Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Words that don't look like words
1 2 3 4 5 6
How are rhythm and rhyme even words??
How are rhythm and rhyme even words??
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

'Peahen'

That is a word
'Peahen'

That is a word
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia....

As if the fear of long words couldn't have a short name.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia....

As if the fear of long words couldn't have a short name.
bi.pngwind-flight.png
> rosie | 19 | they/them
> +3 fr time
> art shop coming soon bc i need irl money and game money
> lore also coming soon bc i really want to write
nb.png
There's this road in Texas in my general area named Kuykendahl. Now, the "kendahl" is said kendall, like you'd think, I have no problem with it and rather like it.
But the kuy.
is pronounced ker.
Kerkendall.

also @Lannisfire

trebuchet is a French word, they look like that -
There's this road in Texas in my general area named Kuykendahl. Now, the "kendahl" is said kendall, like you'd think, I have no problem with it and rather like it.
But the kuy.
is pronounced ker.
Kerkendall.

also @Lannisfire

trebuchet is a French word, they look like that -
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
Annihilate.
I always had trouble with that word as a kid.
Annihilate.
I always had trouble with that word as a kid.
Vy9KW6B.png
Sugar and The.
Sugar and The.
Colonel.

I hate it so much! Whoever thought that was a good way to spell (or pronounce it) is a jerk.
Colonel.

I hate it so much! Whoever thought that was a good way to spell (or pronounce it) is a jerk.
tumblr_otwl7n9w6Z1vrqprjo1_400.pngtumblr_otwl7n9w6Z1vrqprjo2_400.png
Neighbor

Because

Weird

Thief

Though

Thought

Were

Name

Knife

Knee

Know
Neighbor

Because

Weird

Thief

Though

Thought

Were

Name

Knife

Knee

Know
@Endee Just adding a - would be enough to make it easier to read, especially pronounce. The same goes for German :P

(Ben ook Nederlands.)
@Endee Just adding a - would be enough to make it easier to read, especially pronounce. The same goes for German :P

(Ben ook Nederlands.)
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
Just though of another word. This time a german one. It's actually my favourite word, because it's beautiful. I present:

Teeei

Yup, not a typo. Three Es in a row. I can be aternately written as Tee-Ei, but who'd do that? In case you are wondering, it means literally translated 'tea egg' and refers to a round or oval metal tea filter.

Edit: I feel like adding this. Look at all those beautiful cases of the word. It's one of those things that just looks strange in all the best ways.
Just though of another word. This time a german one. It's actually my favourite word, because it's beautiful. I present:

Teeei

Yup, not a typo. Three Es in a row. I can be aternately written as Tee-Ei, but who'd do that? In case you are wondering, it means literally translated 'tea egg' and refers to a round or oval metal tea filter.

Edit: I feel like adding this. Look at all those beautiful cases of the word. It's one of those things that just looks strange in all the best ways.
1 2 3 4 5 6