Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone taking AP?
1 2
Hey everyone! I was curious if any of you have or are taking any AP classes currently; if so what classes? Personally, I'm taking APUSH (me off a cliff) and APENG Lang & Comp and I was also wondering how you guys study for the AP exam? (These are my first two AP classes by the way - History and english are both easy subjects for me and I enjoy them)

I'm going to be taking both of them, and I already signed up for both. What I'm currently doing since I'm home-schooled (and incredibly organized) is I bought a 3-inch binder for my APUSH class and a 2-inch binder for my APENG class for my notes that I have taken all year. I also made study groups with my friends and it's been working miraculously and will be the days leading up to the exams. Maybe we could help each other out if any of you are taking the same classes, too.
Hey everyone! I was curious if any of you have or are taking any AP classes currently; if so what classes? Personally, I'm taking APUSH (me off a cliff) and APENG Lang & Comp and I was also wondering how you guys study for the AP exam? (These are my first two AP classes by the way - History and english are both easy subjects for me and I enjoy them)

I'm going to be taking both of them, and I already signed up for both. What I'm currently doing since I'm home-schooled (and incredibly organized) is I bought a 3-inch binder for my APUSH class and a 2-inch binder for my APENG class for my notes that I have taken all year. I also made study groups with my friends and it's been working miraculously and will be the days leading up to the exams. Maybe we could help each other out if any of you are taking the same classes, too.
I will be taking APUSH next year, how's it going for you so far?
I will be taking APUSH next year, how's it going for you so far?
I'm currently taking APUSH and AP ENG as well! I assume you mean AP Lang & Comp, or is it AP Lit & Comp (I'm taking that next year)? I practice best with a lot of mock exams that are similar to the actual exams taken at the end of the year, and sometimes my teachers give us actual exams from previous years, although I'm not sure how that would work for home schooled students. You sound like you'll do pretty well already since these are your best subjects and you've already got a study group!
I'm currently taking APUSH and AP ENG as well! I assume you mean AP Lang & Comp, or is it AP Lit & Comp (I'm taking that next year)? I practice best with a lot of mock exams that are similar to the actual exams taken at the end of the year, and sometimes my teachers give us actual exams from previous years, although I'm not sure how that would work for home schooled students. You sound like you'll do pretty well already since these are your best subjects and you've already got a study group!
uQExQJB.pngx07NV8L.pngHUrgOL6.png
@GoldenEggy I'm taking AP Calc, AP Bio, and AP Lang this year, and in previous years I've taken AP Chem and AP Lit. Tbh you're already off to a way better start than me. Being organized and having a plan is going to be really helpful, especially in the last few days before the test when everyone scrambles. You probably already know this, but you can find questions off of old exams for free online, along with sample essays. I'd use those for practice. Here's a link to the College Board's page on prepping for exams: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/preparing-for-exams
By the way, which AP English course are you taking?
@GoldenEggy I'm taking AP Calc, AP Bio, and AP Lang this year, and in previous years I've taken AP Chem and AP Lit. Tbh you're already off to a way better start than me. Being organized and having a plan is going to be really helpful, especially in the last few days before the test when everyone scrambles. You probably already know this, but you can find questions off of old exams for free online, along with sample essays. I'd use those for practice. Here's a link to the College Board's page on prepping for exams: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/preparing-for-exams
By the way, which AP English course are you taking?
Hey! I'm a college student but I've taken a wide range of AP including APUSH and English! I'd say definitely study for APUSH, it's a tough test. And a tough class!

Good luck!
Hey! I'm a college student but I've taken a wide range of AP including APUSH and English! I'd say definitely study for APUSH, it's a tough test. And a tough class!

Good luck!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Blow Personally for me I LOVE history so I really enjoy it. If you want I can help you out once you take the class next year - if you want my help that is.

@mothable Yep - AP Lang & Comp (AP Lit is for seniors I think so I'm taking that next year). That's awesome that you're taking the same classes. Yeah it's pretty different and sometimes a lot in terms of the work load. In our study group we've been practicing multiple choice and timed essays (since that's also difficult to do over a computer with home schooling since everything we do is typed).

@tcatt1998 Oh wow that sounds like a lot! In the study group we have been doing multiple choice from both classes, which has been extremely beneficial! I forgot to mention what one I'm taking, it's AP Lang & Comp!

If you all want I can send you the notes I made for AP Lang in a google docs - they're not very organized yet but I shared them with my classmates and stuff and a lot of people edited in some great things. I'm currently compiling all my APUSH notes then I'll make a doc for that.
@Blow Personally for me I LOVE history so I really enjoy it. If you want I can help you out once you take the class next year - if you want my help that is.

@mothable Yep - AP Lang & Comp (AP Lit is for seniors I think so I'm taking that next year). That's awesome that you're taking the same classes. Yeah it's pretty different and sometimes a lot in terms of the work load. In our study group we've been practicing multiple choice and timed essays (since that's also difficult to do over a computer with home schooling since everything we do is typed).

@tcatt1998 Oh wow that sounds like a lot! In the study group we have been doing multiple choice from both classes, which has been extremely beneficial! I forgot to mention what one I'm taking, it's AP Lang & Comp!

If you all want I can send you the notes I made for AP Lang in a google docs - they're not very organized yet but I shared them with my classmates and stuff and a lot of people edited in some great things. I'm currently compiling all my APUSH notes then I'll make a doc for that.
@ImpossibleJedi4 Hey and thank you! I wish you luck in your college classes, too!
@ImpossibleJedi4 Hey and thank you! I wish you luck in your college classes, too!
@GoldenEggy Do you take the actual exam over the computer too, or do you still need to take the paper one? Because if it's paper I might suggest practicing with pen just to get used to it.
@GoldenEggy Do you take the actual exam over the computer too, or do you still need to take the paper one? Because if it's paper I might suggest practicing with pen just to get used to it.
uQExQJB.pngx07NV8L.pngHUrgOL6.png
I'm taking AP European History this year~ As for studying, I really don't know. o: All I did to study for my Human Geography test last year was pay attention during the reviews we had before the test. Didn't even look at my notes for that long, really. :'D

I'm thinking of going over my weaker spots ahead of time, namely French Republics and ye olde days, AA Ah. Maybe I should try some study groups-
I'm taking AP European History this year~ As for studying, I really don't know. o: All I did to study for my Human Geography test last year was pay attention during the reviews we had before the test. Didn't even look at my notes for that long, really. :'D

I'm thinking of going over my weaker spots ahead of time, namely French Republics and ye olde days, AA Ah. Maybe I should try some study groups-
Banner_2.png
SKIN SHOP
tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png
@mothable Yeah, I actually have to go to a school and take it on paper for both exams. I've also been trying to time myself on essays so I don't freak out under pressure while taking the actual exam.
@mothable Yeah, I actually have to go to a school and take it on paper for both exams. I've also been trying to time myself on essays so I don't freak out under pressure while taking the actual exam.
1 2