mixed race couple in a fantasy world- Foyle Leaf and Monday Rhodes, a girl from another world who entered Foyle's life through a magical door in a clocktower.

http://www.missingmondaycomic.com/comic/chapter-01-page-01
I do art!
@FoggyMornings
Ahhh I will always recommend The Property of Hate!
http://thepropertyofhate.com/TPoH/The%20Hook/1

One of the two main characters (the TV dude) is pansexual (with an ex girlfriend and and ex boyfriend appearing in the comic), a pair of lesbian wives, a genderfluid character, one character who seems to be agender but we're not sure yet, and apparently more on the way.

Plus it's an awesome comic and I love it! I run the fanclub here on FR if you end up liking it!
@FoggyMornings
Ahhh I will always recommend The Property of Hate!
http://thepropertyofhate.com/TPoH/The%20Hook/1

One of the two main characters (the TV dude) is pansexual (with an ex girlfriend and and ex boyfriend appearing in the comic), a pair of lesbian wives, a genderfluid character, one character who seems to be agender but we're not sure yet, and apparently more on the way.

Plus it's an awesome comic and I love it! I run the fanclub here on FR if you end up liking it!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Rock and Riot is my absolute favourite.
The comic's description: "Rock and Riot follows the tales of two opposing teenage gangs in the 1950s with an LGBTQ theme!"
It has already been completed, so you can read the entire thing for free! Just click it's name above and it should take you to it.
The art is great, the story is very sweet and the characters are super likeable, in my opinion.

My other fav is Long Exposure.
Description: "Long Exposure is an ongoing webcomic about a nerd and a bully who are forced to work on a class project together. The story revolves around them developing super powers after an incident at a strange research center, and finding themselves followed by a mysterious car, overcoming personal challenges, and (most importantly) discovering how gay they are for each other."
It actually took me a while to start this one, because at first it didn't seem like the kind of comic I'd be into, but it's really worth giving it a shot! Great art and very interesting story.
Rock and Riot is my absolute favourite.
The comic's description: "Rock and Riot follows the tales of two opposing teenage gangs in the 1950s with an LGBTQ theme!"
It has already been completed, so you can read the entire thing for free! Just click it's name above and it should take you to it.
The art is great, the story is very sweet and the characters are super likeable, in my opinion.

My other fav is Long Exposure.
Description: "Long Exposure is an ongoing webcomic about a nerd and a bully who are forced to work on a class project together. The story revolves around them developing super powers after an incident at a strange research center, and finding themselves followed by a mysterious car, overcoming personal challenges, and (most importantly) discovering how gay they are for each other."
It actually took me a while to start this one, because at first it didn't seem like the kind of comic I'd be into, but it's really worth giving it a shot! Great art and very interesting story.
XXxncCy.png
Hex | he/him | FR+9hrs
The author of Parallax has some shorter LGBT+ comics I believe but I don’t know if they’re free or not… but Parallax is free and I suspect that there will be canon LGBT+ characters given it’s something the author writes so much otherwise! And the art is cool

Also, Transformers: More than Meets the Eye (the one by James Roberts started in 2012) and its continuation Lost Light features a lot of LGBT+ characters because transformers are mechanical aliens and human gender rules don’t apply to them. The vast majority of them are male-coded so romance is typically between male-coded characters and later on there’s trans representation too. It’s really well written, definitely worth checking out!
The author of Parallax has some shorter LGBT+ comics I believe but I don’t know if they’re free or not… but Parallax is free and I suspect that there will be canon LGBT+ characters given it’s something the author writes so much otherwise! And the art is cool

Also, Transformers: More than Meets the Eye (the one by James Roberts started in 2012) and its continuation Lost Light features a lot of LGBT+ characters because transformers are mechanical aliens and human gender rules don’t apply to them. The vast majority of them are male-coded so romance is typically between male-coded characters and later on there’s trans representation too. It’s really well written, definitely worth checking out!
Accent_Banner.pngHatchery_Banner.png
35674625.png36307371.png
@FoggyMornings

If you want a bit of a laugh, Minority Monsters is pretty good.
@FoggyMornings

If you want a bit of a laugh, Minority Monsters is pretty good.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Always Raining Here is pretty cute.
Always Raining Here is pretty cute.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
ANDRE AND KARL!! OMG ITS SO DIVERSE AND GOOD AND IM DYING
ANDRE AND KARL!! OMG ITS SO DIVERSE AND GOOD AND IM DYING
@@FoggyMornings Others have suggested Hiveworks as a whole, but here are my specific favorites! Keep in mind that my tastes lean less toward "modern-day romantic comedy about finding love and/or your identity," and more towards "epic fantasy with magical creatures and a diverse cast," so your mileage may vary.

Paranatural - For a comic about ghosts, death, and a potentially world-shattering mystery, Paranatural is an endless onslaught of beautifully balanced comedy and tragedy. Come for the expressive art style and wacky humor, stay for the unique characters and overarching plot. There are so many details of minute foreshadowing and worldbuilding; every time I read it again, I notice something new. The level of detail is simply astounding.

