Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ace Attorney Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6
@echothelatias
Hello there :D!
The other games are really good! Apollo Justice, Investigations 1 and 2, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice... I still haven't olayed Spirit of Justice, but knowing it's Ace Attorney it must be good haha. Investigations is also a nice change of pace, since you play as Edgeworth instead of Phoenix. Though my favorite out of those I mentioned is certainly Dual Destinies, I don't know if it's because my favorite character is from the game, but I just love it so much. The last chapter made me very emotional! So yes, I'd say they're definitely a go!
@echothelatias
Hello there :D!
The other games are really good! Apollo Justice, Investigations 1 and 2, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice... I still haven't olayed Spirit of Justice, but knowing it's Ace Attorney it must be good haha. Investigations is also a nice change of pace, since you play as Edgeworth instead of Phoenix. Though my favorite out of those I mentioned is certainly Dual Destinies, I don't know if it's because my favorite character is from the game, but I just love it so much. The last chapter made me very emotional! So yes, I'd say they're definitely a go!
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
Does anyone know any recent info regarding the localization of DGS? I know the chances are pretty slim, but i'd like to know.
Does anyone know any recent info regarding the localization of DGS? I know the chances are pretty slim, but i'd like to know.
xpxalNl.gif
@Endora

Yo. I was at AX this year, adn i was a cosplayer for the capcom booth, n DGS got brought up quite a bit. the capcom staff would not allow a cosplayer with a "localize dgs" sign to show it off in the booth

janet hsu the head localizer to AA, when asekd, said that the dgs situation was "complicated" which leads me to believe it is more than a little bit out of the localizer's hands. There has been speculation that it may be becuase the sherlock holmes public use things are complicated in AMerica more so than in other places. becuase some parts of dgs likely borrow from sherlock holmes stories, it maydraw form a specific sherlock holmes story that is still copyrighted in the US but the restrictions are less strict in japan.
once again, nto confirmed, just some personal speculation adn personal experience/knowledge. hope that helps! :D
@Endora

Yo. I was at AX this year, adn i was a cosplayer for the capcom booth, n DGS got brought up quite a bit. the capcom staff would not allow a cosplayer with a "localize dgs" sign to show it off in the booth

janet hsu the head localizer to AA, when asekd, said that the dgs situation was "complicated" which leads me to believe it is more than a little bit out of the localizer's hands. There has been speculation that it may be becuase the sherlock holmes public use things are complicated in AMerica more so than in other places. becuase some parts of dgs likely borrow from sherlock holmes stories, it maydraw form a specific sherlock holmes story that is still copyrighted in the US but the restrictions are less strict in japan.
once again, nto confirmed, just some personal speculation adn personal experience/knowledge. hope that helps! :D
36132963_il9YvKp8m9hCpXm.png
@LemonQuartz
This is really helpful, thank you!
@LemonQuartz
This is really helpful, thank you!
xpxalNl.gif
@Endora

No prob, glad to help! :)
I know a loooooot of random ace attorney stuff so. if you have any questiosn abt othe stuff, i'd alwas be happy to try and help! I lvoe to talk about AA facts that i have filed away lol
@Endora

No prob, glad to help! :)
I know a loooooot of random ace attorney stuff so. if you have any questiosn abt othe stuff, i'd alwas be happy to try and help! I lvoe to talk about AA facts that i have filed away lol
So, random question just because I'm curious... With all the magnificent characters spanning every Ace Attorney game out there, can you pick one singular favourite character (or several that's fine too)? Also, any particular reason that character sticks out to you?
So, random question just because I'm curious... With all the magnificent characters spanning every Ace Attorney game out there, can you pick one singular favourite character (or several that's fine too)? Also, any particular reason that character sticks out to you?
k1K1XD8.pngtumblr_p40ig3ow3d1x4l02qo1_250.pngchyndrw.png
@PrinceOfMonsters
Oh gosh, I'd have to go Maya!
I love her so much, she's such a well developed character? I'm ot 100% huge on some of her development in AA6 (or mroe that. she didn't have any) She has such a fantastic arc in the first 3 games, and I feel like we really get to see her go from being a scared young girl to a young adult who's ready to teach and lead a villiage. She's really funny and silly, at times, but she's a uanced character with a lot of emotional turmoil that we only get to see glimpses of becuase she feels like she has to put on a brave face for pearl, mia, and phoenix. She goes from crying over mias body in game one to lying to protect Godot in game three, and it's really a stunning transformation. (not to mention all the stuff with dekiller and pearls in game 2...) She's great and I love her.
@PrinceOfMonsters
Oh gosh, I'd have to go Maya!
I love her so much, she's such a well developed character? I'm ot 100% huge on some of her development in AA6 (or mroe that. she didn't have any) She has such a fantastic arc in the first 3 games, and I feel like we really get to see her go from being a scared young girl to a young adult who's ready to teach and lead a villiage. She's really funny and silly, at times, but she's a uanced character with a lot of emotional turmoil that we only get to see glimpses of becuase she feels like she has to put on a brave face for pearl, mia, and phoenix. She goes from crying over mias body in game one to lying to protect Godot in game three, and it's really a stunning transformation. (not to mention all the stuff with dekiller and pearls in game 2...) She's great and I love her.
@PrinceofMonsters
I have to go with Simon.
His personality, his manner of speech (adding -dono), his appearance— everything about him is just amazing to me. Especially his samurai-like personality and actions. "giving" his own life to save Athena from being convicted, sacrificing himself for his Mentor's most precious treasure. His black sense of humor is also top notch. Character development as well. I don't know what got me into liking Blackquill so much, probably just looking at his interactions with others, how it varies from person to person. How manipulative he can be at times— playing "Simon Says" with the court.
I have yet to play the chapter he shows up in SOJ, although I already have the game. Though I do know he aids Athena in the case (thanks, Tumblr). Another thing I love about him is exactly that, his friendship with Athena.
@PrinceofMonsters
I have to go with Simon.
His personality, his manner of speech (adding -dono), his appearance— everything about him is just amazing to me. Especially his samurai-like personality and actions. "giving" his own life to save Athena from being convicted, sacrificing himself for his Mentor's most precious treasure. His black sense of humor is also top notch. Character development as well. I don't know what got me into liking Blackquill so much, probably just looking at his interactions with others, how it varies from person to person. How manipulative he can be at times— playing "Simon Says" with the court.
I have yet to play the chapter he shows up in SOJ, although I already have the game. Though I do know he aids Athena in the case (thanks, Tumblr). Another thing I love about him is exactly that, his friendship with Athena.

