Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36 37
[quote name="Ecruteak" date=2016-11-02 07:05:24] for some reason, if people drop their cups at lunch or dinner in the cafeteria, everyone claps. I mean everyone. On Monday since it was Halloween, we had a special buffet-style. And there was a flash mob type of circumstance where about 50 people dropped their cups at the same time. So, you know, there was clapping for a solid five minutes. It was really weird. [/quote] i'm not even in college but i do this. there's this musician's summer camp i go to in a college that's really close to our house, and we'll be in the cafeteria, and someone drops a plate. everyone (me included) will start clapping. i'd assume we're clapping out of sarcasm, but the real reason eludes me.
Ecruteak wrote on 2016-11-02:
for some reason, if people drop their cups at lunch or dinner in the cafeteria, everyone claps. I mean everyone.

On Monday since it was Halloween, we had a special buffet-style. And there was a flash mob type of circumstance where about 50 people dropped their cups at the same time. So, you know, there was clapping for a solid five minutes.

It was really weird.
i'm not even in college but i do this.
there's this musician's summer camp i go to in a college that's really close to our house, and we'll be in the cafeteria, and someone drops a plate. everyone (me included) will start clapping. i'd assume we're clapping out of sarcasm, but the real reason eludes me.
L O A D I N G . . .
spinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gif
bloop
bloop
f0zzDOS.png
Our school is an art/design school and for the past few days we're having all the graduating students set up their work in galleries.

My course is illustration and animation and everyone has been coming to our exhibition area not for the works nor the animation. No they come for the freebies. Because out of the entire school, only the illustration students leave free stickers and postcards for visitors haha. Me included.
Plus since many of us were told that we can't have other works at the table, the stickers are like our final moments to defy the school and bend their rules

Perks of being a student is that we can go about to collect everyone's work before the gallery doors open. We take namecards too because everyone's namecard is like a high-class mini print.

Also each table has a name tag and it's own light, and there are some who never turned up. My friends took someone's (he never showed up) nametag and put it right under the spotlight, contemporary art style.
Our school is an art/design school and for the past few days we're having all the graduating students set up their work in galleries.

My course is illustration and animation and everyone has been coming to our exhibition area not for the works nor the animation. No they come for the freebies. Because out of the entire school, only the illustration students leave free stickers and postcards for visitors haha. Me included.
Plus since many of us were told that we can't have other works at the table, the stickers are like our final moments to defy the school and bend their rules

Perks of being a student is that we can go about to collect everyone's work before the gallery doors open. We take namecards too because everyone's namecard is like a high-class mini print.

Also each table has a name tag and it's own light, and there are some who never turned up. My friends took someone's (he never showed up) nametag and put it right under the spotlight, contemporary art style.
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
ALSO each of us gets 2 copies of the graduation catalogue, which is a compilation of everyone's works and portfolio websites.

I asked a friend to sign on his page and 2 days later he comes and tells me that I started the book-signing epidemic that's been going around ever since.

Yess.
ALSO each of us gets 2 copies of the graduation catalogue, which is a compilation of everyone's works and portfolio websites.

I asked a friend to sign on his page and 2 days later he comes and tells me that I started the book-signing epidemic that's been going around ever since.

Yess.
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
Once I woke my girlfriend up at 4AM because I was thirsty, and long story short we walked at 4:15AM to the nearest KFC for cola.

When exam tensions are high amiright
Once I woke my girlfriend up at 4AM because I was thirsty, and long story short we walked at 4:15AM to the nearest KFC for cola.

When exam tensions are high amiright
IUVFB2R.png
I had heard of this happening at other campuses, but had assumed that my campus would never experience it.

I was on campus during lunch and was headed to the cafeteria. When, suddenly, a man in one of those gold morph suits came sprinting by me. I just stopped and stared and watched him run, his fairy wings bouncing behind him. Then there were about six or seven people that came running by me, all holding brooms between their legs.

YOU GUYS. THERE WAS A QUIDDITCH MATCH GOING ON.
I had heard of this happening at other campuses, but had assumed that my campus would never experience it.

I was on campus during lunch and was headed to the cafeteria. When, suddenly, a man in one of those gold morph suits came sprinting by me. I just stopped and stared and watched him run, his fairy wings bouncing behind him. Then there were about six or seven people that came running by me, all holding brooms between their legs.

YOU GUYS. THERE WAS A QUIDDITCH MATCH GOING ON.
@MoxxiiRae
Yeah my school has a competitive Quidditch team it's pretty cool!
@MoxxiiRae
Yeah my school has a competitive Quidditch team it's pretty cool!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@ImpossibleJedi4
I just want you to know that your school is incredibly awesome. But, does that mean that since it's competitive, other schools around you ALSO have Quidditch Teams?!
@ImpossibleJedi4
I just want you to know that your school is incredibly awesome. But, does that mean that since it's competitive, other schools around you ALSO have Quidditch Teams?!
@MoxxiiRae
Yeah they do! I go to school in a very college-heavy city (literally you cannot throw a stick without it landing on some campus) so yeah, a lot of schools nearby have Quidditch teams! It's very popular here.
@MoxxiiRae
Yeah they do! I go to school in a very college-heavy city (literally you cannot throw a stick without it landing on some campus) so yeah, a lot of schools nearby have Quidditch teams! It's very popular here.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@MoxxiiRae
But why where seven people chasing the dude? It's against the rules for any player other than the seeker to touch the snitch...
@MoxxiiRae
But why where seven people chasing the dude? It's against the rules for any player other than the seeker to touch the snitch...
tumblr_inline_o3yucuamjg1snuovk_500.gif
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36 37