Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | foodie mistakes
1 2 3
I mixed ranch and ketchup when I was at Mcdonalds for my chicken nuggets. *Barfs*
I mixed ranch and ketchup when I was at Mcdonalds for my chicken nuggets. *Barfs*
xeromias_by_keslertortiose-dbfolsr.png
OOOooo one time I used almond milk to make Tomato soup from a can and it was hands down the worst thing ever.

I've made a TON of food mistakes throughout the years. But my cooking overall is excellent for it.
OOOooo one time I used almond milk to make Tomato soup from a can and it was hands down the worst thing ever.

I've made a TON of food mistakes throughout the years. But my cooking overall is excellent for it.
Accidentally put garlic salt instead of garlic powder on bread for garlic toast. Thankfully I was able to eat the pieces I did that on so no one would notice, but I was left with salty bread
Accidentally put garlic salt instead of garlic powder on bread for garlic toast. Thankfully I was able to eat the pieces I did that on so no one would notice, but I was left with salty bread
[quote name="AmazingMelonz" date=2017-07-17 14:41:23] i was making creme brulee in a cooking class [/quote] So fancy though. :D I think the only dish I truly messed up was when I used four tablespoons of curry for curried fish instead of four teaspoons. Was so sad. :(
AmazingMelonz wrote on 2017-07-17:
i was making creme brulee in a cooking class

So fancy though. :D

I think the only dish I truly messed up was when I used four tablespoons of curry for curried fish instead of four teaspoons. Was so sad. :(
RBXYq.gifarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.pngovY2q5W.pngarcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png4BVfJ.gif
I was making macaroni & cheese from one of those microwavable cups and I forgot to add water. The microwave started steaming up and the macaroni & cheese was super burnt up. I didn't eat it.
I was making macaroni & cheese from one of those microwavable cups and I forgot to add water. The microwave started steaming up and the macaroni & cheese was super burnt up. I didn't eat it.
I accidentally fumbled a whole jar of my fajita seasoning into a dish. On that same dish the burner decided to light on fire for a few seconds (it does that if you accidentally set it too high).

I didn't burn a hole through the floor, but a lot of sour cream was involved that night.
I accidentally fumbled a whole jar of my fajita seasoning into a dish. On that same dish the burner decided to light on fire for a few seconds (it does that if you accidentally set it too high).

I didn't burn a hole through the floor, but a lot of sour cream was involved that night.
My writing project.
Once I bought a can of tomato sauce instead of spaghetti sauce when we were making spaghetti one night.

Also caused a stove fire by turning my back on my mashed potatoes, which boiled over. Thankfully just turning the stove off was enough to put out the fire.
Once I bought a can of tomato sauce instead of spaghetti sauce when we were making spaghetti one night.

Also caused a stove fire by turning my back on my mashed potatoes, which boiled over. Thankfully just turning the stove off was enough to put out the fire.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
I've misread measurements for cakes before and they've come out flat or super wet lol I've also burned garlic and ruined my whole meal. :( Burnt garlic is really, really nasty. Do not recommend.
I've misread measurements for cakes before and they've come out flat or super wet lol I've also burned garlic and ruined my whole meal. :( Burnt garlic is really, really nasty. Do not recommend.
I'm usually pretty good at cooking (especially baking) but every time I try to make these steamed-cake-things (I forgot what they're called) I also put too much water in the pan and it gets in the cups the cakes are in and it turns into steamed goop instead...

-Edit
Also, another time I was adding seasonings to a sauce for spaghetti, and I had bought a jar a smoked tomatoes, and decided to toss some in. I didn't look inside the jar, but when I looked in the pot of sauce in it afterwards there were worms in it. Worms! DX They looked like some sort of moth larva. Then I looked in the smoked tomato jar and it was full of the maggoty looking things. *Shudders* I threw all the sauce out, washed my hands several times, and poured rubbing alcohol on them (I'm a germophobe.) On a related note, I will never buy smoked tomatoes again...
I'm usually pretty good at cooking (especially baking) but every time I try to make these steamed-cake-things (I forgot what they're called) I also put too much water in the pan and it gets in the cups the cakes are in and it turns into steamed goop instead...

-Edit
Also, another time I was adding seasonings to a sauce for spaghetti, and I had bought a jar a smoked tomatoes, and decided to toss some in. I didn't look inside the jar, but when I looked in the pot of sauce in it afterwards there were worms in it. Worms! DX They looked like some sort of moth larva. Then I looked in the smoked tomato jar and it was full of the maggoty looking things. *Shudders* I threw all the sauce out, washed my hands several times, and poured rubbing alcohol on them (I'm a germophobe.) On a related note, I will never buy smoked tomatoes again...
jdDV4Lt.png
Only used half the required amount of flour for cookies, and was baffled when they came out all crumbly. Didn't realize the mistake til afterwards XD I was using a half cup to measure and thought it was a full cup..

On the plus side my family loved them crumbly and from that day I've been pestered "Make your cookies again pleaaassseee!"
Only used half the required amount of flour for cookies, and was baffled when they came out all crumbly. Didn't realize the mistake til afterwards XD I was using a half cup to measure and thought it was a full cup..

On the plus side my family loved them crumbly and from that day I've been pestered "Make your cookies again pleaaassseee!"
**Please ping me Rahkali, not Rakhali!**

xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx
z0HlerP.png
1 2 3