Author and artist Zack Morrison has expressed that he wants to work on making Paranatural a more diverse cast, and this really shows from Chapter 4 onward. It's since had several moments that some have called "forced" or "shoehorned," while every LGBT+ person I know has called it "oh my god, finally." I can't really think of any content warnings, except maybe for "death in general."

Never Satisfied - The first story I've ever read with an unambiguously nonbinary protagonist. Set in an anachronistic beach-side city, a group of teenagers compete to prove themselves worthy as a representative. Magical might is valued above all else, which causes a variety of problems for a variety of reasons.

As mentioned, the protagonist is explicitly nonbinary, but it doesn't end there. There are more trans and nonbinary characters, and orientation isn't ignored either. See this tweet from the author. Content warnings for mild violence and body horror, as well as Teens Being Imperfect And Making Mistakes™.

Demon Street - Beautiful, simple, and atmospheric. The whole comic gives me the warm feeling of being a kid and finding a cool fantasy book that you've never seen before. That feeling lasts all the way through, thanks in part to Aliza Layne's gorgeous, warm art style and her refreshing portrayal of kids and teenagers.

Chock-full of casual representation. Multiple lesbian and trans characters, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Content warning for giant insects - though, to be fair, they're absolutely precious giant insects.

Sleepless Domain - If you like the aesthetic and action of the magical girl genre, but you're not a fan of anime in general, you'll love this comic. The first several chapters were drawn by a friend of the writer, Mary Cagle, but after Chapter 3, she also takes over the art. I can't say too much about the plot without completely spoiling the entire thing, but I really love the raw, unrestrained depiction of its characters and their struggles.

While arguably the least representative (for now), Sleepless Domain is still worth mentioning for its refreshing narrative. Currently includes a loving lesbian couple, with the honest intention of more to come. Content warning for blood and death, as well as a fair amount of cursing.
@@FoggyMornings Others have suggested Hiveworks as a whole, but here are my specific favorites! Keep in mind that my tastes lean less toward "modern-day romantic comedy about finding love and/or your identity," and more towards "epic fantasy with magical creatures and a diverse cast," so your mileage may vary.

Paranatural - For a comic about ghosts, death, and a potentially world-shattering mystery, Paranatural is an endless onslaught of beautifully balanced comedy and tragedy. Come for the expressive art style and wacky humor, stay for the unique characters and overarching plot. There are so many details of minute foreshadowing and worldbuilding; every time I read it again, I notice something new. The level of detail is simply astounding.

Author and artist Zack Morrison has expressed that he wants to work on making Paranatural a more diverse cast, and this really shows from Chapter 4 onward. It's since had several moments that some have called "forced" or "shoehorned," while every LGBT+ person I know has called it "oh my god, finally." I can't really think of any content warnings, except maybe for "death in general."

Never Satisfied - The first story I've ever read with an unambiguously nonbinary protagonist. Set in an anachronistic beach-side city, a group of teenagers compete to prove themselves worthy as a representative. Magical might is valued above all else, which causes a variety of problems for a variety of reasons.

As mentioned, the protagonist is explicitly nonbinary, but it doesn't end there. There are more trans and nonbinary characters, and orientation isn't ignored either. See this tweet from the author. Content warnings for mild violence and body horror, as well as Teens Being Imperfect And Making Mistakes™.

Demon Street - Beautiful, simple, and atmospheric. The whole comic gives me the warm feeling of being a kid and finding a cool fantasy book that you've never seen before. That feeling lasts all the way through, thanks in part to Aliza Layne's gorgeous, warm art style and her refreshing portrayal of kids and teenagers.

Chock-full of casual representation. Multiple lesbian and trans characters, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Content warning for giant insects - though, to be fair, they're absolutely precious giant insects.

Sleepless Domain - If you like the aesthetic and action of the magical girl genre, but you're not a fan of anime in general, you'll love this comic. The first several chapters were drawn by a friend of the writer, Mary Cagle, but after Chapter 3, she also takes over the art. I can't say too much about the plot without completely spoiling the entire thing, but I really love the raw, unrestrained depiction of its characters and their struggles.

While arguably the least representative (for now), Sleepless Domain is still worth mentioning for its refreshing narrative. Currently includes a loving lesbian couple, with the honest intention of more to come. Content warning for blood and death, as well as a fair amount of cursing.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge Ah, awesome! I'm gonna start with Never Satisfied right now and am sure to check out the rest!
@NightmareJudge Ah, awesome! I'm gonna start with Never Satisfied right now and am sure to check out the rest!
wmel3banner.png Call me "Foggy"
Fr+0 | He/Him Pronouns
Biromatic | Grey-Ace
Hufflepuff | INFP
GIJINKA HATCHERY HERE
My Chibi Headshot Shop
White Noise is always a good read~
White Noise is always a good read~
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
1 2 3