Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Are you in college? What's your major?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
i graduated spring of '15 with a BS in criminal justice (:
i graduated spring of '15 with a BS in criminal justice (:
QIxeDdo.pngcqU2DDg.pngphcaNCP.png
@GoldenBeetle

Life is a conundrum..
What are you drawn to? What snaps your suspenders?

In today's access to the internet how can you create a avenue no one else has discovered?

Finding stable employment is frustrating in the current perspective and economy... something mindless and part time would allow you the time to discover yourself and manage school.

You could start with one class at a time... look within... are you good at math, music, video, computers, dealing with people, starting good idea that can be sold to others (entrepreneurial or marketing) or organizing events?
@GoldenBeetle

Life is a conundrum..
What are you drawn to? What snaps your suspenders?

In today's access to the internet how can you create a avenue no one else has discovered?

Finding stable employment is frustrating in the current perspective and economy... something mindless and part time would allow you the time to discover yourself and manage school.

You could start with one class at a time... look within... are you good at math, music, video, computers, dealing with people, starting good idea that can be sold to others (entrepreneurial or marketing) or organizing events?
tumblr_inline_nyx58vwBds1trfs23_540.png
Welp, I feel like right now I am majoring in Time Management, and Team Collaboration, with a sprinkle of Stress Handling.

But really, I'm in Computer Programming, and it is a very busy time right now. XD
Welp, I feel like right now I am majoring in Time Management, and Team Collaboration, with a sprinkle of Stress Handling.

But really, I'm in Computer Programming, and it is a very busy time right now. XD
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@Rogue

How are you applying your technology?

I have had wonderful experiences in working with robotic limbs and programming. That is an amazing filed. Some of my friends have branched off into the AI field.
Today virtual realities in the gaming industry are running a close second to this vision.

I am not really sure if there will ever be a true artificial intelligence but there are humanoid machines that learn simple tasks and exhibit specialized attributes like recognizing smells and visual recognition; can life be reduced to all binary code?

My second life choice is interfacing with humans to bridge the gap of Technology and Compassion, Ah.. The humanity of it all.
@Rogue

How are you applying your technology?

I have had wonderful experiences in working with robotic limbs and programming. That is an amazing filed. Some of my friends have branched off into the AI field.
Today virtual realities in the gaming industry are running a close second to this vision.

I am not really sure if there will ever be a true artificial intelligence but there are humanoid machines that learn simple tasks and exhibit specialized attributes like recognizing smells and visual recognition; can life be reduced to all binary code?

My second life choice is interfacing with humans to bridge the gap of Technology and Compassion, Ah.. The humanity of it all.
@Orion5: I just started with my degree; I'm not too sure where I'll go from here, but I'm aiming for a career in forensics right now. Not really technology, but I like the idea of using science to bring justice to fruition, you know?

That sounds truly amazing. I really wish I were adept enough at higher level math and engineering to pursue a career in a field like that, but alas, I am not. I applaud you though. It sounds like making the future a reality now.
@Orion5: I just started with my degree; I'm not too sure where I'll go from here, but I'm aiming for a career in forensics right now. Not really technology, but I like the idea of using science to bring justice to fruition, you know?

That sounds truly amazing. I really wish I were adept enough at higher level math and engineering to pursue a career in a field like that, but alas, I am not. I applaud you though. It sounds like making the future a reality now.
IMG_0247.jpg
Kudos to everyone who is studying mental health.

Today this is such an important field... Coping skills are very important to be healthy and achieve the milestones in life.
Kudos to everyone who is studying mental health.

Today this is such an important field... Coping skills are very important to be healthy and achieve the milestones in life.
@Rogue

The evolution of forensic science is an interesting career path that brings evidence-based, rational thinking to the process instead of hear-say and best story when there has been a cause for a violent demise. It has a rich history since the 16th century and was originally developed by surgeons of the time. All the best success in your studies and achievements :)
@Rogue

The evolution of forensic science is an interesting career path that brings evidence-based, rational thinking to the process instead of hear-say and best story when there has been a cause for a violent demise. It has a rich history since the 16th century and was originally developed by surgeons of the time. All the best success in your studies and achievements :)
Well, I finished my bachelor's and decided that I liked school so much that I'm pursuing a masters in education! Hopefully I'll past my tests and become a high school English teacher.
Well, I finished my bachelor's and decided that I liked school so much that I'm pursuing a masters in education! Hopefully I'll past my tests and become a high school English teacher.
xWoPUjI.png
I'm not actually sure ;; My path is Diplomacy, but I also am on the track for history, so I guess a history and politics major?
I'm not actually sure ;; My path is Diplomacy, but I also am on the track for history, so I guess a history and politics major?
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
Undecided atm...probably going for something art related, possibly having to do with painting...
Undecided atm...probably going for something art related, possibly having to do with painting...
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11