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
Passing by to say I'm almost done with SOJ, and that I loved chapter 4.
Passing by to say I'm almost done with SOJ, and that I loved chapter 4.

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
Ah, yes. Maya and Simon are two of my personal favourites as well!

Although I have to say, my absolute favourite character would probably be Godot. His chill personality, his backstory, his completely awesome theme music... and some of the sickest burns ever thrown across a courtroom to boot. I've heard it said that he's like a breath of fresh air compared to the intense feel of Franziska von Karma from the last game, and I have to say I agree. I really wish we got more of him, but alas. In addition to his personality as Godot, I also love his personality as Diego Armando. The way they wrote him so very the same, and yet so different really strikes a chord with me. My personal favourite part, though... is how he parallels his drink of choice so well. Godot is strong and very distinct, and moreover he is very bitter, bitter about what happened to him in the past. These traits that might make him detestable to some are the very traits that make him so likeable to so many others - just like the coffee he loves so much.

At least, that's my opinion.

To end what I'm sure is a quite obnoxiously long post, I'll leave you with a little tidbit that I found quite interesting.
The name "Godot" comes from a French play named "Waiting for Godot," a play considered to be a theoretical impossibility because of its nature. Waiting for Godot is a play in which nothing happens - and yet it keeps audiences at the edges of their seats. The play revolves around two men waiting for a third man, named Godot, to arrive, but Godot never shows up. This is the plot of the entirety of the play.

As a matter of fact, one line, said by Detective Luke Atmey in case 3-2, references this play. When Atmey starts talking about the mysterious prosecutor Godot, he says, "Some spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearance."
Ah, yes. Maya and Simon are two of my personal favourites as well!

Although I have to say, my absolute favourite character would probably be Godot. His chill personality, his backstory, his completely awesome theme music... and some of the sickest burns ever thrown across a courtroom to boot. I've heard it said that he's like a breath of fresh air compared to the intense feel of Franziska von Karma from the last game, and I have to say I agree. I really wish we got more of him, but alas. In addition to his personality as Godot, I also love his personality as Diego Armando. The way they wrote him so very the same, and yet so different really strikes a chord with me. My personal favourite part, though... is how he parallels his drink of choice so well. Godot is strong and very distinct, and moreover he is very bitter, bitter about what happened to him in the past. These traits that might make him detestable to some are the very traits that make him so likeable to so many others - just like the coffee he loves so much.

At least, that's my opinion.

To end what I'm sure is a quite obnoxiously long post, I'll leave you with a little tidbit that I found quite interesting.
The name "Godot" comes from a French play named "Waiting for Godot," a play considered to be a theoretical impossibility because of its nature. Waiting for Godot is a play in which nothing happens - and yet it keeps audiences at the edges of their seats. The play revolves around two men waiting for a third man, named Godot, to arrive, but Godot never shows up. This is the plot of the entirety of the play.

As a matter of fact, one line, said by Detective Luke Atmey in case 3-2, references this play. When Atmey starts talking about the mysterious prosecutor Godot, he says, "Some spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearance."
k1K1XD8.pngtumblr_p40ig3ow3d1x4l02qo1_250.pngchyndrw.png
1 2 3 4 5 6