Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help me pick PS4 games?
1 2
@ToxicToucan

Khajiit recommends Skyrim, but Khajiit sees you already travel this land of ice and snow. So, instead Khajiit recommends Assasin's Creed. Good games, those are.
@ToxicToucan

Khajiit recommends Skyrim, but Khajiit sees you already travel this land of ice and snow. So, instead Khajiit recommends Assasin's Creed. Good games, those are.
i really like star wars ok
@ToxicToucan

I see you have Skyrim on the list, so maybe you'd be interested in Fallout 4? :D Honestly I hate shooters, but like in Skyrim, you can be stealthy and get most everything done that way. I know a lot of people didn't like FO4 compared to New Vegas or something, but as a standalone game, I think it's really good!

ALSO: Dragon Age Inquisition!! Can't believe no one's suggested this yet. It's a bit like Skyrim, too, in some ways. Very open world RPG but with waaaay better story and characters, if you ask me, lol.
@ToxicToucan

I see you have Skyrim on the list, so maybe you'd be interested in Fallout 4? :D Honestly I hate shooters, but like in Skyrim, you can be stealthy and get most everything done that way. I know a lot of people didn't like FO4 compared to New Vegas or something, but as a standalone game, I think it's really good!

ALSO: Dragon Age Inquisition!! Can't believe no one's suggested this yet. It's a bit like Skyrim, too, in some ways. Very open world RPG but with waaaay better story and characters, if you ask me, lol.
R5vHM6H.png
@toxictoucan Rocket League controls like a dream on PS4. And trust me, it doesn't sound like what I would play but I really enjoy it. Besides the rubberbanding. But the AI is art so it works offline. I've heard there are fewer wireless connection issues for players on consoles? Or at least, it's not as bad. Still fun and cheap.

Also, there's been a bunch of mixed reviews on Yooka Laylee. I'd just wait until it was on sale because it's kinda pricey (in my eyes), but it does look really good if you like 3d platformers.
@toxictoucan Rocket League controls like a dream on PS4. And trust me, it doesn't sound like what I would play but I really enjoy it. Besides the rubberbanding. But the AI is art so it works offline. I've heard there are fewer wireless connection issues for players on consoles? Or at least, it's not as bad. Still fun and cheap.

Also, there's been a bunch of mixed reviews on Yooka Laylee. I'd just wait until it was on sale because it's kinda pricey (in my eyes), but it does look really good if you like 3d platformers.
oQlTGMl.png
Bioshock's my favourite franchise so I highly recommend that if you haven't played the games yet! ^^ I also just got Prey and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. And the assassin's creed games are pretty neat!
Bioshock's my favourite franchise so I highly recommend that if you haven't played the games yet! ^^ I also just got Prey and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. And the assassin's creed games are pretty neat!
gtXoNKE.png
Down in the forest, we'll sing a chorus.
@Kalante

How could I have forgotten The Last Guardian?? I really want to play that, Treco (is that how you spell their name? D: ) is so cute, and the world is gorgeous.

Also, what is NieR: Automata? I've never heard of it. And I'm not sure if I need another game that I could sink 100+ hours into it D: I've already almost done that with Skyrim (not on a single playthrough mind you...I always get bored and start a new character lmao)

As for your other suggestions, I'm familiar with a lot of them. I'll keep 'em in mind. I'm planning on only buying new games whenever I'm almost done/completely done with the other games I have lol.

@StarRise

Oh, that's good to know about the FF series. I'll try to watch those in my free time before I buy the game. ^ -^

@Ammut

I never really looked at the Fallout games very closely. I'm more into fantasy-ish games, and more "regular world" shooting games kinda bore me > .>;

Dragon Age sounds like fun though! I'll take a look at Inquisition

@blossomruler

I've watched people play Rocket League. Omg it's hilarious xD I may download it.

With Yooka Laylee, I've also heard the mixed reviews for it. That's why I've been debating buying it :/

@GenimD

I may get Bioshock. I need to look at it a bit before I buy it though. I like being able to watch someone play through a bit of a game I'm interested in before I buy it :b
@Kalante

How could I have forgotten The Last Guardian?? I really want to play that, Treco (is that how you spell their name? D: ) is so cute, and the world is gorgeous.

