Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Guinea Pigs McFly and Yogi!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@FoxScarf AW YISS this is the content I come here for
@FoxScarf AW YISS this is the content I come here for
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!
Frankenstein3.jpg
@Koffein @dragoncrystal @Dandans0029 @OracleOreo00

Thank y'all for your sweet comments! Y'all made McFly blush, lol. And Dandans, I wish I had a little cowboy hat to put on him! That'd be the cutest little boop ah. cx

@fluffyfg

Awwhe, I'm glad you're having so much fun with your piggies! I've been looking into getting McFly a little buddy for a while, but as it's just me, I don't want to get more than I can handle, and then end up having to give one away. Is it much harder, having two? Do they need more space? My apartment is tiny, so I'd feel bad about forcing two piggies to share a cage if it's too small for them. Those are my concerns though, other than that, I'd totally love to get McFly a little buddy! c:
@Koffein @dragoncrystal @Dandans0029 @OracleOreo00

Thank y'all for your sweet comments! Y'all made McFly blush, lol. And Dandans, I wish I had a little cowboy hat to put on him! That'd be the cutest little boop ah. cx

@fluffyfg

Awwhe, I'm glad you're having so much fun with your piggies! I've been looking into getting McFly a little buddy for a while, but as it's just me, I don't want to get more than I can handle, and then end up having to give one away. Is it much harder, having two? Do they need more space? My apartment is tiny, so I'd feel bad about forcing two piggies to share a cage if it's too small for them. Those are my concerns though, other than that, I'd totally love to get McFly a little buddy! c:
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
Omg a PIGGYYYY!!!
You should get him a friend! Guinea pigs are social creatures-- they can get depressed without a buddy. I recommend c&c cages! Lots of spaces. You can get fleece for bedding, a lot easier to clean. Spot clean throughout the week and by the end shake off the poop and throw it in the wash. Then just put down a new one :3 There are a lot of super cute patterns, and it looks nicer imo. He will love the space, and there will be room for a friend! ^^ if you need any advice or help lemme know, I has many piggies!
Omg a PIGGYYYY!!!
You should get him a friend! Guinea pigs are social creatures-- they can get depressed without a buddy. I recommend c&c cages! Lots of spaces. You can get fleece for bedding, a lot easier to clean. Spot clean throughout the week and by the end shake off the poop and throw it in the wash. Then just put down a new one :3 There are a lot of super cute patterns, and it looks nicer imo. He will love the space, and there will be room for a friend! ^^ if you need any advice or help lemme know, I has many piggies!
Oops! Forgot to ping! I got too excited LOL @FoxScarf
Oops! Forgot to ping! I got too excited LOL @FoxScarf
@FoxScarf
Two guinea pigs aren't really more work than one. Even with three I don't feel it makes much of a difference. Mucking out their cage takes longer, but that's because I built a much larger cage to accomodate three (the biggest cages the pet shops here sell aren't even large enough for two). Naturally, they also need more food. The new guy seams to be eating as much as my two girls combined. However, he was rather small when I got him, and from what I know of his life before, he probably has some catching up to do. Space is definitely an issue, but it's possible to use a cage with several levels/floors. The important thing is that the pigs have enough space to avoid each other if they want to/have to, because arguments aren't uncommon, especially if you decide to get another male.
@FoxScarf
Two guinea pigs aren't really more work than one. Even with three I don't feel it makes much of a difference. Mucking out their cage takes longer, but that's because I built a much larger cage to accomodate three (the biggest cages the pet shops here sell aren't even large enough for two). Naturally, they also need more food. The new guy seams to be eating as much as my two girls combined. However, he was rather small when I got him, and from what I know of his life before, he probably has some catching up to do. Space is definitely an issue, but it's possible to use a cage with several levels/floors. The important thing is that the pigs have enough space to avoid each other if they want to/have to, because arguments aren't uncommon, especially if you decide to get another male.
@fluffyfg well you've convinced me; I'm gonna get a new piggy brother for McFly after thanksgiving. I'm gonna go get a new bigger cage too, probably this weekend. Thanks for your help! (:
@fluffyfg well you've convinced me; I'm gonna get a new piggy brother for McFly after thanksgiving. I'm gonna go get a new bigger cage too, probably this weekend. Thanks for your help! (:
jt1htg.jpg

I didn't have a cowboy hat, but McFly thought his water bottle cap was fashionable @Dandans0029
jt1htg.jpg

I didn't have a cowboy hat, but McFly thought his water bottle cap was fashionable @Dandans0029
@FoxScarf

Omg! He`s sooooo cute!

Just wanted to say that like other people said on this forum, you might want to do some research about piggies because I have found that pet stores tend to not have updated pet care. Also make sure when you are looking up about piggies (I tend to call guinea pigs piggies quite a lot... :D) you look at A LOT of websites because one website may not get enough info on it. Good luck! :D

I also read how your getting a bigger cage, look up c and c cages, they`re actually are cheaper, bigger, and far easier to use than regular cages. You can design them however you want and they`re pretty nice.

Also, you can get guinea pigs from adoption places. You can arrange with someone on craigslist to meet you at starbucks if they have a guinea pig that they no longer want because I have found that there is a lot of regular people who have guinea pigs, but don`t want them anymore, but they don`t want to give them to an adoption place because they feel uncomfortable with that and so they`ll put them on Craigslist or some other pet adoption website. This is exactly how i got my two adorable guinea pigs!

I need to post some pictures of my guinea pigs on here because they`re adorable piggies.... :3
@FoxScarf

Omg! He`s sooooo cute!

Just wanted to say that like other people said on this forum, you might want to do some research about piggies because I have found that pet stores tend to not have updated pet care. Also make sure when you are looking up about piggies (I tend to call guinea pigs piggies quite a lot... :D) you look at A LOT of websites because one website may not get enough info on it. Good luck! :D

I also read how your getting a bigger cage, look up c and c cages, they`re actually are cheaper, bigger, and far easier to use than regular cages. You can design them however you want and they`re pretty nice.

Also, you can get guinea pigs from adoption places. You can arrange with someone on craigslist to meet you at starbucks if they have a guinea pig that they no longer want because I have found that there is a lot of regular people who have guinea pigs, but don`t want them anymore, but they don`t want to give them to an adoption place because they feel uncomfortable with that and so they`ll put them on Craigslist or some other pet adoption website. This is exactly how i got my two adorable guinea pigs!

I need to post some pictures of my guinea pigs on here because they`re adorable piggies.... :3
little-wahle.png
@Frostflight

Thanks for your help! There's a piggy rescue not far from here so I plan on going to check them out... I'm gonna get my new piggy this Friday. I'm so excited! And I'd love to see your little piggies! I wish the people here were more into them, I'd love to someday go to a guinea pig social. cx
@Frostflight

Thanks for your help! There's a piggy rescue not far from here so I plan on going to check them out... I'm gonna get my new piggy this Friday. I'm so excited! And I'd love to see your little piggies! I wish the people here were more into them, I'd love to someday go to a guinea pig social. cx
1 2 3 4 5 6 7