Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ace Attorney Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6
@MissPoisonAlice

im a huge jfa fan but im totally with you on DD being weak- i acutaly wrote a super lengthy post on it on my meta blog haha (Aceattorneymeta if anyone is interested, id b happy to post a link) i dont personally tink athena is the reason- i like her a lot as a character but voerall i think shes been treated very poorly by the narrative and its weakened her potential character and character growth a lot tbh >.>

my personal rankings are
JFA
T&T
PW:AA
AAI (And PL vs AA)
AJ
SoJ
DD
@MissPoisonAlice

im a huge jfa fan but im totally with you on DD being weak- i acutaly wrote a super lengthy post on it on my meta blog haha (Aceattorneymeta if anyone is interested, id b happy to post a link) i dont personally tink athena is the reason- i like her a lot as a character but voerall i think shes been treated very poorly by the narrative and its weakened her potential character and character growth a lot tbh >.>

my personal rankings are
JFA
T&T
PW:AA
AAI (And PL vs AA)
AJ
SoJ
DD
36132963_il9YvKp8m9hCpXm.png
@LemonQuartz
I think the problem for me with Athena is that her mechanic (the mood matrix) makes no sense, like that's not how psychology works, and she's not doing "therapy". The judge may be a little out there but i don't think even him should be fine with a 18 years old using a tiny computer to "read the voices of the heart" or something like that and take it as evidence. Phoenix's mechanic was meant to be ~magic~ and he rarely uses it in court, and even if Apollo's was a bit weird considering he always knows exactly when to look for it, it's still a pretty believable concept that you can see when people get nervous, and I still personally think it makes more sense than Athena.

What made it even worst is that the divination seance was basically an upgraded version of the mood matrix and I liked that one much more. Oh and her hair, it's weird lol

Overall it's not that I don't like her personality she's funny and have a lot of potential to grow as an attorney, but like you said they handled her so badly, so she never grew on me like Apollo did for example, that's kinda sad.

@LemonQuartz
I think the problem for me with Athena is that her mechanic (the mood matrix) makes no sense, like that's not how psychology works, and she's not doing "therapy". The judge may be a little out there but i don't think even him should be fine with a 18 years old using a tiny computer to "read the voices of the heart" or something like that and take it as evidence. Phoenix's mechanic was meant to be ~magic~ and he rarely uses it in court, and even if Apollo's was a bit weird considering he always knows exactly when to look for it, it's still a pretty believable concept that you can see when people get nervous, and I still personally think it makes more sense than Athena.

What made it even worst is that the divination seance was basically an upgraded version of the mood matrix and I liked that one much more. Oh and her hair, it's weird lol

Overall it's not that I don't like her personality she's funny and have a lot of potential to grow as an attorney, but like you said they handled her so badly, so she never grew on me like Apollo did for example, that's kinda sad.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 23820.png Pink.pngJNAfoEf.png
wh3Tiip.pngeIK5iG7.png
FFXIV_Dark.pngR5Nbt0x.png
968.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@MissPoisonAlice

Oh god I DESPISE THE MOOD MATRIX

not only froma logical standpoint (I can understand that after 14 years they want to change up court room mechanics.... so why not do a dgs jury??? it makes more sense. or just stick with apollos bracelet. I dont enjoy perceiving at ALL but i like it better than THERAPY)
but its also just difficult and boring. I dont really get the purpose of it tbh.
@MissPoisonAlice

Oh god I DESPISE THE MOOD MATRIX

not only froma logical standpoint (I can understand that after 14 years they want to change up court room mechanics.... so why not do a dgs jury??? it makes more sense. or just stick with apollos bracelet. I dont enjoy perceiving at ALL but i like it better than THERAPY)
but its also just difficult and boring. I dont really get the purpose of it tbh.
OH HEY my kind of people

I've recently replayed Apollo Justice and it's killing me it's been like 10 years and they still haven't gotten to telling Apollo and Trucy. NEXT GAME PLS
OH HEY my kind of people

I've recently replayed Apollo Justice and it's killing me it's been like 10 years and they still haven't gotten to telling Apollo and Trucy. NEXT GAME PLS
OjayHBU.png
@DemiFiend

OMG

I FEEL YOU
I'm so desperate for the reveal you don't even know...and I was SO mad in DD when that piece of clothing came up and nobody said anything. like WHAT??
But yeah I feel like some serious stuff is going to happens in the next game and considering the ending i'm pretty sure it's for the next one! It's seriously going to make me cry and not a lot of things make me cry lol (although I did shed a lil tear when they revealed Maya in SoJ...my baby all grown up...i'm so proud of her...)
@DemiFiend

OMG

I FEEL YOU
I'm so desperate for the reveal you don't even know...and I was SO mad in DD when that piece of clothing came up and nobody said anything. like WHAT??
But yeah I feel like some serious stuff is going to happens in the next game and considering the ending i'm pretty sure it's for the next one! It's seriously going to make me cry and not a lot of things make me cry lol (although I did shed a lil tear when they revealed Maya in SoJ...my baby all grown up...i'm so proud of her...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 23820.png Pink.pngJNAfoEf.png
wh3Tiip.pngeIK5iG7.png
FFXIV_Dark.pngR5Nbt0x.png
968.png xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
@MissPoisonAlice

Yeah, at the end of SoJ they're definitely telling them in the next game...about time! Though you'd think considering both of them could perceive that one would add two and two together...ehehe. And yeah, when Maya appeared I was so happy; she still had her good ol' charm <3
@MissPoisonAlice

Yeah, at the end of SoJ they're definitely telling them in the next game...about time! Though you'd think considering both of them could perceive that one would add two and two together...ehehe. And yeah, when Maya appeared I was so happy; she still had her good ol' charm <3
OjayHBU.png
So hey, I know that it's been more than half a year since this has been alive... but I wanted to share a thing with anybody who's still here.

