Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fantasy Creatures
1 2 3 4
@DragonWolfie I love so many fantasy creatures it's impossible to just pick one. I love werewolves, I've loved them since I was little and it never stopped. I don't like how some media werewolves are seen as more human ten wolf. Iike the way Skyrim portrays them, brute force, on four paws with a tail and feared. dragons (duh :3) but also wyrm, wyverns and drakes. [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/2e/b3/d0/2eb3d0ad0531b4baa8848120cfab6e35.jpg[/img]
@DragonWolfie

I love so many fantasy creatures it's impossible to just pick one.

I love werewolves, I've loved them since I was little and it never stopped. I don't like how some media werewolves are seen as more human ten wolf. Iike the way Skyrim portrays them, brute force, on four paws with a tail and feared.

dragons (duh :3) but also wyrm, wyverns and drakes.
2eb3d0ad0531b4baa8848120cfab6e35.jpg

ani_bw_328.gif ani_bw_329.gifani_bw_330.gif
@UnderTheStairs Classics are good. How do you view vampires and werewolves - irredeemable monsters or more human like and struggling with 'predator' side? (I don't like Twilight either)

I'm not really into spooky things, but I see why people think they're awesome.

@Cheeseburger That's so cool! There are loads of interesting birds to base them on too. Did you only do ones inspired by birds of prey, or other birds too?

@Vulcanatus Research is fun - I like seeing different people's interpretations of various creatures. There's always scope for putting your own spin on things too.

@Ceravine :D

@Myeengun It's interesting and kinda sad that the idea of them might have come about from people trying to explain disabilities in their kids.

@WillowBreeze They certainly are terrifying.

@Rielly Yes, Kirin are great. I love seeing artists differing depictions of creatures like this - they're all so cool.

@Nekron Just how far a person would go is interesting and rather creepy.

@Windshear Ooh, Gargoyles. I've always liked the protector type creatures. I missed the Gargoyles cartoon as a child, but watched it recently as an adult and loved it.

@WhiskyAndCigars That image is exactly how I see the draconic cousins. It frustrates and amuses me how different the ideas of what a wyrm and a wyvern look like are.
@UnderTheStairs Classics are good. How do you view vampires and werewolves - irredeemable monsters or more human like and struggling with 'predator' side? (I don't like Twilight either)

I'm not really into spooky things, but I see why people think they're awesome.

@Cheeseburger That's so cool! There are loads of interesting birds to base them on too. Did you only do ones inspired by birds of prey, or other birds too?

@Vulcanatus Research is fun - I like seeing different people's interpretations of various creatures. There's always scope for putting your own spin on things too.

@Ceravine :D

@Myeengun It's interesting and kinda sad that the idea of them might have come about from people trying to explain disabilities in their kids.

@WillowBreeze They certainly are terrifying.

@Rielly Yes, Kirin are great. I love seeing artists differing depictions of creatures like this - they're all so cool.

@Nekron Just how far a person would go is interesting and rather creepy.

@Windshear Ooh, Gargoyles. I've always liked the protector type creatures. I missed the Gargoyles cartoon as a child, but watched it recently as an adult and loved it.

@WhiskyAndCigars That image is exactly how I see the draconic cousins. It frustrates and amuses me how different the ideas of what a wyrm and a wyvern look like are.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
Wendigos are one of my favourites because they creep me out so much. They really give me the willies.

I'm also really in love with satyrs, I keep a statue of Pan in my room with my crystals c:

Aside from that any and all Fey-based creatures and lore. LOVE it.
Wendigos are one of my favourites because they creep me out so much. They really give me the willies.

I'm also really in love with satyrs, I keep a statue of Pan in my room with my crystals c:

Aside from that any and all Fey-based creatures and lore. LOVE it.
dR1OCbi.png
|Alice|24|INFJ|Jewelry Artisan|Chaotic Neutral|Elizabethan Reenactor|
|Mass Effect|Astronomy|Mystic Messenger|Tea Witch|Wonderland|
my favorite fantasy creature is my will to live
i like dragons, cockatrice, griffons, and all that stuff. also basilisks and chimeras. and serpents i love serpents
my favorite fantasy creature is my will to live
i like dragons, cockatrice, griffons, and all that stuff. also basilisks and chimeras. and serpents i love serpents
Illustration.png
@DragonWolfie

I had also designed a peacock prince harpy and a hummingbird harpy! But the birds of prey are more fun to draw because I like the fiercer styles.
@DragonWolfie

I had also designed a peacock prince harpy and a hummingbird harpy! But the birds of prey are more fun to draw because I like the fiercer styles.
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
Sphinxes! also griffons,manticores, and taurs. I like the unusual taurs that are of unusual animals.
Sphinxes! also griffons,manticores, and taurs. I like the unusual taurs that are of unusual animals.
azag_sig.png
@WhiskyAndCigars
I think I'm in love with that picture. It's pretty much exactly how I've always envisioned the draconic family to be and it frustrates me to no end when people just label them all as "dragon"
@WhiskyAndCigars
I think I'm in love with that picture. It's pretty much exactly how I've always envisioned the draconic family to be and it frustrates me to no end when people just label them all as "dragon"
wORSkxL.png
Griffins! I have always loved griffins. One thing that I think is fun about them is that there are at least three different ways to spell them. Plus they're generally underappreciated. I also like flower fairies, and making up my own mythical creatures in my head.

@Windshear I love the show Librarians! It's the only TV show I actually watch.
Griffins! I have always loved griffins. One thing that I think is fun about them is that there are at least three different ways to spell them. Plus they're generally underappreciated. I also like flower fairies, and making up my own mythical creatures in my head.

@Windshear I love the show Librarians! It's the only TV show I actually watch.
If you can't see the sun, splash in the puddles.
@MerryClarinet

YES! You're one of the only people I've met who watches it :D
Have you seen season 3 yet?
@MerryClarinet

YES! You're one of the only people I've met who watches it :D
Have you seen season 3 yet?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@Windshear Only one. I have a crazy schedule, so I usually watch what I can and then see the rest of the season through my library website once it's completed.
(I can't even remember which one right now which is kind of sad.)
@Windshear Only one. I have a crazy schedule, so I usually watch what I can and then see the rest of the season through my library website once it's completed.
(I can't even remember which one right now which is kind of sad.)
If you can't see the sun, splash in the puddles.
1 2 3 4