Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Guinea Pigs McFly and Yogi!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Awww...they are soo adorable. Guinea pigs are great ^^
Awww...they are soo adorable. Guinea pigs are great ^^
6YousWl.pngLCqISMP.pngfX0bVgZ.pngsh5xjiu.pngqOI0yVu.png

"The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

@fluffyfg

Thanks! I think he's a silky pig, or has silky in him, because his hair on his backside is VERY long, but it doesn't curl like the scruffy pigs. c: And they do have their own little shelters; I had them out though to I could introduce them; I didn't wanna introduce them in one or the other's cages because of the whole territorial reason. (: And your pigs sound like a LOT of fun. xD I'd love to see them sometime! (:

@Reefknot

I've never heard of them, but that just means I have to look them up now! Haha what genre are they? c:

@Adalet

Thanks! He looks like a little baby bear, so that's how I thought of the name Yogi, like Yogi Bear. cx And little piggy arguments are kinda cute haha, when I had them out yesterday, McFly was sitting on top of the towel and Yogi kept trying to burrow under it, so he almost flipped McFly off the coffee table while he was pulling on the towel. xD

@Blackheart666

Thank you! They love the compliments haha. cx I love piggies, they're probably one of the most underrated pets. I never realized how smart they were, and how much fun they can be. <3
@fluffyfg

Thanks! I think he's a silky pig, or has silky in him, because his hair on his backside is VERY long, but it doesn't curl like the scruffy pigs. c: And they do have their own little shelters; I had them out though to I could introduce them; I didn't wanna introduce them in one or the other's cages because of the whole territorial reason. (: And your pigs sound like a LOT of fun. xD I'd love to see them sometime! (:

@Reefknot

I've never heard of them, but that just means I have to look them up now! Haha what genre are they? c:

@Adalet

Thanks! He looks like a little baby bear, so that's how I thought of the name Yogi, like Yogi Bear. cx And little piggy arguments are kinda cute haha, when I had them out yesterday, McFly was sitting on top of the towel and Yogi kept trying to burrow under it, so he almost flipped McFly off the coffee table while he was pulling on the towel. xD

@Blackheart666

Thank you! They love the compliments haha. cx I love piggies, they're probably one of the most underrated pets. I never realized how smart they were, and how much fun they can be. <3
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
@foxscarf

Mostly pop music with a little rock and alternative thrown in there with their older songs. They're really good but I'm probs biased because I've loved them since I was younger. Lol. I think they're more well known in the UK but even then, they're not that well known.

Fun facts, one of the members has written songs for one direction, one was on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, one was on Strictly Come Dancing, two have written books together about dinosaurs and poo (lol) and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head

I love em
@foxscarf

Mostly pop music with a little rock and alternative thrown in there with their older songs. They're really good but I'm probs biased because I've loved them since I was younger. Lol. I think they're more well known in the UK but even then, they're not that well known.

Fun facts, one of the members has written songs for one direction, one was on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, one was on Strictly Come Dancing, two have written books together about dinosaurs and poo (lol) and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head

I love em
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
@FoxScarf Depends on how you define fun. XD But I wouldn't want to miss them for the world. Interesting. I don't know much about Silkies, or any long haired breeds, really. If his backside hair is very long, you will probably have to cut it occasionally when it tangles. Flocke, one of my females, is a Swiss Teddy or mix thereof. Her fur isn't really that long, but longer than average. She mostly does her own grooming, however I don't think she reaches all the way back, which is why I have to cut out tangles sometimes. I've been trying to take some decent pictures of my piggies and mostly been failing. XD If I don't use flash, the picture is all blurry. If I do use flash, my pigs suddenly have red eyes (there are red-eyes guinea pigs, but not in my household). These are some ok-pictures: [img]http://i64.tinypic.com/2d0f3ig.jpg[/img] Gandalf, my male, whom I got from a shelter. I think he's either an U.S. Teddy or a Rex. His fur is definitely different from Flocke's and not nearly as long. Here's a picture of Gandalf's other side... he only has spots on the left: [img]http://i67.tinypic.com/fdzf9l.jpg[/img] For comparison two pictures of Flocke (ignore the weird eyes): [img]http://i63.tinypic.com/142dikk.jpg[/img] [img]http://i65.tinypic.com/1zxkqom.jpg[/img] She's incredibly shy. Lotte and Gandalf both take food from my hand. Flocke doesn't and probably never will. That's ok, though. And last but not least noisy Lotte: [img]http://i64.tinypic.com/eukd9x.jpg[/img] [img]http://i63.tinypic.com/2vrvb4z.jpg[/img] She looks like a black dalmatian at first glance, but as the closeup shows, she's actually a black tan dalmatian.
@FoxScarf
Depends on how you define fun. XD But I wouldn't want to miss them for the world.