Also, what is NieR: Automata? I've never heard of it. And I'm not sure if I need another game that I could sink 100+ hours into it D: I've already almost done that with Skyrim (not on a single playthrough mind you...I always get bored and start a new character lmao)

As for your other suggestions, I'm familiar with a lot of them. I'll keep 'em in mind. I'm planning on only buying new games whenever I'm almost done/completely done with the other games I have lol.

@StarRise

Oh, that's good to know about the FF series. I'll try to watch those in my free time before I buy the game. ^ -^

@Ammut

I never really looked at the Fallout games very closely. I'm more into fantasy-ish games, and more "regular world" shooting games kinda bore me > .>;

Dragon Age sounds like fun though! I'll take a look at Inquisition

@blossomruler

I've watched people play Rocket League. Omg it's hilarious xD I may download it.

With Yooka Laylee, I've also heard the mixed reviews for it. That's why I've been debating buying it :/

@GenimD

I may get Bioshock. I need to look at it a bit before I buy it though. I like being able to watch someone play through a bit of a game I'm interested in before I buy it :b
photofunky.gif
@ToxicToucan
I think I played two games this year I would always recommend immediately;

Uncharted - a thief's end, and you can still understand the story even if you haven't played the other games! That game was just epic and so beautifully made, I just loved everything about it.

And then there's also The Last Guardian, I finished that game twice in three weeks because it was just so beautiful and the story was so good. And I mean, Trico. He's the cutest...

Good luck and have fun!
@ToxicToucan
I think I played two games this year I would always recommend immediately;

Uncharted - a thief's end, and you can still understand the story even if you haven't played the other games! That game was just epic and so beautifully made, I just loved everything about it.

And then there's also The Last Guardian, I finished that game twice in three weeks because it was just so beautiful and the story was so good. And I mean, Trico. He's the cutest...

Good luck and have fun!

Nina
She/her
FR +9

invis
yBXXVTe.png invis
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
@ToxicToucan

Persona 5 is amazing
@ToxicToucan

Persona 5 is amazing
NBeoOgB.png
[quote name="ToxicToucan" date=2017-05-10 12:57:55] @Kalante Also, what is NieR: Automata? I've never heard of it. And I'm not sure if I need another game that I could sink 100+ hours into it D: I've already almost done that with Skyrim (not on a single playthrough mind you...I always get bored and start a new character lmao) [/quote] All the recs are games I've played or have watched and enjoyed. P: NieR: Automata is a post-apocalyptic type of game where you play as an android in order to save human kind from the machines. It probably wouldn't take you 100 hours, but it's a bit of a longer game if youre trying to get all 5+ 21 joke endings. It's a continuation of one of my favorite series, the Drakengard series and the second installment of the NieR games. You dont need to have played any of the other games to play this one, and a lot of new fans really enjoyed it from what I can tell. It gets people... in the emotional aspect pretty often. It says "open world" but its pretty small in comparison to open worlds like skyrim probably. Plus the story tells you where you need to go.
ToxicToucan wrote on 2017-05-10:
@Kalante

All the recs are games I've played or have watched and enjoyed. P:
NieR: Automata is a post-apocalyptic type of game where you play as an android in order to save human kind from the machines. It probably wouldn't take you 100 hours, but it's a bit of a longer game if youre trying to get all 5+ 21 joke endings.
It's a continuation of one of my favorite series, the Drakengard series and the second installment of the NieR games. You dont need to have played any of the other games to play this one, and a lot of new fans really enjoyed it from what I can tell. It gets people... in the emotional aspect pretty often.

It says "open world" but its pretty small in comparison to open worlds like skyrim probably. Plus the story tells you where you need to go.
Anyone know if there are any open world games where you can befriend the wildlife? I've always wanted a game that would allow you to have "pets" such as bears and deer, but I've never heard of any :(
Anyone know if there are any open world games where you can befriend the wildlife? I've always wanted a game that would allow you to have "pets" such as bears and deer, but I've never heard of any :(
photofunky.gif
Assassin's Creed is you're a history nerd like myself. It's a worthwhile series, but I suggest going through them in order because the plot can be confusing if you don't. Tomb Raider and Uncharted are also good ones to play!
Assassin's Creed is you're a history nerd like myself. It's a worthwhile series, but I suggest going through them in order because the plot can be confusing if you don't. Tomb Raider and Uncharted are also good ones to play!
1 2