So, I had been looking for a copy of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney for a while now. About two weeks back, I was at a local flea market. (does anyone still call them those but me?) Anyway, there's this flea market in my town that has a lot of people selling used and old video games, and I like to go down there now and then to see what they've got because I am a massive nerd. One time I picked up a copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for just two dollars from someone who really didn't know its value, it was awesome. But that's neither here nor there.

In any case, I was down at this flea market, and I see a copy of Apollo Justice, so I finally got my hands on a copy of it! Just beat it yesterday morning, too. I really enjoyed it, and I especially liked Apollo's "Magical Lawyer Superpower." I found it an interesting and fun mechanic.

Now, a question for the floor. I had heard from my friend - haven't gone looking for myself much - that the MASON System was something that most people hated about Apollo Justice. I, however, quite enjoyed it as a mechanic, and wish it had had more time to shine. What do you all think?
So hey, I know that it's been more than half a year since this has been alive... but I wanted to share a thing with anybody who's still here.

So, I had been looking for a copy of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney for a while now. About two weeks back, I was at a local flea market. (does anyone still call them those but me?) Anyway, there's this flea market in my town that has a lot of people selling used and old video games, and I like to go down there now and then to see what they've got because I am a massive nerd. One time I picked up a copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for just two dollars from someone who really didn't know its value, it was awesome. But that's neither here nor there.

In any case, I was down at this flea market, and I see a copy of Apollo Justice, so I finally got my hands on a copy of it! Just beat it yesterday morning, too. I really enjoyed it, and I especially liked Apollo's "Magical Lawyer Superpower." I found it an interesting and fun mechanic.

Now, a question for the floor. I had heard from my friend - haven't gone looking for myself much - that the MASON System was something that most people hated about Apollo Justice. I, however, quite enjoyed it as a mechanic, and wish it had had more time to shine. What do you all think?
k1K1XD8.pngtumblr_p40ig3ow3d1x4l02qo1_250.pngchyndrw.png
@PrinceOfMonsters

lol @ that awkward zombie refrence- percieveing is a little weird, but i think it's a solid mechanic that adds variety to the series

I have mixed opinions on the MASON system- i think if it had been intergrated better into the games it could have been a really fantastic addition to the games, but its always just felt a little... off to me. How did the technology inept phoenix get his hands on this? why is it admissable in a court of law? how does it even work- could it have been faked? I think it could have been interesting but wasnt done quite well enough for that, tbh
@PrinceOfMonsters

lol @ that awkward zombie refrence- percieveing is a little weird, but i think it's a solid mechanic that adds variety to the series

I have mixed opinions on the MASON system- i think if it had been intergrated better into the games it could have been a really fantastic addition to the games, but its always just felt a little... off to me. How did the technology inept phoenix get his hands on this? why is it admissable in a court of law? how does it even work- could it have been faked? I think it could have been interesting but wasnt done quite well enough for that, tbh
I agree, there's a lot that doesn't make sense about it, but I did quite like the mechanic used, and I feel like had it been worked more into the series, it could have been really cool.

As for the things that make less sense about it, story-wise... I figured that Phoenix had familiarized himself more with technology during the seven years between Trials & Tribulations and Apollo Justice, in planning for the MASON System specifically, for the purpose of that case. As for why it's admissible in a court of law... I figure that if it's all backed up, by something solid like photographic proof without tampering, and all the evidence followed the rules of evidence, I don't see why it wouldn't be. But that's all just personal speculation, since it was seemingly cobbled into Apollo Justice.
I agree, there's a lot that doesn't make sense about it, but I did quite like the mechanic used, and I feel like had it been worked more into the series, it could have been really cool.

As for the things that make less sense about it, story-wise... I figured that Phoenix had familiarized himself more with technology during the seven years between Trials & Tribulations and Apollo Justice, in planning for the MASON System specifically, for the purpose of that case. As for why it's admissible in a court of law... I figure that if it's all backed up, by something solid like photographic proof without tampering, and all the evidence followed the rules of evidence, I don't see why it wouldn't be. But that's all just personal speculation, since it was seemingly cobbled into Apollo Justice.
k1K1XD8.pngtumblr_p40ig3ow3d1x4l02qo1_250.pngchyndrw.png
Ah, Ace Attorney games. I love them. I am slowly filling my DS with the games. Have Trilogy and Dual Destinies now. Played Apollo Justice as well and will get it too.

I really love a lot of the characters in those games and can't wait to get them all.
Ah, Ace Attorney games. I love them. I am slowly filling my DS with the games. Have Trilogy and Dual Destinies now. Played Apollo Justice as well and will get it too.

I really love a lot of the characters in those games and can't wait to get them all.
407Ohsj.png
1 2 3 4 5 6