Interesting. I don't know much about Silkies, or any long haired breeds, really. If his backside hair is very long, you will probably have to cut it occasionally when it tangles. Flocke, one of my females, is a Swiss Teddy or mix thereof. Her fur isn't really that long, but longer than average. She mostly does her own grooming, however I don't think she reaches all the way back, which is why I have to cut out tangles sometimes.

I've been trying to take some decent pictures of my piggies and mostly been failing. XD If I don't use flash, the picture is all blurry. If I do use flash, my pigs suddenly have red eyes (there are red-eyes guinea pigs, but not in my household).
These are some ok-pictures:

2d0f3ig.jpg

Gandalf, my male, whom I got from a shelter. I think he's either an U.S. Teddy or a Rex. His fur is definitely different from Flocke's and not nearly as long.

Here's a picture of Gandalf's other side... he only has spots on the left:

fdzf9l.jpg

For comparison two pictures of Flocke (ignore the weird eyes):

142dikk.jpg
1zxkqom.jpg

She's incredibly shy. Lotte and Gandalf both take food from my hand. Flocke doesn't and probably never will. That's ok, though.

And last but not least noisy Lotte:

eukd9x.jpg
2vrvb4z.jpg

She looks like a black dalmatian at first glance, but as the closeup shows, she's actually a black tan dalmatian.

@fluffyfg

I absolutely love. those. piggies. And Flocke? Oh my goodness what an adorable ball of fluff they all are aaaahhhh. Give them all cuddles from me!! x3
@fluffyfg

I absolutely love. those. piggies. And Flocke? Oh my goodness what an adorable ball of fluff they all are aaaahhhh. Give them all cuddles from me!! x3
Dawwwwwww there's more now, this is such a wholesome thread
Dawwwwwww there's more now, this is such a wholesome thread
@FoxScarf
Yes, Flocke is a ball of fluff. I call her my sheep sometimes. XD
@FoxScarf
Yes, Flocke is a ball of fluff. I call her my sheep sometimes. XD
@doglover101 @FuzzyBelly

mcqmn5.jpg

Here's today's picture! As far as bonding with me, Yogi is doing great! I got him on Friday, and today he came to me when I called his name and held out a carrot, twice! With McFly, the two have their ups and downs. One minute together and they're chirping and cuddling and sleeping all snuggled up, and the next, Yogi tries to assert dominance and starts fights with McFly. Just gotta keep working with them. ^-^
@doglover101 @FuzzyBelly

mcqmn5.jpg

Here's today's picture! As far as bonding with me, Yogi is doing great! I got him on Friday, and today he came to me when I called his name and held out a carrot, twice! With McFly, the two have their ups and downs. One minute together and they're chirping and cuddling and sleeping all snuggled up, and the next, Yogi tries to assert dominance and starts fights with McFly. Just gotta keep working with them. ^-^
@fluffyfg

Haha she looks just like a calico sheep! Do you know what kind of piggy she is? I just can't stop looking at the picture of her haha, she's too cute. cx She reminds me of my sister's old guinea pig, Ziggy. <3
@fluffyfg

Haha she looks just like a calico sheep! Do you know what kind of piggy she is? I just can't stop looking at the picture of her haha, she's too cute. cx She reminds me of my sister's old guinea pig, Ziggy. <3
@FoxScarf

I love Yogi`s little snout in that picture! :3
It looks like you are having great progress with bonding them!
:D
@FoxScarf

I love Yogi`s little snout in that picture! :3
It looks like you are having great progress with bonding them!
:D
little-wahle.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7